Windows 10: Windows Explorer displays Wav metadata with wrong encoding

Discus and support Windows Explorer displays Wav metadata with wrong encoding in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have a wav file with metadata of Japanese characters encoded in UTF8. However, Windows Explorer doesn't display it correctly [ATTACH] But in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SanjoZepol1, May 15, 2019.

1. Windows Explorer displays Wav metadata with wrong encoding

Hi,

I have a wav file with metadata of Japanese characters encoded in UTF8. However, Windows Explorer doesn't display it correctly

Windows Explorer displays Wav metadata with wrong encoding f38948ff-ff45-452a-afc1-d209497db800?upload=true.png

But in other Tag editors (e.g. Switch by NCH), it can be displayed properly

Windows Explorer displays Wav metadata with wrong encoding 0e8d9e42-5e2b-487e-ae71-cd6ed0e21077?upload=true.png

My wav file has a CSET chunk (a standard in RIFF specs) which indicates the encoding needed for the metadata but apparently Windows Explorer doesn't read it. Can anyone suggest how can I adjust my file for Windows Explorer to read it properly?

Thanks

:)

SanjoZepol1, May 15, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Wav files not showing metadata in windows explorer

Hi オルソン

I am sorry, Windows does not support tags on Wav files by default, while there are utilities that can add metadata to wav files, File Explorer will not display those . . .

DaveM121, May 15, 2019
  3. meloneum Win User
    Can't see music metadata in Windows Explorer

I can't see the music metadata on Windows Explorer. I was trying to solve the problem using intructions from here. It doesn't work.

After installing Windows and drivers I have instlled K-Lite Mega Codec Pack and VLC. Normally, after installing those programs and rebooting of the system metadata was appearing in Explorer. I do not know what went wrong...

OS: Windows 10 Pro N 64 - may it be caused by the "N" version? I bought european version without WMP. WMP can be necessary to viev metadata?

meloneum, May 15, 2019
  4. Windows Explorer displays Wav metadata with wrong encoding

Windows Explorer Metadata Changes

Using Windows Explorer I can make mass changes to certain but not all Metadata fields on photo files. I want to update the Copyright Metadata field and can add it to the fields Explorer displays; however, it does not show up in the right change pane. Is
    there a way of doing changes to this field for a batch of photo files other than writing a Script program?

munciepots, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows Explorer displays Wav metadata with wrong encoding

1. Windows Explorer displays Wav metadata with wrong encoding - Similar Threads - Explorer displays Wav

2. Error Playing Specific FLAC Encoded .wav Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Playing Specific FLAC Encoded .wav Files: Hi there, I'm having an issue playing some wav files. These files play fine in VLC Media Player but not in Windows Media Player, and Soundpad freezes indefinitely when trying to play them until I force it to close. If I may confess a sin, it is likely due to the codec I am...
  3. Error Playing Specific FLAC Encoded .wav Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Playing Specific FLAC Encoded .wav Files: Hi there, I'm having an issue playing some wav files. These files play fine in VLC Media Player but not in Windows Media Player, and Soundpad freezes indefinitely when trying to play them until I force it to close. If I may confess a sin, it is likely due to the codec I am...
  4. iTunes and File Explorer metadata

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iTunes and File Explorer metadata: Hello,I have this habit of organizing my music in iTunes and editing its Song Info. Before, if I edit anything on the Song Info, it would automatically change the metadata in the File explorer. So I was able to edit my songs both in iTunes and File Explorer in one go. Now, it...
  5. iTunes and File Explorer metadata

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iTunes and File Explorer metadata: Hello,I have this habit of organizing my music in iTunes and editing its Song Info. Before, if I edit anything on the Song Info, it would automatically change the metadata in the File explorer. So I was able to edit my songs both in iTunes and File Explorer in one go. Now, it...
  6. "dir" output file list encoding is wrong

in Windows 10 Support
    "dir" output file list encoding is wrong: I inherited some 20,000 .jpg files which wound their way from a French language version Windows 10 to Picasa, and then downloaded several times into different folders which created several copies of the same images. (A total of 196 sub folders, but the contents and folder...
  7. Is there anyway to delete the metadata of 100+ wav files?

Is there anyway to delete the metadata of 100+ wav files?: Im trying to delete the metadata of a ton of wav files in lots of folders, Is there a faster way to do this than right clicking and going to properties? I think I need a batch converter but I can't find one that does what I need it to do....
  8. Window 10 File Explorer cannot properly display the metadata for FLAC files

Window 10 File Explorer cannot properly display the metadata for FLAC files: Window 10 File Explorer seems not able to display the metadata (e.g., Title, Contributing Artist, Album Artist, Album, etc.) of some FLAC files, the contents get truncated, blanked out, or replaced with other funny character. I can see the problematic metadata are populated...
  9. Wav files not showing metadata in windows explorer

Wav files not showing metadata in windows explorer: So i have ID3 tagged the wav file with mp3tag but windows doesn't want to show "title" & "album" names as it does for the mp3 file with the same tag data on it. is it possible to get it working for .wav files too since it also doesn't want to show the album artwork too?...
  10. Windows Explorer does not correctly display music metadata.

Windows Explorer does not correctly display music metadata.: [ATTACH] If music metadata is too long(more than 26 bytes), Windows Explorer cuts it to 26 bytes and displays it. [ATTACH] foobar2000 displays correctly. Can I fix this? or is this a bug? All music files are in FLAC format....