Windows 10: Windows Explorer Default File Columns

Discus and support Windows Explorer Default File Columns in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Is there a way to change the default columns when viewing in Windows Explorer? Every time I create a new folder, especially for audio files, I have to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ActProf, Aug 8, 2019.

1. ActProf Win User

Windows Explorer Default File Columns

Is there a way to change the default columns when viewing in Windows Explorer? Every time I create a new folder, especially for audio files, I have to change the configuration of what info I want to see. And sometimes Windows doesn't SAVE that configuration? I have tried using the View|Options|Apply to folders, but it doesn't change in ALL folders. It always defaults back to "#", "Title", "Contributing Artists" and "Album." The columns I prefer I would like for ALL folders, no matter what the content is.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

Sharon

:)

ActProf, Aug 8, 2019

2. With the Windows File Explorer, is there any way of changing the default display window column widths?

With the Windows File Explorer, is there any way of changing the default display window column widths?

I have some files with very long names, and I always want to see the file extensions as well as the names. In the default Windows File Explorer, the first column listing the names of the files is too narrow for some of my file names with extensions. I
    can drag the right margin of the first column to the right and fix that, but the next time I open File Explorer, I have to do it again. I would like to set the column widths and have that be the default thereafter.

Lewis D. Eigen, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Ernie San Win User
    why won't column headings in File Explorer (Windows 10) stay the way I set them??

Hello,

To resolve the issue with column heading on File Explorer, we suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click on the View Tab.
    • Click Folder Options.

• Click Apply to all folders.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Windows Explorer Default File Columns

File Explorer Column Headings Keep Resetting

Hi,

To resolve the issue with File Explorer Column Headings, you may follow these steps below:

• Click on View Tab.

• Click
      Folder
      Options.

• Click
      Apply to all folders.

Keep us informed for further assistance.

Regards.

Joseph Ban, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows Explorer Default File Columns

1. Windows Explorer Default File Columns - Similar Threads - Explorer Default File

2. File Explorer Tags column

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Tags column: Hello How do I get PDF tags to show in the File Explorer Tags column? please see image below.Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-tags-column/20e8c79b-6499-4e5e-bf02-3247f28ab7c9
  3. File Explorer Ratings Column

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Ratings Column: 1. How do I unrate a file. There is no 0 star option?2. How to rate folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-ratings-column/d01892b5-44d6-4b09-840e-bcdac7dbe284
  4. Setting default columns size in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting default columns size in File Explorer: Since I have read this forum about so many people asking how to apply settings for a default column size in File Explorer, I thought I would answer it since no one here at Microsoft correctly identified it. Even though they did give you their best answer - it is rather quite...
  5. file explorer columns

file explorer columns: The problem is since update to version 1909 the bit rate is not showing in file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-columns/a243c5e2-ac14-4cae-b62e-895a75d97cae
  6. Customising default columns in File Explorer (Win 10)

Customising default columns in File Explorer (Win 10): I am doing a lot of work with umpteen folders and I would find it easier if I could customise the columns in File Explorer instead of having to reset them with each change of folder. So far all the methods I have read just don't work. Before I finally accept that this is no...
  7. Customize File Explorer Search Default Columns

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customize File Explorer Search Default Columns: Long time lurker, first post in this forum. First Let me say hello and thanks to Brink and other contributors for all the great tips and tricks, I've used a ton of them since sevenforums.com and now tenforums.com. Last year I moved from win7 to win 10 with a new laptop and...
  8. Win 10 file explorer: set column titles default

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 file explorer: set column titles default: You can set many columns in file explorer - details by right clicking on any column title and selecting one or more titles. I've added "file extension" and "attribute" to one window. This will allow sorting by the column title. I cannot find a way to save this setup as a...
  9. File Explorer Column Headings

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Column Headings: Hello, Each time I make a new folder to store there some media files such as music or video, imediantly the column headings (automaticaly) are (except the name), as follows: # , Title, Contributing Artists, Album. So I have to click on each heading to change it (except...
  10. Changing default Date column in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing default Date column in File Explorer: One change I dislike in Win 10 is the 'Date' column. This seems to be the same as Date Created, which I rarely want to see. By far the most useful date for me is Date Modified, which was the standard in XP. How do I set that as the column that will always appear in all...