Windows 10: windows explorer (?) display (?) problem

Discus and support windows explorer (?) display (?) problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Every morning when I return to my computer, the screen is filled with a semi-transparent window/image/? that has (1) a blue annulus in the middle and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FLHillbilly, May 9, 2019.

1. windows explorer (?) display (?) problem

Every morning when I return to my computer, the screen is filled with a semi-transparent window/image/? that has (1) a blue annulus in the middle and (2) an "X" in its upper right corner. This image covers the entire screen, including the task bar and windows icon. If I try to invoke the task manager (Alt-Ctrl-Del), the selection menu comes up and I can select the task manager. However, it appears behind the covering image and no longer is accessible to me. If I check the "X" in the upper right corner, the image disappears and the machine seems to continue normally. I have noted, however, that when I load the task manager, one of the apps listed is Windows Explorer. When I kill the image, the Windows Explorer entry in Task Manager / Apps disappears.

What is going on and how do I kill this behavior.

Thanks

:)

FLHillbilly, May 9, 2019

2. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, May 9, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 9, 2019
  4. jsmin Win User

windows explorer (?) display (?) problem

Windows Explorer crashes and thumbnails problem

Hi, I hope you can help me.
    Windows Explorer is no longer showing thumbnails on files played by Windows Media Player. I've run cmd and regsvr32 shmedia.dll and regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. That seemed to solve the problem...but it created a different one. Now when I try to open a folder on an external hard drive it crashes. I read in an old 2008 post it was an avi file causing the problem and suggested the run cmd regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. That solved the opening problem but recreated the thumbnail problem. Any help to achieve both functions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jsmin, May 9, 2019
Thema:

windows explorer (?) display (?) problem

1. windows explorer (?) display (?) problem - Similar Threads - explorer display problem

2. windows explorer crashing and photos display in explorer problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows explorer crashing and photos display in explorer problems: I have been having issues with windows explorer. There are mainly two issues that could be related.1. The windows explorer crashes intermittently not always. All explorer windows close and processes stop. 2. I work with photos a lot. In the explorer if I have hundreds of...
  3. windows explorer crashing and photos display in explorer problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows explorer crashing and photos display in explorer problems: I have been having issues with windows explorer. There are mainly two issues that could be related.1. The windows explorer crashes intermittently not always. All explorer windows close and processes stop. 2. I work with photos a lot. In the explorer if I have hundreds of...
  4. Windows Display Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Display Problem: I bought a Dell Display from the official website P2219H. I plug it in to my computer and it is reading as an Asus monitor. I went to check in the DELL devices and drivers website and the monitor was ok. How do I fix this?...
  5. Windows Display Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Display Problem: Lately, there's this white line on the very bottom of my screen. Sometimes it happens. This doesn't usually happen. But I used my antivirus just in case if there was a virus. Then my antivirus says nothing is a threat. So ignore them for three weeks. But now today my display...
  6. Thumbnails in Windows Explorer are Not Displayed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thumbnails in Windows Explorer are Not Displayed: I've tried every solution described in this article, but I can't get Windows 10 Edu. 1909 64 bit to display thumbnails in Windows Explorer. "Always show icons, never thumbnails" in Windows Explorer is deactivated. Any help would be appreciated. submitted by /u/-Skybird-...
  7. Windows Explorer not displaying correctly.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Explorer not displaying correctly.: [IMG]I found this article of someone with the same issue but their steps were inconclusive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-not-displaying-correctly/212c2c36-106d-4e8a-b0f2-cb7988de15ef
  8. Display of files displayed in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Display of files displayed in Windows Explorer: I am running Win10 Pro on a Surface Pro and I want to NOT have the Widows Explorer sub-total my files by date. Unfortunately I can't find anything anywhere that tells me how to accomplish that. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks for your help....
  9. Photos not displaying in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos not displaying in Windows Explorer: I have Windows 10. I'm wondering what setting I must have changed, because in Windows Explorer, I have icons instead of photos. I can't find where to change it back!...
  10. Windows display problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows display problems: Windows 8.1 post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-performance/windows-wont-boot-up-after-reset/8f14e82b-81d0-4544-853e-bfcfb9fc92ee I have flashed the BIOS from insyde f.15 to f.28 using the BIOS on the hp website for this model and the screen...