Windows 10: Windows Explorer Flickering - Please Help!

Discus and support Windows Explorer Flickering - Please Help! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So ever since I've upgraded my PC build and put the Windows OS on an NVME (not sure if this is related to the issue or not, did a full reinstall twice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/nms5419, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Windows Explorer Flickering - Please Help!

So ever since I've upgraded my PC build and put the Windows OS on an NVME (not sure if this is related to the issue or not, did a full reinstall twice and still have the same problem), I've had issues with Windows Explorer flickering every time I press the start menu button, open "This PC" or close out of a windows explorer window. Basically, all of the desktop icons and the task bar at the bottom of the screen briefly disappear and/or start flickering for a few seconds then return to normal.

I've tried multiple different things to fix this, including running check disk, system repair, and rebuilding my indexing search library. I've heard this may be an issue with indexing (especially since I have 3 ssd's and 2 hdd's connected to the motherboard), although I currently only have the indexing set for the C: drive so I'm not really sure. Has anyone else ever had this problem or figured out a way to fix this issue? It doesn't necessarily cause any major system performance issues, but it's extremely annoying especially after spending all the time and money on building my own PC.

submitted by /u/nms5419
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/nms5419, Mar 28, 2021

2. Screen flickering in safe mode help!

Hi Yasmeentq,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your query. I suggest you to follow the steps to get out of safe mode.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type msconfig

• In msconfig > Boot tab >
      Boot Options > uncheck Safe Boot > APPLY / OK.

Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers. I suggest you to refer to the article below and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Mar 28, 2021
  3. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Mar 28, 2021
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

Windows Explorer Flickering - Please Help!

Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

Windows Explorer Flickering - Please Help!

1. Windows Explorer Flickering - Please Help! - Similar Threads - Explorer Flickering Please

2. Please help, File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Please help, File Explorer: Please help if you canI cannot open File Explorer, if I right click to open all I get is the hourglass! Opening files sent via email - File Explorer opens, but again with the hourglass!Plus Windows Update keeps failing Please help- Message given - There were some problems...
  3. Please help, File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help, File Explorer: Please help if you canI cannot open File Explorer, if I right click to open all I get is the hourglass! Opening files sent via email - File Explorer opens, but again with the hourglass!Plus Windows Update keeps failing Please help- Message given - There were some problems...
  4. Please help, File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. explorer not show please help?

in Cortana
    explorer not show please help?: hey, before explorer was work fine but i disable cortana before. i wanted to run it and try it how work, but i didn't find it i searched on google and found that it is option not activated on gpedit.msc i followed these steps topic I don't have Cortana on my Windows 10 then i...
  6. Monitor flickering, please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor flickering, please help: Hello everyone! I have Philips monitor 243V7QJABF and it was working perfectly fine until today. Now this monitor started to flickering and it is not usable. I've went through all troubleshooting such as drivers update, restart in safe mode still flickering, tried to...
  7. Help With Windows Explorer Please..

in Windows 10 Support
    Help With Windows Explorer Please..: This just happened today for the first time. I can't find pics I've just uploaded. I upload from my camera and they go in the 'pictures' folder. No problem until today. Here's what's happened: The wonderful world of win10 creates four 'pictures' folders, I find. And my...
  8. Cursor and Windows Explorer Flickering

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cursor and Windows Explorer Flickering: Recently my cursor while using Word and windows explorer started flickering. I'm having a hard time finding help with this issue. But I did record a two minute capture that shows what's happening. I put it on my YouTube account. Follow this link: https://youtu.be/25lHoxi5vo4...
  9. My windows toolbar flickers. Please help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My windows toolbar flickers. Please help: Dear Friends, Since a week my windows 10 toolbar flickers. Can someone help me solving this Regards, Vishwanath https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-toolbar-flickers-please-help/1ca9345b-a297-4d77-94da-bdeef74fd2cd
  10. File Explorer Help Please

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Help Please: I used to open my File Explorer and it presented a menu as to which drive I wanted to go to, like C drive, D drive or R drive or other drives I have on here. Do you know of a way how I can get it back that way by clicking on File Explorer? Many thanks for all your help.God...