Windows 10: Windows Explorer freezing

Discus and support Windows Explorer freezing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My windows explorer windows 11 has been freezing despite trying literally everything under the sun to fix. My drivers are all up to date, ive ran SFC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Unwanted Disk Jockey, Apr 1, 2023.

1. Windows Explorer freezing

My windows explorer windows 11 has been freezing despite trying literally everything under the sun to fix. My drivers are all up to date, ive ran SFC scans multiple times. nothing out of the ordinary, I've changed how it interacts with the PC switching the windows explorer settings from This PC to Home, cleared the cache, one I haven't done was revert to a previous version of windows that's because i literally do not have the option, its really getting old having to reset the file explorer every few minutes because something messed up which wasn't at fault of me. Ill take anything at thi

:)

Unwanted Disk Jockey, Apr 1, 2023

2. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Apr 1, 2023
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 1, 2023
  4. Windows Explorer freezing

Windows Explorer freeze

Hi Igor,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask a few questions with regard to freezing File Explorer.

• Have you made any changes to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Apr 1, 2023
Thema:

Windows Explorer freezing

1. Windows Explorer freezing - Similar Threads - Explorer freezing

2. Edge freezes windows explorer every time it's opened

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge freezes windows explorer every time it's opened: Every time I open edge it won't take more than a few minutes before it freezes windows explorer and I have to restart it every single time!I've done everything I disabled the graphic acceleration, I disabled all the bad features, I scanned for malwares but no nothing is...
  3. Edge freezes windows explorer every time it's opened

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge freezes windows explorer every time it's opened: Every time I open edge it won't take more than a few minutes before it freezes windows explorer and I have to restart it every single time!I've done everything I disabled the graphic acceleration, I disabled all the bad features, I scanned for malwares but no nothing is...
  4. Edge freezes windows explorer every time it's opened

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. "Downloads" pinned to Quick Start freezes Explorer when I download file with long name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Downloads" pinned to Quick Start freezes Explorer when I download file with long name: Hello everybody,When I download a file with a long name and try to access the "Downloads" folder pinned in Quick Access on Explorer, the program freezes. I have to go into the Task Manager and restart it. Then I have to navigate to Downloads from another way and rename that...
  6. "Downloads" pinned to Quick Start freezes Explorer when I download file with long name

"Downloads" pinned to Quick Start freezes Explorer when I download file with long name: Hello everybody,When I download a file with a long name and try to access the "Downloads" folder pinned in Quick Access on Explorer, the program freezes. I have to go into the Task Manager and restart it. Then I have to navigate to Downloads from another way and rename that...
  7. Windows explorer lags and freezes after browsing folders containing 100000+ images

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer lags and freezes after browsing folders containing 100000+ images: Hi,I work as a graphic designer/animator. I have over 1 million images/animation frames stored on my computer, average image size is around 5 mb but it can range from tiny pictures below 1mb and bigger images like 100mb.I am using windows 10, fully updated, ran complete virus...
  8. Windows explorer lags and freezes after browsing folders containing 100000+ images

Windows explorer lags and freezes after browsing folders containing 100000+ images: Hi,I work as a graphic designer/animator. I have over 1 million images/animation frames stored on my computer, average image size is around 5 mb but it can range from tiny pictures below 1mb and bigger images like 100mb.I am using windows 10, fully updated, ran complete virus...
  9. Windows explorer lags and freezes after browsing folders containing 100000+ images

10. File explorer keeps freezing every time I run an .exe File

File explorer keeps freezing every time I run an .exe File: for some reason every time I try and install an exe like DiscordSetup.exe or any other exe. My file explorer will freeze for ever and I cant exit out of it and it opens windows dialog and I cant close that either and then later on it will open up the exe in like 5-10 minutes...