Windows 10: Windows Explorer Crashing

Discus and support Windows Explorer Crashing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After creating a new Microsoft PC accountlocal it sends me to a black screen with a cursor, nothing happens after waiting for a couple of minutes so I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JeremyEnjaynes, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Windows Explorer Crashing

After creating a new Microsoft PC accountlocal it sends me to a black screen with a cursor, nothing happens after waiting for a couple of minutes so I opened task manager by shortcut keys. I restarted windows explorer but nothing happens and it disappeared from the task manager so I tried running it back by typing "explorer" on the "create new task" window still nothing happens. Now the only option I have is to restart the device and so I did. Still, windows explorer would not want to start. However, windows explorer seems to work just fine on my main account. Is there a fix to this?

:)

JeremyEnjaynes, Mar 8, 2021
  2. Harvy Win User

Windows explorer crashing

Hi,

I am having the same problem as the OP in this thread.
    Windows Explorer crashes whenever I open my external HDD or thumb drive in explorer..

I have tried the fixes listed in the above thread and I am getting the same error message as 'ktadie' (post 16). I think this is because I am running Windows 7 Professional. Windows explorer crashes when I open my 'Films' folder on my brand new 2tb external HDD. I have about 300 .avi files in this folder and some of the .avi files are several years old.

In short I believe I need the same fix given by 'Wile E' (post 7) but updated for Windows 7 Professional.

Thanks in advance.

Harvy, Mar 8, 2021
  3. jsmin Win User
    Windows Explorer crashes and thumbnails problem

Hi, I hope you can help me.
    Windows Explorer is no longer showing thumbnails on files played by Windows Media Player. I've run cmd and regsvr32 shmedia.dll and regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. That seemed to solve the problem...but it created a different one. Now when I try to open a folder on an external hard drive it crashes. I read in an old 2008 post it was an avi file causing the problem and suggested the run cmd regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. That solved the opening problem but recreated the thumbnail problem. Any help to achieve both functions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jsmin, Mar 8, 2021
  4. peach1971 Win User

Windows Explorer Crashing

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

Windows Explorer Crashing

1. Windows Explorer Crashing - Similar Threads - Explorer Crashing

2. How to Fix Potentially Corrupted ACLs & Crashing File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Fix Potentially Corrupted ACLs & Crashing File Explorer?: I am having some issues with File Explorer. Ever since I uninstalled the Virtual Machine Platform, I cannot open any folder in File Explorer—it freezes, and then I have to either kill it with the "End Process" popup, or it resets explorer.exe on its own. I also get the...
  3. How to Fix Potentially Corrupted ACLs & Crashing File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Fix Potentially Corrupted ACLs & Crashing File Explorer?: I am having some issues with File Explorer. Ever since I uninstalled the Virtual Machine Platform, I cannot open any folder in File Explorer—it freezes, and then I have to either kill it with the "End Process" popup, or it resets explorer.exe on its own. I also get the...
  4. File explorer keeps crashing and i dont know how to fix it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer keeps crashing and i dont know how to fix it.: Please help? I constantly get this error when I navigate to details on pined folders and ocasionally get it when opening tabed folders. the Exploroe.exe crashes and restarts.Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.22621.3296, time stamp: 0x48d2cb32 Faulting...
  5. File explorer keeps crashing and i dont know how to fix it.

File explorer keeps crashing and i dont know how to fix it.: Please help? I constantly get this error when I navigate to details on pined folders and ocasionally get it when opening tabed folders. the Exploroe.exe crashes and restarts.Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.22621.3296, time stamp: 0x48d2cb32 Faulting...
  6. File explorer stops responding and crashes upon use everytime.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer stops responding and crashes upon use everytime.: I have Windows 11. The past few days I am unable to retrieve documents as I can't go through the File Explorer interface. I retrieve them when I open Publisher for example and the previously used files are listed there. I can't explore my hard drive because of this issue....
  7. File explorer stops responding and crashes upon use everytime.

File explorer stops responding and crashes upon use everytime.: I have Windows 11. The past few days I am unable to retrieve documents as I can't go through the File Explorer interface. I retrieve them when I open Publisher for example and the previously used files are listed there. I can't explore my hard drive because of this issue....
  8. Windows 11 I can only open 60-70 Windows Explorer windows before it crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 I can only open 60-70 Windows Explorer windows before it crashes: It's so frustrating and anti-productive to only open 60-70 Windows Explorer windows before it crashes and neither increasing the sizes of RAM and Virtual memory didn't help. And before another **** Windows appeaser responds with a stupid reply that isn't going anywhere, "Why...
  9. Windows 11 I can only open 60-70 Windows Explorer windows before it crashes

Windows 11 I can only open 60-70 Windows Explorer windows before it crashes: It's so frustrating and anti-productive to only open 60-70 Windows Explorer windows before it crashes and neither increasing the sizes of RAM and Virtual memory didn't help. And before another **** Windows appeaser responds with a stupid reply that isn't going anywhere, "Why...
  10. My windows explorer keep crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows explorer keep crashing: i buy new laptop at jan 12 2024, but since i use my laptop my windows explorer keep crashing restarti already go to service center and re-installing windows, but it still happenplease help meError code : Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE, version: 10.0.22621.3155, time...