Windows 10: Windows Explorer doesn't save the viewing-details

Discus and support Windows Explorer doesn't save the viewing-details in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In Windows 10, my Windows Explorer (File Manger) doesn't save the view details from one folder (directory) to another. When I select the details I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Steve Keller, May 21, 2019.

1. Windows Explorer doesn't save the viewing-details

In Windows 10, my Windows Explorer (File Manger) doesn't save the view details from one folder (directory) to another. When I select the details I want to show, such as Name, Date modified, Attributes, Size, etc., those settings aren't save when I go to a different folder. Even if the newly opened folder is under the first one, or on the same drive, those details aren't saved. Is it possible to save those details for all folders? Thanks.

:)

Steve Keller, May 21, 2019

2. Set "Open" and "Save As" windows view to "List" instead of "Details"?

Is it possible to change "Open" and "Save As" windows view to "List" instead of "Details" globally without having to set List view in File Explorer? I would like to use Details view in File Explorer and List view for "Open" and "Save As" windows.

Can this be done via the Registry?

lolnothankyou, May 21, 2019
  3. setting default view for Winodws Explorer Search Reasults

Thank you for the detailed response. To change the search result's view from content to list, we suggest following the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer and try to search for files.
    • In the toolbar, open the View tab and click List
      to change the view.
    • Once changed, close the File Explorer.
    • Open the File Explorer again and try to search to see if the setting has been retained.

After performing the steps above, reply back to us so we can provide additional help.

Jennifer Cha, May 21, 2019
  4. Graeme.P Win User

Windows Explorer doesn't save the viewing-details

GPS data in Explorer details view

Hi Yann, I'm Graeme, an independent adviser here to help.

You can view a much more comprehensive list of columns to include in the Details view of File Explorer, and choose which columns you'd like to see when browsing your files. Here are the steps to do this:

- Open File Explorer to a folder and view it in Details view.

- Right-click the column header to bring up the list of available column types to view.

- Click on More...

Here you'll see many options to choose from to make available, including some location information. You can check the ones you'd like to use, then click OK and it should show up as selectable when you right-click the column headers.

Hopefully this helps! Please let me know if you need further support. Thanks!

Graeme.P, May 21, 2019
Thema:

Windows Explorer doesn't save the viewing-details

1. Windows Explorer doesn't save the viewing-details - Similar Threads - Explorer doesn't save

2. Detailed view in explorer - presets

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Detailed view in explorer - presets: Is there a way to always have the same chosen details displayed in detailed view for Windows 10?I'd like for, instead of the default - #, title, contributing artists, album - to have date created, type, size, length or anything else....
  3. Detailed view in explorer - presets

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Detailed view in explorer - presets: Is there a way to always have the same chosen details displayed in detailed view for Windows 10?I'd like for, instead of the default - #, title, contributing artists, album - to have date created, type, size, length or anything else....
  4. Detailed view in explorer - presets

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Save Windows Explorer View permanently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Save Windows Explorer View permanently: Hi all,Is there an option to prohibit Windows deciding what kind of View in the Windows Explorer should be activated? Believe there is an engine which decides everytime, due to the content in a specific folder, if the View should be optimized for Pictures, Dokuments, General,...
  6. Save Windows Explorer View permanently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Save Windows Explorer View permanently: Hi all,Is there an option to prohibit Windows deciding what kind of View in the Windows Explorer should be activated? Believe there is an engine which decides everytime, due to the content in a specific folder, if the View should be optimized for Pictures, Dokuments, General,...
  7. Enlarge Details View in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enlarge Details View in File Explorer: Hi! I've been searching for a solution to enlarge the details view in File Explorer for years, also other people have asked on the web for a solution to this but no answer so far, so I ask it here too: do you know any solution to make the text and icons of the files and...
  8. Windows 10 file explorer details view is bigger

Windows 10 file explorer details view is bigger: Hello everyone I updated to Windows 10 2004 from 1909 and noticed that the details view in the file explorer looks different and more spaced out that it did before. I want to ask: how can I make this more compact? For reference: this is what I am hoping to achive in terms...
  9. Windows 10 File Explorer details view

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 File Explorer details view: I want Windows 10 File Explorer to always show detail view, without regard to the file types. I want the default view, for any and all drives (local, thumb drives, USB drives, DVDs, etc), to be detail view. No matter what type file, the view should always be details, even...
  10. GPS data in Explorer details view

GPS data in Explorer details view: Can anyone explain me why in the details view of Explorer it is not possible to find a heading for a new column related to GPS info. It is indeed available in the Properties Tab but it is cumbersome to open it every time for each photo to check. If it was listed in such a...