Windows 10: Windows Explorer hangs when going into folders that contain OGG files.

Discus and support Windows Explorer hangs when going into folders that contain OGG files. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As of very recently, I've been having problems going into folders that contain .ogg music files in them. It mostly takes absolute ages to do anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Samey-the-Hedgie, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Windows Explorer hangs when going into folders that contain OGG files.

As of very recently, I've been having problems going into folders that contain .ogg music files in them.

It mostly takes absolute ages to do anything with them, e.g. renaming, moving, deleting, and if it doesn't take absolute ages to rename it, the explorer instead freezes, forcing me to restart it through task manager.

I've took a look online and have seen some 'fixes' but they haven't really helped. I've went into Indexing Options and disabled indexing for ogg files, and I thought it helped a little but it didn't really do anything. Pretty much any help would be appreciated. Windows Explorer hangs when going into folders that contain OGG files. :(

submitted by /u/Samey-the-Hedgie
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Samey-the-Hedgie, Sep 20, 2020

2. .ogg files continuously crash the entire Windows Explorer whenever selected.

Any time I select a .ogg file be it left-click or right-click, the entire Windows Explorer hangs and I have to restart it with Task Manager. Again, this goes for any file in the .ogg format. Sometimes just visiting the folder a .ogg file is enough to crash
    Windows Explorer! Is there a way to fix the issue? Or at the very least delete the .ogg files without File Explorer? Thank you!

JosephWatts1215, Sep 20, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 20, 2020
  4. Sawyer7 Win User

Windows Explorer hangs when going into folders that contain OGG files.

Unable to move .ogg files

It only lists Windows Explorer as a lock, and if I try to run it it says it successfully unlocked however it doesn't fix it.

Strangely though, .ogx files work now, although .oga and .ogg files are still broken.

Sawyer7, Sep 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows Explorer hangs when going into folders that contain OGG files.

1. Windows Explorer hangs when going into folders that contain OGG files. - Similar Threads - Explorer hangs going

2. File Explorer hangs and loads files one by one when open folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer hangs and loads files one by one when open folder: NOTE TO MICROSOFT EMPLOYEES AND INDEPENDENT ADVISORS: I kindly request that you don't reply with a generic copy/pasted wall of text until you've read this entire first post. No disrespect, I just don't want to waste anyone's time with suggestions that I've already tried or...
  3. Windows File Explorer hangs when working with .ogg files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows File Explorer hangs when working with .ogg files: Hey guys; I am at my wit's end tonight after spending nearly the entire day troubleshooting this issue. First, I am running Windows 10 Pro ver 2004 The problem is that when I open a folder containing .ogg music files, the folder will open, and immediately all of the files...
  4. Files in folders hang when clicked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files in folders hang when clicked: Hey, Recently my laptop stopped opening files in any folder. Video music photos PDFs stop opening. When this glitch happens I restart the Laptop and it clears up for a bit. But the glitch will return at random, I can tell because I see the cursor hang with the blue circle...
  5. File explorer hangs when I select a folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer hangs when I select a folder: submitted by /u/Xsus03 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/icznc1/file_explorer_hangs_when_i_select_a_folder/
  6. ogg file

ogg file: I can't delete ogg file which is a tranferred file from my phone to my pc. The name of the file is hangouts_message and hangouts_incoming_call. I would love your generous response : God Bless...
  7. Explorer crashes when viewing a folder that contains .mp3 files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer crashes when viewing a folder that contains .mp3 files: When opening a folder that contains some .mp3 files, the explorer exits almost immediately. The event log has the following: Windows cannot access the file C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_10.20022.11011.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\resources.pri for one of the...
  8. [Crash] OGG files keep hanging/crashing my Windows Explorer!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Crash] OGG files keep hanging/crashing my Windows Explorer!: Most of my local music files are in .mp3 format; but I have a bunch of songs saved as .ogg files in few folders. Whenever I go to those folders, Windows Explorer freezes or crashes half the time. I Google searched the issue and the results mostly talk about freezes happening...
  9. Explorer hangs when opening OneDrive folder

Explorer hangs when opening OneDrive folder: Explorer hangs when opening OneDrive folder. If I start Windows (10) in safe mode then it will open the Onedrive folder fine, but fails to open the file successfully, the associated app will open but fail to load the file. I have done all of the basics such as sfc, dism and...
  10. Explorer not responding/hanging when dragging video files into folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer not responding/hanging when dragging video files into folders: IIRC this is an old bug but I can't remember what the solution is, basically I download a bunch of video files (TS or MKV primarily) and then drag them into a folder where I have a muxing bat file, for some reason explorer is hanging/not responding on certain files since...