Windows 10: Windows Explorer Crashes When Right-Clicking Folders on The Left Pane

Discus and support Windows Explorer Crashes When Right-Clicking Folders on The Left Pane in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Windows Explorer crashes every time I right-click on a folder under Quick Access or This PC. I have tried clearing the file explorer history and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dbkchu, Nov 4, 2019.

1. dbkchu Win User

Windows Explorer Crashes When Right-Clicking Folders on The Left Pane

Hi,

Windows Explorer crashes every time I right-click on a folder under Quick Access or This PC. I have tried clearing the file explorer history and restarting my computer/file explorer from the command prompt. The last problem report I got is below. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Source

Windows Explorer

Summary

Stopped working

Date

‎11/‎4/‎2019 1:19 PM

Status

Report sent

Description

Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Explorer.EXE

Application Version: 10.0.18362.387

Application Timestamp: 0e377b6c

Fault Module Name: SHELL32.dll

Fault Module Version: 10.0.18362.387

Fault Module Timestamp: deca38c3

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 000000000009bc4a

OS Version: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: b6b3

Additional Information 2: b6b32a50ecb50cc1eb923eda54291cbe

Additional Information 3: bf04

Additional Information 4: bf04373a015bef0798fe3e458c45a272

Extra information about the problem

Bucket ID: 2d69d2e5747fe61195b6c03757a82675 (1564649264484198005)

:)

dbkchu, Nov 4, 2019
  2. peteyt Win User

Explorer crashing when right clicking folders on Navigation Pane

Hi there

Recently I've been experiencing a weird problem with Windows 10. Right clicking any folders on the pane on the left - the one with folders, libraries etc. causes explorer to freeze and then crash.

I can right click on files and folders in the main explorer window. This problem only occurs when I try to right click on something in the navigation pane.

What could cause this?

peteyt, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Explorer crash on Windows 10 Home when right-clicking in left pane.

When Windows Explorer is open, if I right-click on anything in the left-pane, Explorer crashes and re-starts.

I've googled, and tried using NirSoft's ShellFix, disabled the most common issues googling resulted in:
    #1 Remove Nvidia context-menu and for desktop right-click.
    #2 Remove Spybot Search & Destroy context-menu.
    #3 Remove Nvidia "nvshext.dll" (not found after using ShellFix)

None of these resulted in a fix at all. I've tried booting in safe mode, the same problem exists. I can right-click on file and folders in the right pane of Explorer, but right-clicking in the left pane, whether folder or drive. Explorer still crashes.

I found a Microsoft page regarding a similar issue, and to be on the safe side, I tried that. Still doing the same thing.

This is really driving me crazy, since I use portable backup drives to re-install my games onto the system but it's pretty hard to drag and drop when you can't have a second Explorer pane open.

Anyone have any ideas?
    *Mad

Nocturne4Ever, Nov 4, 2019
  4. SDMF74 Win User

Explorer crashing when right clicking folders on Navigation Pane

NVIDIA CPL Context Menu Extension is indeed the culprit. Eventually I would like to be able to reenable the shell extension. Is this an Nvidia or a microsoft issue? I wonder if either are even aware of the issue.

Every time I right click any drive in the file explorer left pane window file explorer crashes

SDMF74, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Explorer Crashes When Right-Clicking Folders on The Left Pane - Similar Threads - Explorer Crashes Right

2. Explore restarts when right-clicking the list on the left

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explore restarts when right-clicking the list on the left: HelloI am facing problem when right click on folder list on left side of explorer, when right click and select anything, like "open new window", properties",... Explorer will restart. when right click after 10 seconds explorer will restart...
  3. Explore restarts when right-clicking the list on the left

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explore restarts when right-clicking the list on the left: HelloI am facing problem when right click on folder list on left side of explorer, when right click and select anything, like "open new window", properties",... Explorer will restart. when right click after 10 seconds explorer will restart...
  4. Explore restarts when right-clicking the list on the left

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explorer Crashes When Right Clicking

File Explorer Crashes When Right Clicking: Long story short, whenever I try to rick click a file, File Explorer crashes. This doesn't happen with folders, and it doesn't happen on the desktop. File Explorer also crashes when I try to move a file by dragging it, and it also sometimes crashes when I go into a folder,...
  6. Windows 10 File Explorer keeps crashing when i right click on Navigation Pane

Windows 10 File Explorer keeps crashing when i right click on Navigation Pane: I've been having this problem for months, simply whenever I right click on the Navigation Pane, File Explorer freezes for 2 seconds then shuts down. More specifically whenever I right click on the Navigation Pane, after the right click menu whether i click anything or close...
  7. Windows Explorer crashes when right clicking to open a new folder

Windows Explorer crashes when right clicking to open a new folder: Windows Explorer crashes when right clicking to open a new folder -info: I have remapped the documents, pictures, videos, desktop, downloads and folders to the D drive where I want my files to reside and have installed Adobe Creative Cloud The problem details are below,...
  8. Explorer crash on Windows 10 Home when right-clicking in left pane.

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer crash on Windows 10 Home when right-clicking in left pane.: When Windows Explorer is open, if I right-click on anything in the left-pane, Explorer crashes and re-starts. I've googled, and tried using NirSoft's ShellFix, disabled the most common issues googling resulted in: #1 Remove Nvidia context-menu and for desktop right-click....
  9. Explorer crashing when right clicking folders on Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer crashing when right clicking folders on Navigation Pane: Hi there Recently I've been experiencing a weird problem with Windows 10. Right clicking any folders on the pane on the left - the one with folders, libraries etc. causes explorer to freeze and then crash. I can right click on files and folders in the main explorer...
  10. Explorer crashing when right clicking in the video folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer crashing when right clicking in the video folder: Last week I bought a new gaming PC. Came with Windows 10. Now I've noticed then when I right click in the system default video folder (under "this PC") explorer crashes. It only happens with the video folder for some reason. Even clicking the tabs make it crash except for...