Windows 10: Windows explorer highlight color problem

Discus and support Windows explorer highlight color problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey guys, For some time my windows explorer highlight was basically nonexistent. [ATTACH] For example, in this image the desktop folder should be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mihai_-_, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Mihai_-_ Win User

Windows explorer highlight color problem

Hey guys,

For some time my windows explorer highlight was basically nonexistent.

Windows explorer highlight color problem a0bdbe0f-66b4-4d39-8efa-575143acbddd?upload=true.png

For example, in this image the desktop folder should be selected, but you can barely see it. At the beginning i had a gray color (which i think is default), but after some time, it simply changed.

I've tried the following:

• Restart windows explorer
    • Turn on high contrast mode(it sort of worked, but i what to be the same way as in the begining)

I have windows up-to-date .

This problem is also in excel(where i can't see the lines at all because they have a very light color), so i suspect it is something from the registry.

I

wonder if any of you guys knows how to fix this, any help will be appreciated!

:)

Mihai_-_, Jan 22, 2019

2. How to change the highlight color properly / permanently?

Hi folks.

I'm trying to change the highlight color Win10 is using to highlight text and other objects.

As far as I could figure it out, the default value is (r0 g120 b215), the "standard Win10 blue", which is stored in the registry here:

• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors\Hilight

Editing this key can be done manually or by using third party tools (e.g. "Classic Color Panel" from WinTools), changes take effect after restarting the Windows explorer - so far so good.

Now comes the strange part: The old/default color comes back after a user is logged off and on again, or after the system was hibernated. After rebooting the modified color is there again.

This problem occurs/occurred so far in all version (build 1507 to 1709) and editions (home and pro).

Any suggestions how to change the highlight color properly (and permanently)?

Greets,

Alucard

Alucard van Blood, Jan 22, 2019
  3. GSquadron Win User
    How to change Windows 7 highlight color

I was wondering if there is a way to change windows 7 highlight color

GSquadron, Jan 22, 2019
  4. DRDNA Win User

DRDNA, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows explorer highlight color problem - Similar Threads - explorer highlight color

2. Highlight Color in a CAD program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Highlight Color in a CAD program: How can I change the color of the navy blue highlight shown in the screencaps below? This is occurring in my WIN10 PC. My WIN10 laptop shares the same color settings as the PC but the blue is lighter and allows me to see the tickbox. I tried modifying but not too in-depth for...
  3. Highlight Color in a CAD program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Highlight Color in a CAD program: How can I change the color of the navy blue highlight shown in the screencaps below? This is occurring in my WIN10 PC. My WIN10 laptop shares the same color settings as the PC but the blue is lighter and allows me to see the tickbox. I tried modifying but not too in-depth for...
  4. Highlight Color in a CAD program

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. [Windows 10] Highlighted items in Outlook and explorer don't change color.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Windows 10] Highlighted items in Outlook and explorer don't change color.: I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2 19042.2251. I recently changed my display configuration from 3 monitors down to two larger monitors, a Viewsonic, and an older Dell. When I opened Outlook this morning, I discovered that I could no longer select emails, or rather I could...
  6. [Windows 10] Highlighted items in Outlook and explorer don't change color.

[Windows 10] Highlighted items in Outlook and explorer don't change color.: I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise 20H2 19042.2251. I recently changed my display configuration from 3 monitors down to two larger monitors, a Viewsonic, and an older Dell. When I opened Outlook this morning, I discovered that I could no longer select emails, or rather I could...
  7. [Windows 10] Highlighted items in Outlook and explorer don't change color.

8. Color of highlighted cursor

Color of highlighted cursor: How to change color of highlighted cursor row in the "File Explorer"? The default colors are not very visible to me. I need a yellow background and a black text. See picture below... [ATTACH]...
  9. Powershell ISE highlight color

Powershell ISE highlight color: How to change the highlight color of Powershell ISE console window? 160462
  10. Change Windows 10 File Explorer items Highlight colors

Change Windows 10 File Explorer items Highlight colors: When I open File Explorer in Windows 10, using the dark theme, I want the colors of highlighted items to be different. Previous versions of Windows allowed much more granular customization of environmental items. Those options seem to be gone. When I click on an item in a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change highlighting color on folder selection windows 10 in file explorer?