Windows 10: Windows explorer.exe keeps crashing after startup and causes screen to flash.

Discus and support Windows explorer.exe keeps crashing after startup and causes screen to flash. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Yesterday I got a pop up saying something about a memory issue and explorer.exe not working. After trying many unsuccessful attempts at fixing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by francisgodinho1, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Windows explorer.exe keeps crashing after startup and causes screen to flash.

Yesterday I got a pop up saying something about a memory issue and explorer.exe not working. After trying many unsuccessful attempts at fixing the issue I just moved the pop up to the side and started the work I had to complete. Today however, when i started my computer and logged on, the screen seemed normal for a few seconds, but then started flashing between my desktop background and a black screen, and everytime I restart my computer, the same thing happens. I already tried doing a memory diagnostic, and a SFC scan. I am able to boot into safe mode and I disabled all the third party start up items, but still no luck. I even tried to disconnect/ reconnect the ram and hdd. No major changes have been made recently and my computer was running perfectly fine before.

:)

francisgodinho1, Oct 14, 2018

2. My desktop screen keeps flashing/blinking after I updated to windows 10

Hi,

If the screen keeps flickering or blinking after signing in, then I would suggest you to try these steps and check:

To start, press this key combination: CTRL+SHIFT+ESC

If this opens Task Manager and that window is NOT flickering:

The likely cause is Software Compatibility issue causing Explorer.exe to crash repeatedly.

• Use the File, Run option in Task Manager to open additional tools as-needed. Be sure to check the box to run tools as Administrator. These could include:

appwiz.cpl: Opens Programs and Features

compmgmt.msc: Opens Computer Management

cmd.exe
    • You can search for crash events in the Event Logs and find if any third party DLLs are the faulting module in the Explorer,.exe crashes Or uninstall software that is likely to include shell extensions.
    • If removing software does not resolve the issue, use these commands to repair Windows:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow
    We have reports that removing these apps help resolve the issue:

• Norton Antivirus
    • Other AV solutions
    • iCloud
    • IDT Audio (faulting module IDTNC64.cpl)
    If Task Manager is flickering, or it didn’t open, proceed with display driver troubleshooting:

The likely cause is a display driver or display hardware issue.

• Boot to Safe Mode with Networking.
    • If dual chipset, disable built-in graphics, if still flickers, try with only the other chipset enabled.
    • If this does not work, or there is only a single chipset, uninstall the device and remove the driver software.
    [*]Then boot into Windows and update the drivers to the latest from the manufacturer.

Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Oct 14, 2018
  3. flashing screen off and on

Hi,

I would suggest you to try these steps and check if it helps:

To start, press this key combination: CTRL+SHIFT+ESC

If this opens Task Manager and that window is NOT

flickering:

The likely cause is Software Compatibility issue causing

Explorer.exe to crash repeatedly.

• Use the File, Run option in Task Manager to open additional tools as-needed.

Be sure to check the box to run tools as Administrator. These could

include:

appwiz.cpl: Opens Programs and Features

compmgmt.msc: Opens

Computer Management

cmd.exe
    • You can search for crash events in the Event Logs and find if any third

party DLLs are the faulting module in the Explorer,.exe crashes Or uninstall

software that is likely to include shell extensions.
    • If removing software does not resolve the issue, use these commands to

repair Windows:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc

/scannow
    We have reports that removing these apps help resolve the issue:

• Norton Antivirus
    • Other AV solutions
    • iCloud
    • IDT Audio (faulting module IDTNC64.cpl)
    If Task Manager is flickering, or it didn’t open, proceed with

display driver troubleshooting:

The likely cause is a display driver

or display hardware issue.

• Boot to Safe Mode with Networking.
    • Use the same steps here as for Black Screen issues – if dual chipset,

disable built-in graphics, if still flickers, try with only the other chipset

enabled.
    • If this does not work, or there is only a single chipset, uninstall the

device and remove the driver software.
    • Then boot into Windows and update the drivers to the latest from the

manufacturer.

Bennet Martin, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Ryan Fra Win User

Windows explorer.exe keeps crashing after startup and causes screen to flash.

My screen keep flashing

Hi,

There are many possible reasons why the screen keeps flashing, like outdated display drivers or corrupted user profile.

Please answer the following questions for us not to repeat the same troubleshooting steps:

• What are the troubleshooting steps you have performed to resolve the issue?
    • Have you tried to update the display drivers?
    • Have you tried to check Windows update?

Ryan Fra, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

Windows explorer.exe keeps crashing after startup and causes screen to flash.

1. Windows explorer.exe keeps crashing after startup and causes screen to flash. - Similar Threads - explorer exe keeps

2. Screen flashing on windows startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen flashing on windows startup: Hello,My computer was working just fine until earlier today, when I decided to restart it and upon startup my screen is endlessly flashing. I cannot do anything on the computer. I have been trying to find a solution online without any success. I had not installed any new...
  3. Screen flashing on windows startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen flashing on windows startup: Hello,My computer was working just fine until earlier today, when I decided to restart it and upon startup my screen is endlessly flashing. I cannot do anything on the computer. I have been trying to find a solution online without any success. I had not installed any new...
  4. Screen flashing on windows startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Explorer crashing on startup

Windows Explorer crashing on startup: Recently I started having an issue where Windows Explorer would crash when starting Windows. The task bar would not load and would only show the Windows button which would not work when clicked on.Sometimes the problem would resolve by restarting the Windows Explorer process...
  6. Explorer crashing on startup

Explorer crashing on startup: Hi, Running Windows 10 Home 64-bit 1909. When Windows starts, explorer crashes every 1 secondish roughly 20 times before it stops crashing and loads properly. I cant find much about it online so hopefully someone can help? I've tried disabling all my startup programs...
  7. ForzaHorizon4.exe crashing on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ForzaHorizon4.exe crashing on startup: Hi, I need help to solve this problem, please. When searching for MoBEX all I find is problems with edge. Hopefully I can be helpful providing more information if required ForzaHorizon4.exe Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Program...
  8. PC hangs after startup, windows frozen, explorer crashes, blue screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC hangs after startup, windows frozen, explorer crashes, blue screen: This is a long description but any help would be very appreciated. A few weeks ago my PC has been struggling to boot up normally with no obvious cause. What I mean by "boot normally": I would be able to login and then start opening windows a few seconds after with no issues...
  9. Windows Startup screen keep flashing.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Startup screen keep flashing.: Every time starting the windows screen keep flashing badly. How can I solve this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-startup-screen-keep-flashing/e1943d4d-65a9-4f58-b998-03ba7c7b835e"
  10. Screen flashes after windows startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen flashes after windows startup: Hi everyone, I'm having a weird issue since i installed windows 10, After installing, drivers, apps, etc., suddenly after using the PC for a few days, after startup apps finish loading and everything, when i try to open any application (browser, explorer, something with...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what causes windows ex[plorer to flash

2. running explorer.exe causes screen to flash