Windows 10: Windows Explorer freezes when right-click on folder or shortcut

Discus and support Windows Explorer freezes when right-click on folder or shortcut in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello! Sorry if this has been asked before please point to appropriate thread. I have recently upgraded Windows 10 Pro 64-bit from v1809 to v1903,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by spapakons, Nov 6, 2019.

1. spapakons Win User

Windows Explorer freezes when right-click on folder or shortcut

Hello!

Sorry if this has been asked before please point to appropriate thread. I have recently upgraded Windows 10 Pro 64-bit from v1809 to v1903, although I think my problem has nothing to do with the upgrade which was completed successfully. I noticed that when I right-click on a folder (to see its properties) or on a shortcut (in order to run as Administrator) Windows Explorer freezes. Trying to restart the process from Task Manager doesn't work, it terminates but doesn't start again. The only workaround is to end the task from Details tab in Task Manager and the run Explorer again. The issue doesn't happen in Safe Mode. I also tried to run CCleaner and fixed all registry issues without any success, the issue persists. I also disabled two suspicious Services named MzhhZWYz and NjIzZDMwNzc, nothing changed. What report do you need to figure out what is the culprit? How I do that report?

Thank you in advance!

PS: I have already searched for spywares with Superantispyware and removed them all.

:)

spapakons, Nov 6, 2019
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Windows Explorer freezes when right-click on folder or shortcut :)

terrace, Nov 6, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 6, 2019
  4. Kreij Win User

How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

Some suggestions

Kreij, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Explorer freezes when right-click on folder or shortcut - Similar Threads - Explorer freezes right

2. Windows Explorer Crashes When Right-Clicking Folders on The Left Pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer Crashes When Right-Clicking Folders on The Left Pane: Hi, Windows Explorer crashes every time I right-click on a folder under Quick Access or This PC. I have tried clearing the file explorer history and restarting my computer/file explorer from the command prompt. The last problem report I got is below. Any suggestions on how...
  3. When right clicking on desktop, the desktop freezes.

in Windows 10 Customization
    When right clicking on desktop, the desktop freezes.: Hi, i'm having a problem with my MSI Laptop, where I right click the desktop, then it will turn my cursor into the blue circle and try to boot up the screen the gives you all those settings. Then it will take around 2 minutes for that to actually show, but when I click it...
  4. No option to create shortcuts when right clicking on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    No option to create shortcuts when right clicking on desktop: The title pretty much sums up the problem. When I right click on my desktop and select 'New' the only option is to create a new folder and there is no longer an option to create a shortcut. Also if I create the shortcut elsewhere and move it to the Desktop the shortcut...
  5. Files Explorer right click freeze Please help!

Files Explorer right click freeze Please help!: Whenever I open File Explorer and try to right click a folder or file it just shows the blue loading circle and then freezes! I'm running windows 10, I've tried searching everywhere. This is not the same as the desktop right click freeze. Please somebody help, this is what it...
  6. Windows Explorer crashes when right clicking to open a new folder

Windows Explorer crashes when right clicking to open a new folder: Windows Explorer crashes when right clicking to open a new folder -info: I have remapped the documents, pictures, videos, desktop, downloads and folders to the D drive where I want my files to reside and have installed Adobe Creative Cloud The problem details are below,...
  7. Windows Explorer closes off when right clicked on Quick Access Folders

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer closes off when right clicked on Quick Access Folders: Windows Explorer closes off when right clicked on Quick Access Folders - The solutions provided before from some other users are also not working....
  8. Desktop freezes if I right-click on a document or shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop freezes if I right-click on a document or shortcut: Hi everyone! My desktop freezes when I right-click on a document or shortcut. This also happens when I right-click on something in file explorer. Does anyone has a solution for this? Thank you in advance!...
  9. Explorer crashing when right clicking folders on Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer crashing when right clicking folders on Navigation Pane: Hi there Recently I've been experiencing a weird problem with Windows 10. Right clicking any folders on the pane on the left - the one with folders, libraries etc. causes explorer to freeze and then crash. I can right click on files and folders in the main explorer...
  10. Explorer crashing when right clicking in the video folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer crashing when right clicking in the video folder: Last week I bought a new gaming PC. Came with Windows 10. Now I've noticed then when I right click in the system default video folder (under "this PC") explorer crashes. It only happens with the video folder for some reason. Even clicking the tabs make it crash except for...