Windows 10: Windows explorer crashes when resized or restored down

Discus and support Windows explorer crashes when resized or restored down in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So whenever I resize windows explorer or try anything to make it not full screen, it moves to a tiny window in the corner of the screen where it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by slyger, Oct 23, 2019.

1. slyger Win User

Windows explorer crashes when resized or restored down

So whenever I resize windows explorer or try anything to make it not full screen, it moves to a tiny window in the corner of the screen where it freezes and starts flickering I have to then restart in task manager. I've run the Cbs scan and some corruptions were found but not all were able to be repaired. Explorer launches maximised and works fine unless I try to move/minimise. Help would be greatly appreciated *Smile , Thanks
    CbsErrorr_report.zip
    Windows explorer crashes when resized or restored down [​IMG]

:)

slyger, Oct 23, 2019
  2. kennylsh Win User

Windows Explorer Crashes after Resizing/Snapping

I have a problem with Windows Explorer. Each time I open a window in Windows Explorer, it opens up in full screen. When I resize/restore it (by clicking and dragging the top bar, or by clicking the restore button), the window resizes into a very small window,
    and the contents start flickering rapidly. This renders the window unusable.

Windows explorer crashes when resized or restored down 979c8d29-8c2a-480e-acfc-bbb6783e1859.png

Closing the window causes Explorer to crash and restart.

Hope to get somebody's help on this. Thanks so much!

kennylsh, Oct 23, 2019
  3. File Explorer Crash in Restore Down Size

I had shrunk my File Explorer Window to the smallest width, and it crashed, Now it crashes every time I click on the Restore Down icon at the top right side of the File Explorer screen. I cannot resize to a larger size now.

jcuspilich, Oct 23, 2019
  4. Harvy Win User

Windows explorer crashing

Hi,

I am having the same problem as the OP in this thread.
    Windows Explorer crashes whenever I open my external HDD or thumb drive in explorer..

I have tried the fixes listed in the above thread and I am getting the same error message as 'ktadie' (post 16). I think this is because I am running Windows 7 Professional. Windows explorer crashes when I open my 'Films' folder on my brand new 2tb external HDD. I have about 300 .avi files in this folder and some of the .avi files are several years old.

In short I believe I need the same fix given by 'Wile E' (post 7) but updated for Windows 7 Professional.

Thanks in advance.

Harvy, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows explorer crashes when resized or restored down - Similar Threads - explorer crashes resized

2. File explorer Lags out when resizing it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer Lags out when resizing it: I'm looking for anyone who knows how to fix this, but when i try to resize file explorer, it lags out looking like my monitor is running at 59 hz when I'm actually running 144hz. id include a video, but OBS makes it look like nothings wrong submitted by /u/ArloContainedYT...
  3. Windows explorer's searchbar resizes when switching monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer's searchbar resizes when switching monitors: I would like to report a bug and find a solution how to get rid of this behavior. A searchbar gets larger in a window that is moved between two monitors.Below is a recording of a window being moved between two monitors with window+shift+arrow keyboard shortcut. The window is...
  4. Windows explorer's searchbar resizes when switching monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows explorer's searchbar resizes when switching monitors: I would like to report a bug and find a solution how to get rid of this behavior. A searchbar gets larger in a window that is moved between two monitors.Below is a recording of a window being moved between two monitors with window+shift+arrow keyboard shortcut. The window is...
  5. Windows explorer's searchbar resizes when switching monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Windows File Explorer crashes after resizing or snapping in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Windows File Explorer crashes after resizing or snapping in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows File Explorer is one of the most frequently used applications in Windows 10. […] This article Windows File Explorer crashes after resizing or snapping in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Windows Explorer Window: Can't resize it.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Window: Can't resize it.: Hi, I'm having a really hard time with my Windows Explorer Window. It's stuck in maximum mode but I can minimize. The problem is I can't use the arrows to change the size of the window. Any help would be appreciated. I'm working with Windows 10. 154137
  8. Remote desktop crash when moving/resizing windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remote desktop crash when moving/resizing windows: Hey. I'm running into a problem with one of our employee's personal laptops when they RDP into their office desktop. It connects just fine and opens up on the laptop and additional monitor that is connected, however when they try and move or resize a window the session...
  9. Windows Explorer crashes when i restore down any window

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer crashes when i restore down any window: Hi guys, so a few days ago I noticed that every time i try to restore down any windows explorer window it starts glitching until explorer crashes, I've scanned my system with both sfc /scan now and antivirus software and neither reported any problems but i still have problem...
  10. Resizing File Explorer Window

in Windows 10 Support
    Resizing File Explorer Window: When I open File Explorer the window opens maximized and will not let me resize it. The minimize (-) and close (x) buttons work ok but the center button doesn't do anything when picked. I am new to windows 10, my old system was XP. Any help/ideas would be appreciated. 48903