Windows 10: Windows explorer Crashing since 22/072021

Discus and support Windows explorer Crashing since 22/072021 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I need help. I do have a surface studio and after the latest updates the screen is flickering blue and the mouse pointer is "thinking" Does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ManuelMonzo, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Windows explorer Crashing since 22/072021

Hello, I need help. I do have a surface studio and after the latest updates the screen is flickering blue and the mouse pointer is "thinking" Does not allow to perform any actions and slows down in the starting process.All this happen after i downloaded a pdf not a virus it was a scientific paper and after that I had do perform safeboot and clean the pc without the data however anytime i install adobe acrobat dc pro and select into settings as default pdf viewer and to see the thumbnails it just start doing it again. It already happened 3 times.

:)

ManuelMonzo, Jul 24, 2021
  2. Harvy Win User

Windows explorer crashing

Hi,

I am having the same problem as the OP in this thread.
    Windows Explorer crashes whenever I open my external HDD or thumb drive in explorer..

I have tried the fixes listed in the above thread and I am getting the same error message as 'ktadie' (post 16). I think this is because I am running Windows 7 Professional. Windows explorer crashes when I open my 'Films' folder on my brand new 2tb external HDD. I have about 300 .avi files in this folder and some of the .avi files are several years old.

In short I believe I need the same fix given by 'Wile E' (post 7) but updated for Windows 7 Professional.

Thanks in advance.

Harvy, Jul 24, 2021
  3. jsmin Win User
    Windows Explorer crashes and thumbnails problem

Hi, I hope you can help me.
    Windows Explorer is no longer showing thumbnails on files played by Windows Media Player. I've run cmd and regsvr32 shmedia.dll and regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. That seemed to solve the problem...but it created a different one. Now when I try to open a folder on an external hard drive it crashes. I read in an old 2008 post it was an avi file causing the problem and suggested the run cmd regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. That solved the opening problem but recreated the thumbnail problem. Any help to achieve both functions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jsmin, Jul 24, 2021
  4. peach1971 Win User

Windows explorer Crashing since 22/072021

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jul 24, 2021
Thema:

Windows explorer Crashing since 22/072021

1. Windows explorer Crashing since 22/072021 - Similar Threads - explorer Crashing since

2. Frequent File Explorer Crash since last update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Frequent File Explorer Crash since last update: Hi, I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing their File Explorer crashing since the latest Windows Update: KB5030211, KB5030180. I use Windows 10, but I see similar issues reported by Windows 11 users online. I've tried clearing the file explorer cache ( by deleting...
  3. Fifa 22 Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fifa 22 Crash: I have tried everything that I can think of drivers checked for updates and updated through intel support assistant, graphics drivers from GeForce Experience, Windows updated. Game reinstalled, verified validity of files, reinstalled steam but my game keeps crashing my PC...
  4. Fifa 22 Crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fifa 22 Crash: I have tried everything that I can think of drivers checked for updates and updated through intel support assistant, graphics drivers from GeForce Experience, Windows updated. Game reinstalled, verified validity of files, reinstalled steam but my game keeps crashing my PC...
  5. Performance issue since Feb 22 Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Performance issue since Feb 22 Windows 11 update: Hi - Hoping to get some help to resolve performance issues I have encountered when playing games since the windows updates installed in early Feb. Issue seems to be since ive had the KB5010414 update which I can no longer roll back.Prior to the update I could run games at a...
  6. Performance issue since Feb 22 Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Performance issue since Feb 22 Windows 11 update: Hi - Hoping to get some help to resolve performance issues I have encountered when playing games since the windows updates installed in early Feb. Issue seems to be since ive had the KB5010414 update which I can no longer roll back.Prior to the update I could run games at a...
  7. Explorer crashes for no known reason since 20H2 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer crashes for no known reason since 20H2 update: explorer seems to freeze randomly. Usually after leaving a browser window open for a few minutes without using it. Have tried a few fixes, but still crashing unpredictably. Mouse works fine and can go to another open tab if there is one and back to the first and this solves...
  8. Since 2004, explorer crashes on alt-tab

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Since 2004, explorer crashes on alt-tab: Hi, I have a problem now since updating to May 2004 Update, which is that the explorer frequently crashes when alt-tabbing between processes. I had this problem one or two years ago already and essentially fixed it by checking the option to run each window in its own process...
  9. Locked out of my laptop since 11/22

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked out of my laptop since 11/22: I woke up on Thanksgiving and opened my laptop and notice it was on 90% on an update. When it finished it rebooted and asked for a password. I have never use a password and only use a pin. Every time i would tey something or restart a green screen appears for up to 10...
  10. Since about 22 October outlook and explorer not functioning properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Since about 22 October outlook and explorer not functioning properly: Anything in terms of the insider build that could have triggered this? Explorer opens but can't see file info, titles etc, outlook is the same, I can read email but when I try to respond, the text disappears and any pop-up windows are missing text....