Windows 10: Windows Explorer does not show the preview of the word, excel or PDF files in Windows 10

Discus and support Windows Explorer does not show the preview of the word, excel or PDF files in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows Explorer does not show the preview of the word, excel or PDF files in Windows 10 but it shows other formats like JPEG or MPEG files, font... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sachinv12, Mar 5, 2019.

1. sachinv12 Win User

Windows Explorer does not show the preview of the word, excel or PDF files in Windows 10

Windows Explorer does not show the preview of the word, excel or PDF files in Windows 10 but it shows other formats like JPEG or MPEG files, font files, text files etc.
    It gives the following error:
    Microsoft word 15.0
    Sorry, something went wrong and word was unable to start.
    (24)

:)

sachinv12, Mar 5, 2019

2. Windows Explorer crashes when trying to preview Word (.docx) files

Here goes:

• I open Windows Explorer
    • The preview button is engaged
    • I preview all types of files no problem including Office 365 Excel, Adobe .pdf, Word 97-2003 .DOC, jpg, gif, tif, etc.
    • I try to preview Word .docx files and Windows Explorer freezes. Have to go into task manager and restart.
    I hope someone knows how to fix this. It's a very useful feature, but frustrating if you can't use it. Thanks!

timbovt365, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Windows Explorer does not show the preview of the word, excel or PDF files in Windows 10

PDF Previews Not Showing In Windows 10 File Explorer

I wanted my Window 10 File Explorer to display .pdf file previews like my Windows 7 so I started researching and came up with several different solutions, none of which worked for me.

Prime among the solutions was Option 1:

1. Open file explorer

2. Click view on the top of the file explorer.

3. Select preview pane option and see if it helps.

And Option 2:

• Open the reader,
    • Go to Edit
    • Then Preferences
    • Go to General Tab
    • And check "enable PDF thumbnail previews"

Even after using Option 2, it still didn’t work but then after going to Help > Repair Installation in Acrobat Reader DC it works just fine.

Bruce46Whitney, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

Windows Explorer does not show the preview of the word, excel or PDF files in Windows 10

1. Windows Explorer does not show the preview of the word, excel or PDF files in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Explorer does show

2. My preview pane does not show previews of jpegs or pdf's. It does show previews of excel...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My preview pane does not show previews of jpegs or pdf's. It does show previews of excel...: My preview pane does not show previews of jpegs or pdf's. It does show previews of excel and word. I have tried many different methods and none have fixed this problem. I've tried the following:show preview pane under viewshow preview handlers under folder optionsalways show...
  3. My preview pane does not show previews of jpegs or pdf's. It does show previews of excel...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My preview pane does not show previews of jpegs or pdf's. It does show previews of excel...: My preview pane does not show previews of jpegs or pdf's. It does show previews of excel and word. I have tried many different methods and none have fixed this problem. I've tried the following:show preview pane under viewshow preview handlers under folder optionsalways show...
  4. windows explorer pdf files are not previewing. Word, excel, and image files are.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows explorer pdf files are not previewing. Word, excel, and image files are.: In windows explorer my pdf files do not preview. Other files like word, excel, jpg do. Is there a solution for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-pdf-files-are-not-previewing-word/28c79efd-ad67-487a-8741-58dc6542c31b
  5. windows explorer pdf files are not previewing. Word, excel, and image files are.

windows explorer pdf files are not previewing. Word, excel, and image files are.: In windows explorer my pdf files do not preview. Other files like word, excel, jpg do. Is there a solution for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-pdf-files-are-not-previewing-word/28c79efd-ad67-487a-8741-58dc6542c31b
  6. PDF Previews Not Showing In Windows 10 File Explorer - solved!

PDF Previews Not Showing In Windows 10 File Explorer - solved!: For a few months, the file previews of .pdf files in Windows 10 file explorer have been displayed as the parent directory folder tree, instead of the actual document I had saved as .pdf and it has been driving me absolutely mad! I have tried selecting different apps with...
  7. PDF Previews Not Showing In Windows 10 File Explorer - solved!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PDF Previews Not Showing In Windows 10 File Explorer - solved!: For a few months, the file previews of .pdf files in Windows 10 file explorer have been displayed as the parent directory folder tree, instead of the actual document I had saved as .pdf and it has been driving me absolutely mad! I have tried selecting different apps with...
  8. PDF Previews Not Showing In Windows 10 File Explorer - solved!

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Can not preview word or excel in windows explore.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can not preview word or excel in windows explore.: error message is "Word could not create the work file. Check the temp environment variable." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-not-preview-word-or-excel-in-windows-explore/793421f0-5e5b-4300-9456-bb8b43609e45
  10. File explorer in windows 10 does not preview pdf documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer in windows 10 does not preview pdf documents: My name is Gad Felden. My file explorer in windows 10 does not preview pdf documents.It should be noted that he did in the past. Could it be because of the latest windows updates?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. word preview is not showing in windows 10

2. explorer not showing all Excel previews

3. explored does not show words

4. docx files not showing in preview pane,
  5. windows explorer preview pane word document one drive www.windowsphoneinfo.com,
  6. word and excel files are not previewing in windows explorer,
  7. windows explorer does not show pdf