Windows 10: Windows Explorer Hangs On Blue Spinning Circle.

Discus and support Windows Explorer Hangs On Blue Spinning Circle. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just got a brand-new at the beginning of the month. Its a HP Slim Desktop - S01-pF1046b Product number: 9EE15AA#ABA. Operating system Windows 10 Home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mr Bass, Dec 23, 2020.

1. Mr Bass Win User

Windows Explorer Hangs On Blue Spinning Circle.

I just got a brand-new at the beginning of the month. Its a HP Slim Desktop - S01-pF1046b Product number: 9EE15AA#ABA. Operating system Windows 10 Home 64-bit Edition, Version 20H2, installed on ‎12/‎01/‎2020, OS build 19042.685, Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0. Microprocessor Intel Core i3-10100 CPU @ 3.60GHz System memory 8 GB Memory slot 1 8GB Micron 3200MHz System board 8768 A (SMVB) Everything has been working ok, short of trying to move images from a recovered hard drive around to different folder on an external drive which has locked the computer up three times, I had to power the system down by holding the power button. I was moving over 170,000 images maybe the issue.

What my biggest problem is, not sure if they are related, when I open windows explorer, I touch any icon and the blue circle comes up spinning for a long time. I cannot do anything with explorer till it stops spinning. It also affects the desktop icons as well. I recently restored my explorer quick access views, and folder view settings. I have run HPs operating system diagnostics, HPs hardware diagnostics system fast test, Glarysofts Glary on 1-Click Maintenance, Iobit Advance System Care V14 Free on care, manual mode scan. I have run SFC, had a couple of errors it fixed, and reran it with no errors. Ran DISM, with no errors. I deleted everything in %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Recent\AutomaticDestinations. I have shut down OneDrive, shut down Dropbox, things that articles have said may cause this issue. I have tried showing icons and never thumbnails. I have rebuilt the index and tried most everything online, short of going back to an earlier date or refreshing Windows. It affects only the primary profile, not the other two and I have restored the folder views and quick view settings on one of the other profiles.

:)

Mr Bass, Dec 23, 2020
  2. judahreed Win User

Spinning blue circle questions

Hi, I know what the spinning blue circle means, but when the Blue spinning circle + Pointer turns into a singular spinning circle does that mean its processing something bigger than average?

judahreed, Dec 23, 2020
  3. Carol_101 Win User
    Spinning Blue Circle

I have Windows 10 on my relatively new laptop (8 months or so). This dreaded blue spinning circle wasn't always here, it only arrived about 2 months ago but plans to stay I think unless I can figure out how to get rid of it. I've read posts online from
    others frustrated with this problem, so it seems I'm not alone. The suggestions on how to solve the problem are pretty in-depth, and I don't have the background on the inner-workings of the computer to go messing around with the systems that some suggested
    to try. Surely, there can't be a whole host of reasons for this stupid circle spinning in Windows 10, so why can't I find one answer to shut it down? If I must cart it off to the computer store and pay to have it corrected, so be it but before I do, I'd like
    to know that I had no other option. I hate this blue circle, the frustration has cost me enough so I really begrudge spending valuable dollars to make it disappear. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Carol_101, Dec 23, 2020
  4. LittleZo Win User

Blue Spinning Circle - Windows 10

Hi,

Recently upgraded to Windows 10 on a HP tower - recently I have been getting a spinning blue circle next to the cursor. I've checked through Task Manager to see if there is anything causing this, I've disabled Error reporting as prior suggestions and posts.

The circle disappears when typing or ending a process then re-appears seconds later. More of a nuisance than having an adverse effects.

Any suggestions?

Many Thanks

LittleZo, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Explorer Hangs On Blue Spinning Circle. - Similar Threads - Explorer Hangs Blue

2. Spinning blue circle keeps showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Spinning blue circle keeps showing: spinning blue circle keeps showing for every minute without doing anything how to fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spinning-blue-circle-keeps-showing/99883382-1b72-4aaf-905c-1e46dfd8c96d
  3. Blue screen spinning circle Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen spinning circle Windows 10: Can Microsoft please fix this problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It isn't the PC or Laptop because I have 100 that all do the same thing at least a few times a year. THIS IS A WINDOWS 10 ISSUE FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  4. Blue screen spinning circle Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen spinning circle Windows 10: Can Microsoft please fix this problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It isn't the PC or Laptop because I have 100 that all do the same thing at least a few times a year. THIS IS A WINDOWS 10 ISSUE FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
  5. Windows Explorer Hangs On Blue Spinning Circle.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer Hangs On Blue Spinning Circle.: I just got a brand-new at the beginning of the month. It’s a HP Slim Desktop - S01-pF1046b Product number: 9EE15AA#ABA. Operating system Windows 10 Home 64-bit Edition, Version 20H2, installed on‎12/‎01/‎2020, OS build 19042.685, Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  6. Windows Explorer Hangs On Blue Spinning Circle

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer Hangs On Blue Spinning Circle: I just got a brand-new at the beginning of the month. It’s a HP Slim Desktop - S01-pF1046b Product number: 9EE15AA#ABA. Operating system Windows 10 Home 64-bit Edition, Version 20H2, installed on‎12/‎01/‎2020, OS build 19042.685, Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  7. Spinning Blue Circle

Spinning Blue Circle: When I click on an app or file, a blue circle starts spinning next to the pointer. Whatever this spinning is doing slows down opening the app or file for seconds and sometimes half a minute or more. Sometimes it turns the screen pale as if it is making a screen print. I asked...
  8. Spinning Blue Circle

Spinning Blue Circle: I have Windows 10 on my relatively new laptop (8 months or so). This dreaded blue spinning circle wasn't always here, it only arrived about 2 months ago but plans to stay I think unless I can figure out how to get rid of it. I've read posts online from others frustrated with...
  9. Spinning blue circle on mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Spinning blue circle on mouse cursor: I have two problems in windows 10 which are likely connected. Today I tried to access my firewall settings to allow a website to be bypassed. When I clicked on "Firewall and network protection" nothing opened up. However, I now have a flashing blue circle on my mouse cursor....
  10. Infamous blue spinning circles

Infamous blue spinning circles: I recently booted up my custom gaming computer to find that my Internet wasn't working. So, I figured out that the problem was that the dependency service failed to start. I followed instructions that said to open an elevated cmd and input the following. net localgroup...