Windows 10: Windows Explorer does not correctly display music metadata.

Discus and support Windows Explorer does not correctly display music metadata. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] If music metadata is too long(more than 26 bytes), Windows Explorer cuts it to 26 bytes and displays it. [ATTACH] foobar2000 displays... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Senior9324, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Windows Explorer does not correctly display music metadata.

Windows Explorer does not correctly display music metadata. a3bf1704-bef1-4287-bf25-4e0872c9160f?upload=true.png

If music metadata is too long(more than 26 bytes), Windows Explorer cuts it to 26 bytes and displays it.

Windows Explorer does not correctly display music metadata. f82a80bd-f5fa-4c3c-8a00-843cef492cdd?upload=true.png

foobar2000 displays correctly.

Can I fix this? or is this a bug?

All music files are in FLAC format.

:)

Senior9324, Dec 28, 2018
  2. meloneum Win User

Can't see music metadata in Windows Explorer

I can't see the music metadata on Windows Explorer. I was trying to solve the problem using intructions from here. It doesn't work.

After installing Windows and drivers I have instlled K-Lite Mega Codec Pack and VLC. Normally, after installing those programs and rebooting of the system metadata was appearing in Explorer. I do not know what went wrong...

OS: Windows 10 Pro N 64 - may it be caused by the "N" version? I bought european version without WMP. WMP can be necessary to viev metadata?

meloneum, Dec 28, 2018
  3. 1Kurgan1 Win User
    Music Metadata grabber

Been working on sorting movies/tv shows/music and looking for something thats free and grabs metadata for my music files. I could do it all manually, but having something that helps would be nice. Anyone got a suggestion?

1Kurgan1, Dec 28, 2018
  4. Windows Explorer does not correctly display music metadata.

Groove Music metadata

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We would suggest you to follow methods mentioned below to edit metadata in Groove music app.

Method 1: Edit metadata using Groove.

1. Open Groove and click on
      My Music.
    2. Under My Music, use the filter menu and select
      only on this device.
    3. Right click the album with the tracks and select
      Edit info.
    4. In the Edit Album Info, you can edit the metadata information.
    5. You can even click on
      pencil
      button to update album thumbnail image.
    6. By turning on the switch under
      Show advanced options, you can change song soft title.
    7. Click on Save.

Method 2: Edit metadata using File explorer.

1. Open File Explorer and browse to the location of the songs.
    2. Right click on music file and select
      Properties.
    3. Go to Details tab and click the
      Value field next to the Property.
    4. You can edit the metadata accordingly.
    5. Then click on Apply >
      OK.

Hope it helps.

If you find the answer useful, kindly tick your response.

Manjunath_H, Dec 28, 2018
Thema:

Windows Explorer does not correctly display music metadata.

1. Windows Explorer does not correctly display music metadata. - Similar Threads - Explorer does correctly

2. App to better edit music metadata

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    App to better edit music metadata: I am trying to look for an app to better edit my music. Groove isn't exactly cutting it, so I was hoping someone here could help me find something. I am looking for a music metadata editor that is in-depth enough to let you change the artwork per song. For an example, the...
  3. Groove Music Artist Metadata

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Groove Music Artist Metadata: I'm trying to fix the artist metadata on Groove Music (i.e. Profile Picture and Description), but I can't find the folder on where it's at. Can somebody help? Build number: 18362.1139 167132
  4. Groove Music Artist Metadata

in Windows 10 Support
    Groove Music Artist Metadata: I'm trying to fix the artist metadata on Groove Music (i.e. Profile Picture and Description), but I can't find the folder on where it's at. Can somebody help? Build number: 18362.1139 167132
  5. Metadata in music folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Metadata in music folder: Prior update to version 2004 OS build 19041.264 the metadata was showing track nr, artist, contributing artist etc. The data is still in the file, but not shown any more. I looked in the release notes and could not find, that they are stopping displaying columns in...
  6. Windows Explorer not displaying correctly.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Explorer not displaying correctly.: [IMG]I found this article of someone with the same issue but their steps were inconclusive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-not-displaying-correctly/212c2c36-106d-4e8a-b0f2-cb7988de15ef
  7. Windows Explorer displays Wav metadata with wrong encoding

Windows Explorer displays Wav metadata with wrong encoding: Hi, I have a wav file with metadata of Japanese characters encoded in UTF8. However, Windows Explorer doesn't display it correctly [ATTACH] But in other Tag editors (e.g. Switch by NCH), it can be displayed properly [ATTACH] My wav file has a CSET chunk (a standard in...
  8. How to delete music album metadata

How to delete music album metadata: I want to delete Groove music album metadata. My Mac OS 9 cannot read that album because of these metadata. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-music-album-metadata/7d62b5d8-33fd-432b-92fc-396a16368e74"
  9. Groove Music metadata

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Groove Music metadata: How to delete album metadata that applied by Groove Music. Because I have a Coldplay album song and my emulated Mac OS 9 cannot read that album because the album metadata that applied to my song....
  10. Groove Music Ignores Tagging & Metadata

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Groove Music Ignores Tagging & Metadata: Hello, Windows 10's Groove Music app ignores every modification I make to albums downloaded from the Microsoft Store. Whether it's song/album titles or cover art, Groove continues to display the music as it was before my changes, while other media players have no problems...