Windows 10: Windows Explorer expand all/collapse all button?

Discus and support Windows Explorer expand all/collapse all button? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows Explorer (looking at some picture folders), grouped by something ( tags in this case). How can I expand all/collapse all?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lise C, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Lise C Win User

Windows Explorer expand all/collapse all button?

Windows Explorer (looking at some picture folders), grouped by something ( tags in this case).

How can I expand all/collapse all?

:)

Lise C, Jan 7, 2019
  2. TimField Win User

File open or insert window shows collapsed folders only

I right clicked and then left clicked on 'expand' in File Explorer and then restarted and brought up an open file window but there was no change. The list is still collapsed.

TimField, Jan 7, 2019
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane automatically expands/collapses folder tree

I have recently come to Windows 10 from Windows 7 (and Classic Shell). I am not an IT professional, nor enthusiast, but I know my way around a PC.

When I click on a folder in the file explorer navigation pane tree, it automatically expands the folder in the tree. It also automatically collapses the previous folder I had selected. This drives me nuts, as I am used to deciding for myself when to expand
    and collapse the tree.

How do I make it:

- just show the folder contents in the right pane when I select a folder in the tree

- only expand the folder when I tell it to

- leave expanded folders expanded when I select a different folder in the tree

(in other words, behave like Windows Explorer)?

PS - I will start throwing things at anyone who mentions the "Expand to current folder" setting, as this is not the answer.

skeletonbob, Jan 7, 2019
  4. illimay Win User

How do I expand the 'Recent' list in the File Explorer?

Thanks for an alternative suggestion.

Windows Explorer expand all/collapse all button? [​IMG]

I don't know what happened... but the list got longer for some reason. I didn't do anything special... but it just got longer

illimay, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Explorer expand all/collapse all button? - Similar Threads - Explorer expand collapse

2. Is there any way to bring back the "collapse all windows" button on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to bring back the "collapse all windows" button on the taskbar?: The button on the side of the taskbar that collapsed all windows has been replaced in favour of the new "copilot" Ai. I don't require it and don't know how to. Is there anyway to bring that button back?...
  3. Is there any way to bring back the "collapse all windows" button on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there any way to bring back the "collapse all windows" button on the taskbar?: The button on the side of the taskbar that collapsed all windows has been replaced in favour of the new "copilot" Ai. I don't require it and don't know how to. Is there anyway to bring that button back?...
  4. Combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons: question1: has MS resolved the combined taskbar buttons / collapsing taskbar buttons? do users have a choice to UNcombine / not have icons collapse?question2: if not, does MS officially, in writing recommend a third party SW? i'm reading complaints & folks pointing to third...
  5. How do you expand or collapse folders in windows

in Windows 10 Support
    How do you expand or collapse folders in windows: Basically I want to do this on windows Expand All Folders in Apple Finder | Best Mac Tips. 166290
  6. Show local disk C: as "expandable and collapsible" On navigation pane in file explorer in...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Show local disk C: as "expandable and collapsible" On navigation pane in file explorer in...: Hey! I'd like to display my local disk C: as an "expandable and collapsible" drive on the navigation pane in file explorer in Windows 10. Is this possible? [ATTACH]...
  7. all close button

in Windows 10 Customization
    all close button: bottom right corner don't have the box to close all windows. The only thing that happens is the notification window pops up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-close-button/1034b778-0c0d-4186-92d0-7a1f031510d0
  8. Component of start button expand on all desktop area

in Windows 10 Customization
    Component of start button expand on all desktop area: i can t collaps they in start button and i can t acces my shortcut that was on the desktop.Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/component-of-start-button-expand-on-all-desktop/8e998eb1-d0bf-47e5-8fe6-03221f196c35
  9. OneNote: How do I collapse/expand all my open notebooks?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    OneNote: How do I collapse/expand all my open notebooks?: I have more than a dozen open notebooks and more recently closed notebooks, each with many many tabs. Is there a way to close them all so I can better see which one notebook I am currently working in? 74287
  10. how to expand or collapse all groups in event viewer

in Windows 10 Support
    how to expand or collapse all groups in event viewer: I've been needing to check the event viewer lately, and when I show in groups, there's a small arrow that lets one collapse each group, and then you see a summary of how many events are in each group. But to collapse all of them I have only found the tedious way by doing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. explorer collapse all

2. windows expand all

3. windows explorer collapse all

4. collapse all folders in windows explorer,
  5. where is the collapse all button,
  6. collapse the registry,
  7. windows collapse all,
  8. expand all command windows explorer,
  9. edge opening all colapse when clikc on the menu,
  10. collapse all windows explorer,
  11. expand all collaspse all,