Windows 10: Windows Explorer file description columns export

Discus and support Windows Explorer file description columns export in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; TreeSize Pro not the free version does what Windows Explorershould do. In the right pane files have namedcolumns and right click any of the names of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PeterCumbria, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Windows Explorer file description columns export

TreeSize Pro not the free version does what Windows Explorershould do. In the right pane files have namedcolumns and right click any of the names of the columns gets the context menu thatshows the extra columns that Windows Explorer normally allows. So check and uncheck your appropriate columnsand when the right pane of TreeSize has the columns you want, you can now sortyour filenames and your chosen columns in the usual way of clicking the columnheader, then export the filenames and columns by Home – Export – select csv,Excel, pdf, text, HTML, XML etc.

:)

PeterCumbria, Feb 9, 2021
  2. Ernie San Win User

why won't column headings in File Explorer (Windows 10) stay the way I set them??

Hello,

To resolve the issue with column heading on File Explorer, we suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click on the View Tab.
    • Click Folder Options.

• Click Apply to all folders.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Feb 9, 2021
  3. File Explorer Column Headings Keep Resetting

Hi,

To resolve the issue with File Explorer Column Headings, you may follow these steps below:

• Click on View Tab.

• Click
      Folder
      Options.

• Click
      Apply to all folders.

Keep us informed for further assistance.

Regards.

Joseph Ban, Feb 9, 2021
  4. Windows Explorer file description columns export

File Explorer Columns

Hi David,

Thank you posting on Microsoft community.

In order to understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• How exactly are you trying to expand the left columns in file explorer?

• Are you referring to extend the area of the left column in File explorer?

• Are you able to expand it in Safe Mode with networking ?
    I would suggest you to provide us the screenshot of the issue you are facing
    in order to understand the issue better.

How to include a screenshot in your post:

How to include a screenshot in your post

Keep us posted with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

Windows Explorer file description columns export

1. Windows Explorer file description columns export - Similar Threads - Explorer file description

2. File Explorer Tags column

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer Tags column: Hello How do I get PDF tags to show in the File Explorer Tags column? please see image below.Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-tags-column/20e8c79b-6499-4e5e-bf02-3247f28ab7c9
  3. Documentation with descriptions on all possible column types in Windows 10 File Explorer?

Documentation with descriptions on all possible column types in Windows 10 File Explorer?: Is there any documentation that explains all the different possible column types there are for Windows 10 File Explorer? See screenshot below.This all started because I was trying to find a way to color code individual files in a directory, and discovered there's a "Color"...
  4. Documentation with descriptions on all possible column types in Windows 10 File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documentation with descriptions on all possible column types in Windows 10 File Explorer?: Is there any documentation that explains all the different possible column types there are for Windows 10 File Explorer? See screenshot below.This all started because I was trying to find a way to color code individual files in a directory, and discovered there's a "Color"...
  5. Documentation with descriptions on all possible column types in Windows 10 File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. File Explorer Ratings Column

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Ratings Column: 1. How do I unrate a file. There is no 0 star option?2. How to rate folders? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-ratings-column/d01892b5-44d6-4b09-840e-bcdac7dbe284
  7. file explorer columns

file explorer columns: The problem is since update to version 1909 the bit rate is not showing in file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-columns/a243c5e2-ac14-4cae-b62e-895a75d97cae
  8. Windows Explorer Default File Columns

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Explorer Default File Columns: Is there a way to change the default columns when viewing in Windows Explorer? Every time I create a new folder, especially for audio files, I have to change the configuration of what info I want to see. And sometimes Windows doesn't SAVE that configuration? I have tried...
  9. File explorer without descriptions

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer without descriptions: Hello guys, first of all please forgive my broken English. And now I'll try to describe my issue. Two days ago switching on my pc I've found a problem..... when I try to read my hard drives contents I can't. All icons are aligned in a wrong way. I can only use my browser... I...
  10. File Explorer Column Headings

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Column Headings: Hello, Each time I make a new folder to store there some media files such as music or video, imediantly the column headings (automaticaly) are (except the name), as follows: # , Title, Contributing Artists, Album. So I have to click on each heading to change it (except...