Windows 10: Windows Explorer: how to prevent the % from going up when not in use?

Discus and support Windows Explorer: how to prevent the % from going up when not in use? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there: I have an issue that is bugging me. Under See which apps are affecting your battery life, I noticed the % for Windows Explorer keeps going... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PaulPChou, Feb 14, 2020.

1. PaulPChou Win User

Windows Explorer: how to prevent the % from going up when not in use?

Hi there:

I have an issue that is bugging me.

Under See which apps are affecting your battery life, I noticed the % for Windows Explorer keeps going up by 1%. It was at 10%. It went up to 11%. Then, I ended Windows Explorer task and created a new task. Why is it going up by 1% every time? How can I prevent it from happening? That was then. I did the memory diagnostic. It went from 14% down to 10%. Now, it is back up to 13%. I was doing the turn of indexing. It uses Windows Explorer. That is why it went up to 13%.

I've heard that when file explorer is not open, it will still be running. How can I prevent that from happening? How can I get the % of Windows Explorer to drop down? A screenshot of the setting. My device is plugged in right now. So, it won't go up. Windows Explorer: how to prevent the % from going up when not in use? 6b29e1bd-6f04-43bd-a160-2bf18f94ff38?upload=true.jpg

:)

PaulPChou, Feb 14, 2020

2. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 14, 2020
  4. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows Explorer: how to prevent the % from going up when not in use? wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

Thema:

1. Windows Explorer: how to prevent the % from going up when not in use? - Similar Threads - Explorer prevent going

2. How to prevent my monitor from going to sleep when I switch it off? Using multiple displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent my monitor from going to sleep when I switch it off? Using multiple displays: I'm currently using a dual monitor setupOn my left monitor there are several productivity icons and my taskbarOn my right monitor is where I usually do my work, and thus there are only a few iconsI keep my PC and right monitor on all the time, as I receive work-related...
  3. How to prevent my monitor from going to sleep when I switch it off? Using multiple displays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent my monitor from going to sleep when I switch it off? Using multiple displays: I'm currently using a dual monitor setupOn my left monitor there are several productivity icons and my taskbarOn my right monitor is where I usually do my work, and thus there are only a few iconsI keep my PC and right monitor on all the time, as I receive work-related...
  4. How to prevent Windows11 from going to sleep when video is playing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent Windows11 from going to sleep when video is playing?: My laptop automatically goes to sleep after x number of minutes, depending on what I set x to be, regardless of whether a video is playing. This new Windows "feature" appears to have been introduced with Windows11. Previously, the OS would not sleep if the user was actively...
  5. How to prevent Windows11 from going to sleep when video is playing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to prevent Windows11 from going to sleep when video is playing?: My laptop automatically goes to sleep after x number of minutes, depending on what I set x to be, regardless of whether a video is playing. This new Windows "feature" appears to have been introduced with Windows11. Previously, the OS would not sleep if the user was actively...
  6. app preventing windows from going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    app preventing windows from going to sleep: hi all, i use an app called ISPY to monitor cameras on my cctv dvr, now the problem is, this app is meant to be used as a server. I don't use it as such and would like to disable the ability it has to not let the PC sleep. is there a way I can disable "wake" for some app and...
  7. How to prevent windows from using my bandwidth?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to prevent windows from using my bandwidth?: Windows seems to be using my connection constantly for updates/telemetry or something else. Already did those: I checked windows update and it says i already have lastest updates installed. Already set a metered connection Disabled telemetry services Set group policy to...
  8. How to prevent windows from tracking up time?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to prevent windows from tracking up time?: https://i.imgur.com/0epNSpQ.png 142861
  9. How to prevent external HDD from going to sleep?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to prevent external HDD from going to sleep?: I have four external hard disks connected to my laptop either directly or through a USB hub. I have searched the issue that I'm asking about, but I have not found a definitive answer. The most common solution appears to be to use a program to write a small file to each hard...
  10. Prevent File Explorer from starting up when I create a new file

in Windows 10 Support
    Prevent File Explorer from starting up when I create a new file: Using Total Commander mostly. Example: Downloaded a zip file, right clicked on it and selected Extract All from context menu. A new folder was created and Explorer started immediately with the new folder. I don't harbor a grudge against File Explorer but one file manager...