Windows 10: Windows explorer crashes

Discus and support Windows explorer crashes in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Faulting application name: ATKEX_cmd.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.14393.479, time... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Phanact, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Phanact Win User

Windows explorer crashes

Faulting application name: ATKEX_cmd.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.14393.479, time stamp: 0x58256d37Exception code: 0x0eedfadeFault offset: 0x000da832Faulting process id: 0x12b8Faulting application start time: 0x01d2842fb1c5762cFaulting application path: C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\ATKEX_cmd.exeFaulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\KERNELBASE.dllReport Id: 2ed13984-e108-4d9b-8d56-73f069eebc5bFaulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID:

https://puu.sh/tZq02/0f090317ff.png

This is what I think is erroring me out.

:)

Phanact, Feb 11, 2017
  2. StuMac52 Win User

Windows 10 File Explorer Crashing and Restarting On All 4 Of My Computers

I began using Explorer++ because File Explorer is near unusable. Unfortunately, it wasn't perfect either because it still caused explorer to crash when Explorer++ would use File Explorer or shell functions. When I did a re-install of Windows 10, I did not
    install Explorer++ until File Explorer started failing. For test purposes, I've delete Explorer++ it and cleaned up the registry (there's no install/uninstall app).

When I open "Recent Items" in %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows, explorer crashes.

In Safe Mode, opening Recent Items does not cause explorer to crash however, it still crashes when creation a folder and still shows double libraries etc.

StuMac52, Feb 11, 2017
  3. Windows Explorer crashes since most recent Security update

Noticed my Wife's laptop crashed yesterday and noticed in error logs Windows Explorer crashed. Something new for sure, only noticed it one time. Nothing found on SFC check. It's possible something else crashed Windows Explorer so have to wait to see if
    it happens again. My Wife has a lot of Chrome tabs open and noticed a memory leak causing RAM to fill up fast. This in itself could have crashed Explorer.

jescott418, Feb 11, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Windows explorer crashes

Hi, I have Realtek installed (version directly from the Taiwanese site).

Whilst I have that folder, I don't have ATKEX_cmd.exe. That will be related to your particular MBO.
    A general search for that yields quite a few results which you might find helpful.

Are you sure you have a Win 10 compatible driver, up to date and appropriate for your PC?

It could be helpful if you complete your specs, especially your PC model, manufacturer, MBO type. You can use Speccy (free) for example.

The most convenient way to post screenshots is to use the icon to the left of the video icon above your post Insert Image

dalchina, Feb 11, 2017
  5. Phanact Win User
    I mean I should have everything up to date.

It was a custom build.
    https://puu.sh/u0RGQ/c286538134.png

Here's the speccy of it.

I've already checked those links on google and I've found nothing.

Phanact, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows explorer crashes

1. Windows explorer crashes - Similar Threads - explorer crashes

2. File Explorer Crashes Mounting Synology NAS Windows 10 - IconCache Corrupt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Crashes Mounting Synology NAS Windows 10 - IconCache Corrupt: I am running Windows 10 and the NAS I am trying to connect to is a Synology Diskstation DS1517+I've been able to connect and add a Quick Access to this NAS drive in the past but recently I started having an issue where my File Explorer crashes whenever I would try and login...
  3. File Explorer Crashes Mounting Synology NAS Windows 10 - IconCache Corrupt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Crashes Mounting Synology NAS Windows 10 - IconCache Corrupt: I am running Windows 10 and the NAS I am trying to connect to is a Synology Diskstation DS1517+I've been able to connect and add a Quick Access to this NAS drive in the past but recently I started having an issue where my File Explorer crashes whenever I would try and login...
  4. File Explorer Crashes Mounting Synology NAS Windows 10 - IconCache Corrupt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing When Creating New Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing When Creating New Folders: DescriptionA problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: AppHangB1Application Name: explorer.exeApplication Version: 10.0.19041.4239Application Timestamp: 4202072eHang...
  6. Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing When Creating New Folders

Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing When Creating New Folders: DescriptionA problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: AppHangB1Application Name: explorer.exeApplication Version: 10.0.19041.4239Application Timestamp: 4202072eHang...
  7. Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing When Creating New Folders

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Desktop/windows explorer keeps crashing when right-clicking certain apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop/windows explorer keeps crashing when right-clicking certain apps: When I'm on my desktop, when I right-click certain apps, I can't click anything on the desktop after doing that. It only fixes on restart or restarting windows explorer in task manager. It doesn't even open the menu you get when you right-click. I can still open things in my...
  9. Desktop/windows explorer keeps crashing when right-clicking certain apps

Desktop/windows explorer keeps crashing when right-clicking certain apps: When I'm on my desktop, when I right-click certain apps, I can't click anything on the desktop after doing that. It only fixes on restart or restarting windows explorer in task manager. It doesn't even open the menu you get when you right-click. I can still open things in my...
  10. Control Panel/Explorer crashes when opening Get Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Control Panel/Explorer crashes when opening Get Programs: We have been gradually deploying Windows 11 within our environment and have run into an issue with the control panel. We deploy self service application installs via GPO with User Configuration > Policies > Software Settings > Software Installations. On Windows 10 it works...