Windows 10: Windows Explorer freezes for a few seconds whenever I drag files out of the window

Discus and support Windows Explorer freezes for a few seconds whenever I drag files out of the window in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I’ve been trying to drag and drop files out of the windows explorer window and the pc stops being responsive and freezes up,after it stops freezing it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sunyoid, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Windows Explorer freezes for a few seconds whenever I drag files out of the window

I’ve been trying to drag and drop files out of the windows explorer window and the pc stops being responsive and freezes up,after it stops freezing it goes back to normal without it completing theaction and it leaves a screen burn there.

submitted by /u/sunyoid
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sunyoid, Apr 26, 2020

2. file explorer - cant drag to second window

Hi,

There are several factors that may trigger this issue including your settings or even recent changes to your computer. In order for us to efficiently assist you, we just have few questions
    for you:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?

• When you say you cannot drag file explorer on the "second Windows", are you referring to a second monitor?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Apr 26, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 26, 2020
  4. Frick Win User

Windows Explorer freezes for a few seconds whenever I drag files out of the window

Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue Windows Explorer freezes for a few seconds whenever I drag files out of the window :p

Frick, Apr 26, 2020
Thema:

Windows Explorer freezes for a few seconds whenever I drag files out of the window

1. Windows Explorer freezes for a few seconds whenever I drag files out of the window - Similar Threads - Explorer freezes few

2. Windows Explorer Freezing, CTRL+ALT+DEL doesn't work, Cannot sign out for a few seconds!!!...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Freezing, CTRL+ALT+DEL doesn't work, Cannot sign out for a few seconds!!!...: I am writing a complaint that this build 22631.3447 caused problems like Many Apps Freezing so hard, I can't even CTRL+ALT+DEL or Sign Out for a few seconds! this build is a total disaster! I can't stand this issue for much longer, Please get the Microsoft Devs to rectify...
  3. Windows Explorer Freezing, CTRL+ALT+DEL doesn't work, Cannot sign out for a few seconds!!!...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer Freezing, CTRL+ALT+DEL doesn't work, Cannot sign out for a few seconds!!!...: I am writing a complaint that this build 22631.3447 caused problems like Many Apps Freezing so hard, I can't even CTRL+ALT+DEL or Sign Out for a few seconds! this build is a total disaster! I can't stand this issue for much longer, Please get the Microsoft Devs to rectify...
  4. Windows file explorer freeze for 30 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows file explorer freeze for 30 seconds: Hello, I have regularly, but randomly on my windows file explorer the following behavior: I create a folder, and then I have to wait 30 seconds before the folder is created, and the file explorer gives me the hand. During this time the file explorer is unusable. The 30 second...
  5. Windows file explorer freeze for 30 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows file explorer freeze for 30 seconds: Hello, I have regularly, but randomly on my windows file explorer the following behavior: I create a folder, and then I have to wait 30 seconds before the folder is created, and the file explorer gives me the hand. During this time the file explorer is unusable. The 30 second...
  6. File explorer crash after few seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer crash after few seconds: I have Windows 11 and my explorer crashes when you open it. It will last for just a couple of seconds then does nothing. I cant explore my files and I dont have an idea what cause of it. I need help on this....
  7. Windows Explorer freezes for 30-45 seconds whenever I drag files out of the window on the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Explorer freezes for 30-45 seconds whenever I drag files out of the window on the...: Hi I have some mapped drives that are connected via VPN. So, I have different drives and different VPN connections, if one connection is active, the other one is not connected and the drives are also not connected. Normally, I have at least one drive that is not connected....
  8. Windows Explorer not responding for a few seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer not responding for a few seconds: Hi, Windows 10 Pro 20H2, all up to date. The PC freezes from time to time, for a few seconds or more. Mouse can move but click won't have effect. Key stroke will be accepted but not displayed until it unfreeze. I started to have Task manager running on the side so I...
  9. Windows explorer freezes whenever an image file is selected.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows explorer freezes whenever an image file is selected.: Windows explorer freezes up every time I highlight an image file jpeg, gif, png, etc just clicking on an image file or using the arrow keys to go to an image file causes the freeze. Otherwise, explorer seems to be working fine. I can go to other folders, click on and open...
  10. Can't drag File Explorer to second screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't drag File Explorer to second screen: I cannot drag File Explorer to my second screen. All other programs and files can move between the screens. Help! 70973

Users found this page by searching for:

1. explorer.exe freezes for some seconds