Windows 10: Windows explorer freezes when right clicking in a certain folder

Discus and support Windows explorer freezes when right clicking in a certain folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've recently changed the location of my videos folder in This PC, but instead of typing D:\, I accidentally typed D:, which leads the video folder to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by supsm2017, Dec 13, 2020.

1. supsm2017 Win User

Windows explorer freezes when right clicking in a certain folder

I've recently changed the location of my videos folder in This PC, but instead of typing D:\, I accidentally typed D:, which leads the video folder to be D:Videos. Although mostly everything works, when I try to right click in that folder, windows explorer freezes. This also happens when I right click on the Videos shortcut in This PC, so I cannot change it. Is there any way to fix this?

:)

supsm2017, Dec 13, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 13, 2020
  3. spapakons Win User
    Windows Explorer freezes when right-click on folder or shortcut

Hello! Unfortunately Explorer++ freezes too! I used ShellExView to disable non-Microsoft context menu items but didn't help. Running sfc /scannow did nothing. Thanks

spapakons, Dec 13, 2020
  4. Callender Win User

Windows Explorer freezes when right-click on folder or shortcut

Try Explorer++ Portable

Use it to navigate to a problem folder or shortcut and then right click. Post a screenshot of the context menu. Like this:

Windows explorer freezes when right clicking in a certain folder [​IMG]

Explorer++ - A small and fast file manager for Windows

For any third party software entries that show up in the right click context menu - either remove the software (uninstall) if you no longer use it or else check version numbers and check for and install updates.

Callender, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows explorer freezes when right clicking in a certain folder - Similar Threads - explorer freezes right

2. file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture: i need help, when right clicking on a picture the file explore freezes, before it didn't do that, it only does for picture files and not normal files. i have already asked this but it came back, every single method i tried only fixes for a few days then it comes back...
  3. file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture: i need help, when right clicking on a picture the file explore freezes, before it didn't do that, it only does for picture files and not normal files. i have already asked this but it came back, every single method i tried only fixes for a few days then it comes back...
  4. file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture

file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture: i need help, when right clicking on a picture the file explore freezes, before it didn't do that, it only does for picture files and not normal files....
  6. file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture: i need help, when right clicking on a picture the file explore freezes, before it didn't do that, it only does for picture files and not normal files....
  7. file explore Freezing when right clicking on a picture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows Explorer crashing when right clicking certain files.

Windows Explorer crashing when right clicking certain files.: Hello, I have a weird issue with windows 10 that makes windows explorer crash when right clicking a mp3 file. The log says: Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: explorer.exe Application...
  9. Windows Explorer freezes when right-click on folder or shortcut

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Explorer freezes when right-click on folder or shortcut: Hello! Sorry if this has been asked before please point to appropriate thread. I have recently upgraded Windows 10 Pro 64-bit from v1809 to v1903, although I think my problem has nothing to do with the upgrade which was completed successfully. I noticed that when I...
  10. Explorer crashing when right clicking in the video folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer crashing when right clicking in the video folder: Last week I bought a new gaming PC. Came with Windows 10. Now I've noticed then when I right click in the system default video folder (under "this PC") explorer crashes. It only happens with the video folder for some reason. Even clicking the tabs make it crash except for...