Windows 10: Windows Explorer eating my CPU

Discus and support Windows Explorer eating my CPU in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Just recently installed updates after having taken my computer apart to clean the liquid cooling. It was apart for weeks so when I started it, I first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ZigeenVox, Aug 28, 2019.

1. ZigeenVox Win User

Windows Explorer eating my CPU

Just recently installed updates after having taken my computer apart to clean the liquid cooling. It was apart for weeks so when I started it, I first assumed that the cooling was bad and throttling. This is not the case. Instead, windows explorer keeps jumping to the CPU usage top. This is making my computer basically unusable for gaming. I have seen a couple of online solutions that recommend checking for corrupted icons or user profile. There are no icons on my desktop and I have had no problems loading anything along with my log in. I have run CCleaner.

:)

ZigeenVox, Aug 28, 2019

2. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Aug 28, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 28, 2019
  4. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows Explorer eating my CPU wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

Thema:

1. Windows Explorer eating my CPU - Similar Threads - Explorer eating CPU

2. sihost.exe eating much CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sihost.exe eating much CPU: Hello! I'm facing the following problem: sihost.exe eats some CPU.Note: This process mentioned above is a real Windows process.I have Windows 10 21H2 Build 19044.1766Are you also facing this issue? Please help me.I want a solution without formatting the entire OS.I just...
  3. sihost.exe eating much CPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sihost.exe eating much CPU: Hello! I'm facing the following problem: sihost.exe eats some CPU.Note: This process mentioned above is a real Windows process.I have Windows 10 21H2 Build 19044.1766Are you also facing this issue? Please help me.I want a solution without formatting the entire OS....
  4. sihost.exe eating much CPU

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sihost.exe eating much CPU: Hello! I'm facing the following problem: sihost.exe eats some CPU.Note: This process mentioned above is a real Windows process.I have Windows 10 21H2 Build 19044.1766Are you also facing this issue? Please help me.I want a solution without formatting the entire OS....
  5. Windows Explorer eating my ram

Windows Explorer eating my ram: I need help my windows explorer is eating a lot of ram. I see on task manager 2 windows Explorer process is running and one of them is eating my ram. it slows down my pc and its annoying me. I tried ending the process... it didn't work. I tried running sfc /scannow command...
  6. Nahmic eating my cpu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Nahmic eating my cpu: Nahmic is eating 60% of my cpu, know how to fix it? submitted by /u/User21233121 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j8od04/nahmic_eating_my_cpu/
  7. muiltiple instance of explorer running that eats up CPU and Memory

muiltiple instance of explorer running that eats up CPU and Memory: This is pretty easy to duplicate I am an admin on my machine UAC is off I have Notepad++ open in admin mode (this happens in any program in admin mode) Clicking on open containing folder in explorer creates another instance of explorer.exe and a directory window Any...
  8. Defender Eating my CPU

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Eating my CPU: Not sure if this is normal or not hadn't noticed this in the past but every time it does an auto scan or full scan it goes full load. I seen the temps go up on the CPU not in dangerous zones but mind you high enough to think its a tad crazy. Temps were at about 70c's plus...
  9. Play games eats all my CPU!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Play games eats all my CPU!: Whenever I play a game in Windows 10 all of my available CPU is used by them (and the game stutters awfully making it unplayable). I have tested this with a variety of games, and all of them are ones which in no way should take this much cpu usage. I did not have this...
  10. explore.exe eating my CPU

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    explore.exe eating my CPU: Ok so my CPU is being eaten by explore.exe from like 35% to 70% Is there any fix? 11530