Windows 10: Windows Explorer freezes for 30-45 seconds whenever I drag files out of the window on the...

Discus and support Windows Explorer freezes for 30-45 seconds whenever I drag files out of the window on the... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I have some mapped drives that are connected via VPN. So, I have different drives and different VPN connections, if one connection is active, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by fs_AT12, Apr 13, 2021.

1. fs_AT12 Win User

Windows Explorer freezes for 30-45 seconds whenever I drag files out of the window on the...

Hi

I have some mapped drives that are connected via VPN. So, I have different drives and different VPN connections, if one connection is active, the other one is not connected and the drives are also not connected. Normally, I have at least one drive that is not connected.

Every time I drag a file and hover over one not connected mapped drive, the explorer window stops working for 30 sec.

I don't want to drag the file to this mapped drive, I just hover over it accidentally, but windows acts like I would stop over this drive.

How can I stop this, this is eating up so much time, for something I don't want to do?

Is it possible to stop this?

:)

fs_AT12, Apr 13, 2021

2. file explorer - cant drag to second window

Hi,

There are several factors that may trigger this issue including your settings or even recent changes to your computer. In order for us to efficiently assist you, we just have few questions
    for you:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say you cannot drag file explorer on the "second Windows", are you referring to a second monitor?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Apr 13, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 13, 2021
  4. Frick Win User

Windows Explorer freezes for 30-45 seconds whenever I drag files out of the window on the...

Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue Windows Explorer freezes for 30-45 seconds whenever I drag files out of the window on the... :p

Frick, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows Explorer freezes for 30-45 seconds whenever I drag files out of the window on the... - Similar Threads - Explorer freezes seconds

2. Windows file explorer freeze for 30 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows file explorer freeze for 30 seconds: Hello, I have regularly, but randomly on my windows file explorer the following behavior: I create a folder, and then I have to wait 30 seconds before the folder is created, and the file explorer gives me the hand. During this time the file explorer is unusable. The 30 second...
  3. Windows file explorer freeze for 30 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows file explorer freeze for 30 seconds: Hello, I have regularly, but randomly on my windows file explorer the following behavior: I create a folder, and then I have to wait 30 seconds before the folder is created, and the file explorer gives me the hand. During this time the file explorer is unusable. The 30 second...
  4. 45 Seconds to Load File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    45 Seconds to Load File Explorer: File Explorer taking way too long to load 45 Seconds. Once its loaded, it works OK, but it used to load in less than 2 seconds.Everything was working fine in Windows 10. I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 7 with 16GB Ram. Nothing else appears to be affected.I have tried windows...
  5. 45 Seconds to Load File Explorer

45 Seconds to Load File Explorer: File Explorer taking way too long to load 45 Seconds. Once its loaded, it works OK, but it used to load in less than 2 seconds.Everything was working fine in Windows 10. I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 7 with 16GB Ram. Nothing else appears to be affected.I have tried windows...
  6. Windows freezes for 30 seconds and then goes into a BSOD

Windows freezes for 30 seconds and then goes into a BSOD: I've been having this problem for a while now, and I really can't tell what is wrong with my computer.The first boot up of my computer of the day, I log in, a couple minutes later, freezes and BSOD, after the reboot, it doesn't happen again.I have no clue what is the problem,...
  7. Windows freezes for 30 seconds and then goes into a BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows freezes for 30 seconds and then goes into a BSOD: I've been having this problem for a while now, and I really can't tell what is wrong with my computer.The first boot up of my computer of the day, I log in, a couple minutes later, freezes and BSOD, after the reboot, it doesn't happen again.I have no clue what is the problem,...
  8. Windows Explorer freezes for a few seconds whenever I drag files out of the window

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer freezes for a few seconds whenever I drag files out of the window: I’ve been trying to drag and drop files out of the windows explorer window and the pc stops being responsive and freezes up,after it stops freezing it goes back to normal without it completing theaction and it leaves a screen burn there. submitted by /u/sunyoid [link]...
  9. Windows explorer freezes whenever an image file is selected.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows explorer freezes whenever an image file is selected.: Windows explorer freezes up every time I highlight an image file jpeg, gif, png, etc just clicking on an image file or using the arrow keys to go to an image file causes the freeze. Otherwise, explorer seems to be working fine. I can go to other folders, click on and open...
  10. Can't drag File Explorer to second screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't drag File Explorer to second screen: I cannot drag File Explorer to my second screen. All other programs and files can move between the screens. Help! 70973