Windows 10: Windows Explorer freezes when I try to select multiple files in a folder

Discus and support Windows Explorer freezes when I try to select multiple files in a folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; In Windows 10 Explorer when I select a file and then try to select another using the CTRL key or several others using the Shift key Windows Explorer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by leica6, Jun 4, 2019.

1. leica6 Win User

Windows Explorer freezes when I try to select multiple files in a folder

In Windows 10 Explorer when I select a file and then try to select another using the CTRL key or several others using the Shift key Windows Explorer immediately displays a "not responding" message in the top bar. I've tried running the File and Folder Troubleshooter several times with no luck. Very frustrating!

:)

leica6, Jun 4, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 4, 2019
  3. Searching folders freezes file explorer

Suggestions? WHen i try looking in folders, file explorer freezes

brettbonner, Jun 4, 2019
  4. agmarin Win User

Windows 10 file explorer: Is it possible to do a search selecting multiple folders?

Hi,

The problem is to do one
    search (i.e. one
    filename) on multiple folders.

For example, if I connect:

• Pendrive 1 with a folder "images" (e:\images\)
    • Pendrive 2 with a folder "photos" (f:\photos\)
    And then I want to do one
    search for files like *home* in both folders.

Is it possible to do this in file explorer (windows 10)?

Thanks!

agmarin, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Explorer freezes when I try to select multiple files in a folder - Similar Threads - Explorer freezes try

2. Whenever I select something in the images folder file explorer freezes.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Whenever I select something in the images folder file explorer freezes.: Selecting something in a folder thats in the images folder also causes the app to freeze, I have tried restarting my computer but it did nothing....
  3. Whenever I select something in the images folder file explorer freezes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I select something in the images folder file explorer freezes.: Selecting something in a folder thats in the images folder also causes the app to freeze, I have tried restarting my computer but it did nothing....
  4. Whenever I select something in the images folder file explorer freezes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File Explorer crashes when selecting multiple files.

File Explorer crashes when selecting multiple files.: First of all, this is the first time that i write something like this. When I select multiple files in File explorer it crashes. This does not happen immediately though, selecting 2 or 3 files usualy is fine, the crash usualy occurs when i select around 5-7 files or more the...
  6. File Explorer crashes when selecting multiple files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer crashes when selecting multiple files.: First of all, this is the first time that i write something like this. When I select multiple files in File explorer it crashes. This does not happen immediately though, selecting 2 or 3 files usualy is fine, the crash usualy occurs when i select around 5-7 files or more the...
  7. File Explorer crashes when selecting multiple files.

8. Explorer lags when I select multiple files for the first time.

Explorer lags when I select multiple files for the first time.: Hello, I am facing this problem for the last month, every time I try to select multiple files in a folder explorer lags the first time I do it but after that, it is okay to reselect again without lagging.Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, BaseBoard PRIME Z490M-PLUS, ProcessorIntelR...
  9. File Explorer freezes when i select files

File Explorer freezes when i select files: When i try to open a file and i click on it the spinning wheel appears and file explorer freezes, but it only works with apps if they are in a folder. If i try pinned apps, the ones on the desktop or if i search for them they work fine. This doesn't happens to folder. Can...
  10. File explorer hangs when I select a folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer hangs when I select a folder: submitted by /u/Xsus03 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/icznc1/file_explorer_hangs_when_i_select_a_folder/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer freezes multiple selections

2. windows explorer freezing when trying to select multiple files

3. windows explorer not responding right click