Windows 10: Windows Explorer High Memory Usage

Discus and support Windows Explorer High Memory Usage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Why does my Windows Explorer consumes about 160-300 MB even in the background from the point of booting my computer to shutting it down. The problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DevenKulkarni1, Oct 3, 2021.

1. Windows Explorer High Memory Usage

Why does my Windows Explorer consumes about 160-300 MB even in the background from the point of booting my computer to shutting it down. The problem has been there since I purchased the laptop HP-15 2019 version. I tried clearing my temp files, clearing the indexed files, etc. Nothing works.I could have tolerated it using so much memory if it had performed better. But it is very, VERY slow at opening folders. Can I please get some help?Device Specifications:Memory: 12 GB 2400 MHzStorage: 1 TB HDDCPU: AMD Ryzen 3 2200UWindows 10 21H1

:)

DevenKulkarni1, Oct 3, 2021

2. System and compressed memory high disk usage

Hi Robert,

As you are facing issues with high system and compressed memory on your device we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the complete error message with respect to the memory when you are trying to access games?

This issue might have occurred due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 3, 2021
  3. Windows Explorer high memory usage windows 10 pro

We suggest that you check the resolution provided by Abdul_Malik to resolve issues with high memory usage in Windows 10 on this

link

Let us know how it goes.

Nathaniel Mon, Oct 3, 2021
  4. Windows Explorer High Memory Usage

System and Compressed Memory High Disk Usage

Hi Yousef,

As you are facing issues with high system memory usage on your PC, we will help you with this issue.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with CPU usage by the processes on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

These issues might occur due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

I suggest you to refer to the below post check if your issue matches with the same.

If so, I recommend you to try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Amarjeet Paul
    and check if it helps.

System and compressed memory high disk usage during file
    copy

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 3, 2021
Thema:

Windows Explorer High Memory Usage

1. Windows Explorer High Memory Usage - Similar Threads - Explorer High Memory

2. Windows Explorer High CPU and Memory Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer High CPU and Memory Usage: Hello,I'm encountering a persistent problem with Windows Explorer where it exhibits high CPU and memory usage whenever I attempt to open a folder with a size exceeding 30 GB. Despite my best efforts, I have tried numerous troubleshooting steps, including disk cleanup, disk...
  3. Windows Explorer High CPU and Memory Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer High CPU and Memory Usage: Hello,I'm encountering a persistent problem with Windows Explorer where it exhibits high CPU and memory usage whenever I attempt to open a folder with a size exceeding 30 GB. Despite my best efforts, I have tried numerous troubleshooting steps, including disk cleanup, disk...
  4. Windows Explorer High CPU and Memory Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. high memory usage by file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    high memory usage by file explorer: file explorer is taking 3300mb ram for no reason, normally it takes 60mbs, but 3gb is a lot, i normally play minecraft at 500fps, now whenever file explorer takes 3gb ram it goes to 20, thats literally in any game not just minecraft, but file explorer doesnt take any memory...
  6. high memory usage by file explorer

high memory usage by file explorer: file explorer is taking 3300mb ram for no reason, normally it takes 60mbs, but 3gb is a lot, i normally play minecraft at 500fps, now whenever file explorer takes 3gb ram it goes to 20, thats literally in any game not just minecraft, but file explorer doesnt take any memory...
  7. File Explorer High to Extreme Memory usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer High to Extreme Memory usage: File Explorer consumes about 160-400 MB in the background from the point of booting my computer to shutting it down. The problem has been there since I purchased the laptop HP-15 2019 version. I tried clearing my temp files, clearing the indexed files, etc. I have scanned my...
  8. File Explorer High to Extreme Memory usage

File Explorer High to Extreme Memory usage: File Explorer consumes about 160-400 MB in the background from the point of booting my computer to shutting it down. The problem has been there since I purchased the laptop HP-15 2019 version. I tried clearing my temp files, clearing the indexed files, etc. I have scanned my...
  9. File Explorer High to Extreme Memory usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Windows Explorer High CPU and Increasing Memory Usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Explorer High CPU and Increasing Memory Usage: Hi, I have an issue with my clean 1809 install (and also it happened before the clean install, and i decided to try a clean one due to it). After a few minutes, the Windows Explorer process starts increasing its memory usage and also CPU is around 10%; i'm up to 2gb usage...