Windows 10: Windows Explorer/file Properties Details not displaying tags

Discus and support Windows Explorer/file Properties Details not displaying tags in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm trying to tag documents so they can be found easily but I don't have the option to add a tag to a file. The Details panel in my Windows Explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by OCjp, Dec 6, 2016.

1. OCjp Win User

Windows Explorer/file Properties Details not displaying tags

I'm trying to tag documents so they can be found easily but I don't have the option to add a tag to a file. The Details panel in my Windows Explorer does not display tags in the list of properties. Also, when I right-click a file, go to Properties and then click the Details tab, tags are not listed there either.

Is there a way to turn this feature on? Thanks in advance for any help.

:)

OCjp, Dec 6, 2016
  2. Rohn007 Win User

how can I add a Detail that I can input and edit a specified date by just key it in?

There is a 'property" on files called "Tags".

In File Explorer > View tab > Current View group there is a "Add Columns" drop down. Click on it and turn on "Tags". You will now see the tags column at the end of the display.

Still in file explorer, right click on a file name > select Properties > Details tab. Click in the "Tags" row under value. You can now type the date, or anything else you want. Click outside of the field to save the change, the click on the Apply button at
    the bottom of the dialog to permanently save the change.

Rohn007, Dec 6, 2016
  3. Add tags on any file type for easy search and access on one drive, local drive or Sharepoint?

In Windows 10 how to add tags on different files to be searchable easily from local drive, one drive &/or sharepoint.

I searched for this via help et al and bing'ed all over, but could only find this article for Windows vista-none for Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Add-tags-or-other-properties-to-a-file

When I go to tag a pdf file......properties--details--- no tags?

Also on the details column headings as in name, file size et al, in the File Explorer, I can select Tags column to show up but cannot add tags anywhere (?).

I also attempted selecting a particular one file. right clicking on it, going into properties and then details; in the details section there is no Property as Tags.

The reason of adding Tags is so that the file is easy to search anywhere.

Any help in organizing this would be helpful.

Thank you, for your time and consideration.

Fortune Mile, Dec 6, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, Dec 6, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows Explorer/file Properties Details not displaying tags - Similar Threads - Explorer file Properties

2. File Explorer Details Display Columns

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Details Display Columns: Hello,None of the display fields show the user the last date:time a full folder path was last modified new files added or files changed. The standard File Explorer selection of Name, Date Modified, Type and Size does not do this, as Date Modified may relate to when the top...
  3. File Explorer Details Display Columns

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Details Display Columns: Hello,None of the display fields show the user the last date:time a full folder path was last modified new files added or files changed. The standard File Explorer selection of Name, Date Modified, Type and Size does not do this, as Date Modified may relate to when the top...
  4. Tags in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tags in File Explorer: I rely greatly on Autofill when adding tags to images. To not do so would require using my memory resulting in many, slightly different tags for the same "topic". for example:- John Searwood, John Sherwood , John Sharwood, John J Sherwood and so forth. Some while ago the...
  5. File Explorer Properties Details tab not showing all attributes of video meta data/tags

File Explorer Properties Details tab not showing all attributes of video meta data/tags: I am on HP Pavilion x360 with windows 10 1903. I have observed that details tab of file properties in windows explorer shows all attributes of mp4 files like artists, director, year etc. while for mkv files it just shows director, producer and missing other attributes such...
  6. MP3 file property details

MP3 file property details: When I update mp3 properties details contributing artist, a drop down window appears with artist names. How do I add artist to this list? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mp3-file-property-details/16ba24b3-cbf1-48b6-864c-c88c978712bc"
  7. Details Pane in File Explorer does not include stars or tags

Details Pane in File Explorer does not include stars or tags: I want to add tags to my files, especially picture files and Photoshop PSD files. My details pane does not show hardly ANY of the information that I see on help guides for how to add tags! How can I make the details pane show tags so that I can tag my f***ing pictures?...
  8. File Explorer Displaying Wrong Properties Info

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Displaying Wrong Properties Info: Hi! This is my first thread post. I'm very concerned about this problem which I know little about. I am an avid mp3 collector and massively download files onto a 4TB external drive. The last time I checked a folder's properties to see how many files it contained, it read...
  9. Windows 10 Flac Tag Problems in File Explorer with Details Pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Flac Tag Problems in File Explorer with Details Pane: I don't know if this is just me or not, but it seems like whenever I use the details pane to edit the tags of .flac audio files, File Explorer really starts slow down. I also have this problem whenever I simply highlight .flac audio files in File Explorer. I notice that this...
  10. File Explorer displays MP3 details, NOT File Details. How to switch ?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer displays MP3 details, NOT File Details. How to switch ?: Hello, In Windows 10 using the File Explorer, When I copy/create a new .MP3 file onto my computer it is displaying the .MP3 info. and not general file info. in the File Explorer. Example: It displays "Name, #, Title, Artist, Album" etc. It should be displaying......