Windows 10: Windows explorer doesn't show *.ogg files metadata in Windows 10

Discus and support Windows explorer doesn't show *.ogg files metadata in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've ripped many of my CDs to OGG (Vorbis) files, and the proper metadata are included with them. But in Windows explorer, when I look at detailed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BreezeStyle, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Windows explorer doesn't show *.ogg files metadata in Windows 10

I've ripped many of my CDs to OGG (Vorbis) files, and the proper metadata are included with them.

But in Windows explorer, when I look at detailed list of files, the album/artist/year etc info don't show, fields are all empty. When right-clicking on files and selecting 'properties', it shows the bitrate, audio rate, duration and that's all. The rest details (Artist, title, year etc) that will appear in *.mp3 or *.flac files won't appear.

In case Win10 are not supporting this function, is there a 3rd party app to do this?

I've being advised to test dBpoweramp software, but it won't work.

I'm running Win 10 Pro (v.2004 build 19041.746).

:)

BreezeStyle, Jan 22, 2021
  2. meloneum Win User

Can't see music metadata in Windows Explorer

I can't see the music metadata on Windows Explorer. I was trying to solve the problem using intructions from here. It doesn't work.

After installing Windows and drivers I have instlled K-Lite Mega Codec Pack and VLC. Normally, after installing those programs and rebooting of the system metadata was appearing in Explorer. I do not know what went wrong...

OS: Windows 10 Pro N 64 - may it be caused by the "N" version? I bought european version without WMP. WMP can be necessary to viev metadata?

meloneum, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 22, 2021
  4. BetoLP Win User

Windows explorer doesn't show *.ogg files metadata in Windows 10

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Windows explorer doesn't show *.ogg files metadata in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Windows explorer doesn't show *.ogg files metadata in Windows 10

1. Windows explorer doesn't show *.ogg files metadata in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - explorer doesn't show

2. iTunes and File Explorer metadata

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iTunes and File Explorer metadata: Hello,I have this habit of organizing my music in iTunes and editing its Song Info. Before, if I edit anything on the Song Info, it would automatically change the metadata in the File explorer. So I was able to edit my songs both in iTunes and File Explorer in one go. Now, it...
  3. iTunes and File Explorer metadata

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iTunes and File Explorer metadata: Hello,I have this habit of organizing my music in iTunes and editing its Song Info. Before, if I edit anything on the Song Info, it would automatically change the metadata in the File explorer. So I was able to edit my songs both in iTunes and File Explorer in one go. Now, it...
  4. Metadata not showing on File Explorer

Metadata not showing on File Explorer: Hello, metadata file propriety details are not showing on File Explorer. I have tried CHKDSK, SFCSCANONN and still nothing. I work with videos and I often need to check their lenght, width and height. Someone can help me?Thank you...
  5. File Explorer is slow showing properties for .ogg type files.

File Explorer is slow showing properties for .ogg type files.: When I attempt to right click on a .ogg file to view the properties, File Explorer freezes for over a minute before finally completing the action. This problem only appears with .ogg type files, and all other files work fine. System Specifications: Edition - Windows 10...
  6. Windows File Explorer hangs when working with .ogg files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows File Explorer hangs when working with .ogg files: Hey guys; I am at my wit's end tonight after spending nearly the entire day troubleshooting this issue. First, I am running Windows 10 Pro ver 2004 The problem is that when I open a folder containing .ogg music files, the folder will open, and immediately all of the files...
  7. Explorer won't show metadata from FLAC files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer won't show metadata from FLAC files: [ATTACH] The title sums it pretty much. I include an image for clarification. Is it possible to fix it? How? Note how MP3 work perfectly submitted by /u/thmasker [link] [comments]...
  8. ogg file

ogg file: I can't delete ogg file which is a tranferred file from my phone to my pc. The name of the file is hangouts_message and hangouts_incoming_call. I would love your generous response : God Bless...
  9. Wav files not showing metadata in windows explorer

Wav files not showing metadata in windows explorer: So i have ID3 tagged the wav file with mp3tag but windows doesn't want to show "title" & "album" names as it does for the mp3 file with the same tag data on it. is it possible to get it working for .wav files too since it also doesn't want to show the album artwork too?...
  10. File Explorer fails to show metadata?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer fails to show metadata?: I have recently updated my desktop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. For some reason, File explorer seems unable to show metadata. For example, here is what File Explorer shows for one example powerpoint file: [img] I created this file on this same desktop before the...