Windows 10: Windows Explorer high 100% CPU usage while playing games

Discus and support Windows Explorer high 100% CPU usage while playing games in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; There is a strange issues with Windows Explorer. While i'm playing Need for speed payback and as soon as I complete the race, enter the garage,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gordeymaslow, May 15, 2019.

1. Windows Explorer high 100% CPU usage while playing games

There is a strange issues with Windows Explorer. While i'm playing Need for speed payback and as soon as I complete the race, enter the garage, teleport etc, the Explorer always goes high CPU. It's getting worse if I play longer time. And on Mirrors Edge, Windows Explorer goes 100% for few seconds, down and up repeatly. Minimize it or switch to another window stops immediately. And as son as i open the game and play, it happens again

I searched around the internet and all says must scan for virus. So i did, scanned for virus including rootkit using Malwarebytes, nothing. Ran scan disk and system repair, nothing. Checked Process Hacker, none of processes attached to Windows Explorer uses high cpu so thats itself that does that.
    Screenshot of task manager Imgur: The magic of the Internet

I tried uninstall Malwarebytes, problem still remain

I don't understand why this is the issue. My PC is running 1809 and was clean installed 4 months ago.

Is there a way to deep check inside Windows Explorer to see what's going on?

Edit: I open Process Explorer, open properties of explorer.exe -> Theads and I see lots of ntdll.dll!RtlReleaseSRWLockExclusive using high CPU usage
    (Screenshot: Imgur: The magic of the Internet)
    What are these and why are they using so much usage while playing game?

:)

gordeymaslow, May 15, 2019

2. high cpu usage

After downloading windows 10, anytime I run any programs, I get high CPU usage. It does not matter whether it is google chrome, task manager, playing games, whatever. Anything seems to spike the CPU usage. I have already run malwarbytes and my antivirus
    programs and find no viruses. Any suggestions? Thanks.

JanMcCoy_827, May 15, 2019
  3. MSuser89 Win User
    very high cpu and memory usage when playing games

very high cpu and memory usage when playing games. I have recently change mobo and cpu.

MSuser89, May 15, 2019
  4. Windows Explorer high 100% CPU usage while playing games

Windows Explorer high CPU Usage in Windows 10

Hi Andrew,

Usually, too many background processes can boost your CPU usage. Since you already disabled the apps that are not necessary on startup,
    we suggest checking the applications running once you have successfully boot Windows 10. To do this, simply follow the steps below:

• Click on the Start button and type Task Manager on the search box.
    • On the Task Manager window, you should see the programs running.
    • Click on the More details drop-down button to see the total number of apps running and their real-time CPU usage.

From there, you should see what applications are running on high CPU usage. You can also
    restart the Windows Management Instrumentation service and see if your CPU performance will improve. Follow the instructions below to restart the service:

• Click on the Start button and type Services.
    • Scroll down the list and look for Windows Management Instrumentation.
    • Right click on it and select Restart.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, May 15, 2019
Thema:

Windows Explorer high 100% CPU usage while playing games

1. Windows Explorer high 100% CPU usage while playing games - Similar Threads - Explorer high 100%

2. cpu usage stuck at 100 while playing fortnite

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cpu usage stuck at 100 while playing fortnite: I have an intel i7-10700f and a msi 4060 and 16gb ram and i been playing Fortnite for about 2 years now on pc and i have started to notice stuttering in games and fps stutters where i have like 200 fps and drop down to 120 and it happens throughout the whole game and its...
  3. cpu usage stuck at 100 while playing fortnite

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cpu usage stuck at 100 while playing fortnite: I have an intel i7-10700f and a msi 4060 and 16gb ram and i been playing Fortnite for about 2 years now on pc and i have started to notice stuttering in games and fps stutters where i have like 200 fps and drop down to 120 and it happens throughout the whole game and its...
  4. Sudden high cpu usage while playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden high cpu usage while playing games.: Recently I noticed that my cpu usage has been too high, reaching about 60-100% in games, while my gpu is sometimes lower 60-80% usage, the cpu temp has gone at around a max of 70 degrees celsius, after around an hour in battlefield 4, 14 minutes in mad max, and around half an...
  5. Sudden high cpu usage while playing games.

Sudden high cpu usage while playing games.: Recently I noticed that my cpu usage has been too high, reaching about 60-100% in games, while my gpu is sometimes lower 60-80% usage, the cpu temp has gone at around a max of 70 degrees celsius, after around an hour in battlefield 4, 14 minutes in mad max, and around half an...
  6. Sudden high gpu usage while playing games.

Sudden high gpu usage while playing games.: Recently I noticed that my cpu usage has been too high, reaching about 60-100% in games, while my gpu is sometimes lower 60-80% usage, the cpu temp has gone at around a max of 70 degrees celsius, after around an hour in battlefield 4, 14 minutes in mad max, and around half an...
  7. high CPU usage by Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    high CPU usage by Windows Explorer: Hi, I was looking through the performance of my new msi laptop, and noticed Windows Explorer was using almost the same, if not more CPU than fusion360. Even with all apps closed and at idle, the program is still using up to 17% cpu. I've looked up causes for this, and one...
  8. Windows Explorer high 100% CPU usage while playing games

Windows Explorer high 100% CPU usage while playing games: There is a strange issues with Windows Explorer. While i'm playing Need for speed payback and as soon as I complete the race, enter the garage, teleport etc, the Explorer always goes high CPU. It's getting worse if I play longer time. And on Mirrors Edge, Windows Explorer...
  9. Windows Explorer high 100% CPU usage while playing games

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer high 100% CPU usage while playing games: There is a strange issues with Windows Explorer. While i'm playing Need for speed payback and as soon as I complete the race, enter the garage, teleport etc, the Explorer always goes high CPU. It's getting worse if I play longer time. And on Mirrors Edge, Windows Explorer...
  10. 100% CPU USAGE WHILE PLAYING ANY GAME (i5 8500)

100% CPU USAGE WHILE PLAYING ANY GAME (i5 8500): my specs: Intel Core i5 8500 GeForce GTX 1060 Dual O6G, 6GB GDDR5 GIGABYTE Z370P D3-CF Mainboard 16GB DDR4 RAM Dual Channel Im getting 100% cpu usage on every game i play. i get stutters and my mouse feels weird in game. nothing i searched helped me...