Windows 10: Windows Explorer hides a directory

Discus and support Windows Explorer hides a directory in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 11, about 3 weeks since install, more trouble every day.Open Windows Explorer and select drive E. It shows the top level, but, directory Bryan... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by bkelly13, Jun 23, 2022.

1. bkelly13 Win User

Windows Explorer hides a directory

Windows 11, about 3 weeks since install, more trouble every day.Open Windows Explorer and select drive E. It shows the top level, but, directory Bryan is missing.Making this short, opened a command line, change to that drive, do DIR. The directory is present.Copy it to bryan_2. RebootDirectory bryan_2 is shown, but not BryanWhat might I have done to hide that directory? What can be done to show it again?Edit: Use MS Word to navigate to a file to open, it does not show directory Bryan while it does show bryan_2.

:)

bkelly13, Jun 23, 2022

2. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Jun 23, 2022
  3. Directory Size Utility

Change Log v1.5

• New Menu strip(File, Edit, View, Advanced, Help)
    • Removed "About" button and add "About" in Help drop down.
    • File dropdown menu list (Add folder..., Export(Text file, Excel File), Exit)
    • Edit dropdown menu list (Delete file, Delete folder)
    • View dropdown menu list (Detail, Explorer - Beta)
    • Advance dropdown menu list (Check for updates)
    • Help dropdown menu list (About)
    • New multi threaded
    • New "Explorer - Beta" turns the folder list into a Explorer type view.
    • New in the "About" window when hovering over the "Directory Size Utility" changes the text color to blue to show it as a clickable link to the site.

Download Here

Main Screen - New Screen!

Windows Explorer hides a directory Main.jpg

Download Here

Mindweaver, Jun 23, 2022
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

1. Windows Explorer hides a directory - Similar Threads - Explorer hides directory

2. Windows Explorer hides a directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer hides a directory: Windows 11, about 3 weeks since install, more trouble every day.Open Windows Explorer and select drive E. It shows the top level, but, directory Bryan is missing.Making this short, opened a command line, change to that drive, do DIR. The directory is present.Copy it to...
  3. Hide the username in file explorer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hide the username in file explorer: Ok so basically this is a simple one but I somehow coudlnt find a solution to this...How can I hide the full name of my Windows Profile in the upper left corner of the file Explorer? I plan to record some stuff and I dont want people to see my real name...
  4. Explorer Directory

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer Directory: I found this directory accidentaly, does anyone know what it is and where did it come from cause i have not accessed the files listed in this folder on this computer...
  5. Explorer directory path expansion

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer directory path expansion: Does anybody else find it incredibly annoying that on the side bar explorer will show you the full path of the folder you're in? All it does in make you have to scroll down to find items you need. Does anybody know a registry hack or some kind of setting to reverse this...
  6. how to hide explorer menu

how to hide explorer menu: I have too much clutter with explorer. How can I hide explorer menu bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-hide-explorer-menu/6d8b7d17-194d-4a03-848a-99a18e01e60f
  7. Unintentional directory move in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Unintentional directory move in Windows Explorer: Too often I move unintentionnaly a subdirectory with a bad mouse move. Is there any way to avoid this? I would be happy if a subdirectory move in Windows Explorer would only happen after a confirmation click. I use Windows 10, 2004 version. Any idea ? Thanks 162874
  8. Windows Explorer - not 'autorefeshing' file/directory listings

Windows Explorer - not 'autorefeshing' file/directory listings: Windows 10 Pro. This just started today on my office workstation. When I'm in Windows Explorer and create a new file say I compress a directory into a compressed file, using "send to...", the file doesn't show up in the directory listing until I hit F5 to refresh. Same if...
  9. Hide mapped directories

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hide mapped directories: I am unable to see ANY mapped directories when I am in another software trying to access files on my mapped drive. It this a security feature of Windows 10? Thanks...
  10. What is this Windows Explorer item, and is it possible to hide it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What is this Windows Explorer item, and is it possible to hide it?: After much customizing, I have almost got Windows Explorer to what I am used to using. Anyway, does anyone know what the arrows are pointing to in this picture are called, and how I would go about hiding them? Also, is it possible to hide the Libraries? Using the Navigation...