Windows 10: Windows Explorer crashing when transfering files.

Discus and support Windows Explorer crashing when transfering files. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Here's a strange one: when attempting to transfer files to or from any external source external drive, network drive, or across the web Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MAJ Fubar, Jan 10, 2021.

1. MAJ Fubar Win User

Windows Explorer crashing when transfering files.

Here's a strange one: when attempting to transfer files to or from any external source external drive, network drive, or across the web Windows Explorer crashes. I can execute programs and view files from said sources, just not transfer files in either direction.

System specs:

Lenovo IdeaPad 5

Windows 10 Home revision 1909

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4200 w/ 8Gb RAM

:)

MAJ Fubar, Jan 10, 2021
  2. Harvy Win User

Windows explorer crashing

Hi,

I am having the same problem as the OP in this thread.
    Windows Explorer crashes whenever I open my external HDD or thumb drive in explorer..

I have tried the fixes listed in the above thread and I am getting the same error message as 'ktadie' (post 16). I think this is because I am running Windows 7 Professional. Windows explorer crashes when I open my 'Films' folder on my brand new 2tb external HDD. I have about 300 .avi files in this folder and some of the .avi files are several years old.

In short I believe I need the same fix given by 'Wile E' (post 7) but updated for Windows 7 Professional.

Thanks in advance.

Harvy, Jan 10, 2021
  3. Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

thats wierd... iv never had a large file crash explorer before....

and i have files ranging upto 80GB...

slyfox2151, Jan 10, 2021
  4. Windows Explorer crashing when transfering files.

file explorer crashes

Effective Way to Solve the File Explorer Crashes Issue

You can try the following steps:

1. Tap down the Windows button first to activate the search bar.
    2. After that, in the search bar type control, and then click on the top-most search result, that is on Control Panel.
    3. Next, in the search bar type file.
    4. Now, from the search results click on File Explorer Options.
    5. Then, click on the Clean button.
    6. Lastly, click on Apply and then on OK.

References: https://www.****/knowledge/solved-windows-10-file-explorer-crash-easy-way/

JuanSmith2, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

Windows Explorer crashing when transfering files.

1. Windows Explorer crashing when transfering files. - Similar Threads - Explorer crashing transfering

2. Explorer Crashing when Interacting with Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer Crashing when Interacting with Files: Hello! I hope you are having a nice day.I was interacting with a .mp4 file, and decided to scan it with Malwarebytes.Due to this, explorer restarted due to some issue which I don't know why.This has happened twice and before I installed a .exe that was malware but didn't run...
  3. Explorer crashed while transferring files to another folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer crashed while transferring files to another folder: Explorer crashed while transferring files to another folderwindows 11Explorer.EXE 10.0.22000.120 e846e749 SHELL32.dll 10.0.22000.282 19082eb4 c0000005 0000000000003a35 1c80 01d7d3c3f8c47cd3 C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\SHELL32.dll...
  4. Explorer crashed while transferring files to another folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer crashed while transferring files to another folder: Explorer crashed while transferring files to another folderwindows 11Explorer.EXE 10.0.22000.120 e846e749 SHELL32.dll 10.0.22000.282 19082eb4 c0000005 0000000000003a35 1c80 01d7d3c3f8c47cd3 C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE C:\WINDOWS\System32\SHELL32.dll...
  5. windows explorer crashing when searching for files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows explorer crashing when searching for files: this started happening only a few days ago, and i havent been able to find out why at all, its very annoying because im trying to find files that i want to use and everytime i search for them windows explorer crashes halfway through the search, ive looked at several answers...
  6. File Explorer crashing when moving files

File Explorer crashing when moving files: File explorer keeps on crashing when I move files. I've tried the clean boot already, and it didn't work. This was the info I got about the problem: Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application...
  7. Explorer Crashing When transferring files.

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer Crashing When transferring files.: So I've been having a weird thing going on. I've searched the forum but can't find an answer to my problem. Whenever I move files from one folder to another explorer crashes and restarts. The file isn't moved. I did a clean install and it worked fine for a while before...
  8. My windows explorer keeps crashing while transferring files

My windows explorer keeps crashing while transferring files: I have an external hard drive with corrupt files as soon as i plugged into my new computer I'm not able to transfer files in my windows file explorer cant copy-paste or drag and drop. I used a file explorer alternative and it didn't have any issue....
  9. Windows Explorer crashes when I open File Explorer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Explorer crashes when I open File Explorer: So whenever I click File Explorer on the taskbar or in the start menu, Windows Explorer crashes and I need to go into task manager and restart it. But if I click a folder on my desktop it doesn't crash? 56915
  10. File Explorer crash when selecting files

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer crash when selecting files: Hi Guys, I have encountered this problem (in thread line) for the past 3-5 days and I have come no closer to any solution during that period of time. Basically, as soon as I left click or right click on a file in Windows Explorer it will crash. My Windows icon in the...