Windows 10: windows explorer icon on taskbar

Discus and support windows explorer icon on taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The windows explorer icon (allowing safe removal of thumb drives, etc.) has disappeared from my taskbar, even though in settings it shows that it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Vera MarieBadertscher, Apr 27, 2019.

1. windows explorer icon on taskbar

The windows explorer icon (allowing safe removal of thumb drives, etc.) has disappeared from my taskbar, even though in settings it shows that it is on.

:)

Vera MarieBadertscher, Apr 27, 2019
  2. btarunr Win User

Help!, windows taskbar disapeared!!!

Try Ctrl+Esc.

If Recycle Bin is the only icon you can see, open it, from the explorer window navigate to Control Panel and find Taskbar settings there.

btarunr, Apr 27, 2019
  3. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Apr 27, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

windows explorer icon on taskbar

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Apr 27, 2019
Thema:

windows explorer icon on taskbar

1. windows explorer icon on taskbar - Similar Threads - explorer icon taskbar

2. Windows 11 File Explorer taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File Explorer taskbar icon: GreetingsHow can I make Windows 11 File Explorer taskbar icon display its current directory, as Windows 10 does? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-file-explorer-taskbar-icon/36b57a65-15a7-4dd3-a52d-e60c0b2f4ab3
  3. Windows 11 File Explorer taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 File Explorer taskbar icon: GreetingsHow can I make Windows 11 File Explorer taskbar icon display its current directory, as Windows 10 does? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-file-explorer-taskbar-icon/36b57a65-15a7-4dd3-a52d-e60c0b2f4ab3
  4. Windows Explorer and Taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer and Taskbar icons: I got a problem with windows 11 after the latest update where all icons on the taskbar are hidden and all app not working correctly and I should wait about 5 min or less then open Task manager and the trying ending Explorer.exe and reopen it through Task manager and all...
  5. Windows Explorer and Taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer and Taskbar icons: I got a problem with windows 11 after the latest update where all icons on the taskbar are hidden and all app not working correctly and I should wait about 5 min or less then open Task manager and the trying ending Explorer.exe and reopen it through Task manager and all...
  6. Taskbar icons for File Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar icons for File Explorer: I've always kept File Explorer (Windows Explorer) pinned to my taskbar, and the familiar 'folder' icon made it quick and easy to find and click. With Windows 10, this icon now changes, depending on what kind of folder I'm looking through. For example, if I'm looking at my...
  7. Windows Explorer taskbar icon issue.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer taskbar icon issue.: Just set Windows 10 up and i'm looking to make a few modifications. One that's bugging me is this. When you open Windows Explorer, the built in file/system browser, in Windows 7 and earlier, the icon for the window button that appears on the taskbar always showed a tan file...
  8. File Explorer icon on TASKBAR

in Windows 10 Customization
    File Explorer icon on TASKBAR: I clicked "something" and the File Explorer icon has disappeared. Can't find how to reactivate and pin it to the taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-icon-on-taskbar/aa43e35f-8e49-4f9f-b66b-7465e1862762
  9. Windows Explorer Taskbar Icons - local vs network folder icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer Taskbar Icons - local vs network folder icons: I work a lot on network drives through a VPN, but keep large files on my computer (local drive). Often I have two folders with the same name - one local and one network - but it is never clear which is which without opening the window. Is there any way to change the icon for...
  10. file explorer icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    file explorer icon on taskbar: My "file explorer icon" has disappeared from my taskbar. don't know how or when. where do I find it or how do I put it back there? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/file-explorer-icon-on-taskbar/393db9be-718c-4052-92b0-e76ac3d3052c