Windows 10: Windows Explorer Folder Permissions

Discus and support Windows Explorer Folder Permissions in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is it possible to give write access to files in a folder but prevent users from adding new files?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ged-147, Sep 28, 2022.

1. Ged-147 Win User

Windows Explorer Folder Permissions

Is it possible to give write access to files in a folder but prevent users from adding new files?

:)

Ged-147, Sep 28, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 28, 2022
  3. Kreij Win User
    How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

Some suggestions

Kreij, Sep 28, 2022
  4. Windows Explorer Folder Permissions

No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Sep 28, 2022
Thema:

Windows Explorer Folder Permissions

1. Windows Explorer Folder Permissions - Similar Threads - Explorer Folder Permissions

2. Folder permission

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder permission: Bare with me on this,A user in my org who is part of the 'employees' group needs to be the only one who can read-write a folder and its contents as he has training documentation in there that only he should be able to edit.This user is just a normal employee and has no need...
  3. Folder permission

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Folder permission: Bare with me on this,A user in my org who is part of the 'employees' group needs to be the only one who can read-write a folder and its contents as he has training documentation in there that only he should be able to edit.This user is just a normal employee and has no need...
  4. Folder permission

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Explorer Folder Permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Folder Permissions: Is it possible to give write access to files in a folder but prevent users from adding new files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-folder-permissions/36238908-821a-47ae-9e4d-b0b283eaeea5
  6. Windows Explorer Folder Permissions

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Explorer Folder Permissions: Is it possible to give write access to files in a folder but prevent users from adding new files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-folder-permissions/36238908-821a-47ae-9e4d-b0b283eaeea5
  7. Folder Permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Folder Permissions: Good Morning,I have a question regarding folder access for users and their permissions. Say I have a folder on a server called 'Example' - within that folder are 5 subfolders named 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. If I wanted to grant access to only specific folders so user A can only...
  8. Folder permissions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folder permissions: This should be simple... Set permissions on a directory so that all users/new users cannot delete the folder? What's the best way? why is icacls etc so confusing? inherit, containers, blah blah blah...??? submitted by /u/BarnD09 [link] [comments]...
  9. Folder permissions

Folder permissions: Trying to troubleshoot why a security group can't get access to it. Folder is hidden. I can get to it on my admin account. Two user trying to get to it on their user accounts. User accounts are in one SG. I have added SG to folder with read, list and read &...
  10. Permissions on folder

Permissions on folder: Exploring a system image-I can access all folders others than Users and its sub folders. If I try to change permission using security tab get an error message- Unable to set new owner. The media is write protected. How can I get access to these folders please....