Windows 10: Windows Explorer icons

Discus and support Windows Explorer icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, First time user. I installed a second HHD in my Dell desktop and assigned a letter D: to it. I moved all my docs and pictures and music and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Holiday, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Holiday Win User

Windows Explorer icons

Hi All,
    First time user.
    I installed a second HHD in my Dell desktop and assigned a letter D: to it. I moved all my docs and pictures and music and left only windows and applications on the c:\ drive. Now, in windows explorer I see two D:\ drives. One shows as D:\ with a download arrow in front and the other shows as (DWindows Explorer icons :) DATA. See attachment.
    They both have Desktop folders many folders and files duplicate but they are not identical. What can I do to keepe only one of them.
    I am using Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
    Thank you

:)

Holiday, Nov 20, 2020

2. Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Nov 20, 2020
  3. wolf2009 Win User
    How to make vista display same icon size for all opened folders in explorer ?

i dont think this answers the question , how do i make all icons in all folders appear "Large Icons" .

thx tho .

wolf2009, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Windows Explorer icons

Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Windows Explorer icons

1. Windows Explorer icons - Similar Threads - Explorer icons

2. Icons to Pictures in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons to Pictures in File Explorer: In Windows 10 20H2 OS Build 19042.630 and in File Explorer I would like to see the actual pictures and not just the icons when I open a folder that has either some form of jpeg or video. Ive tried to look through the Tutorials and cannot seem to find the correct one to fix...
  3. Change the icon of Default Program - Within Explorer!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change the icon of Default Program - Within Explorer!: For working on project, currently I am using a special default program for opening .zip files - it is a program for easy-previewing of pictures from .zip files! Can I change this icon it is now giving me from using the program, and now is being put over every .zip file on my...
  4. Is there any app or method that would let me customize the icons in windows explorers...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there any app or method that would let me customize the icons in windows explorers...: [ATTACH] I wanted to see if there is any app or method that would let me customize these icons in windows explorers status bar. https://preview.redd.it/1zv9f8bs4c161.png?width=1608&format=png&auto=webp&s=323cf4c0b394a38b6333b71c284dd14001dc813b submitted by...
  5. Is there a way to hide the file or folders icon displayed in windows explorer's detail pane?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to hide the file or folders icon displayed in windows explorer's detail pane?: [ATTACH] I wanted to see if theres any method or app to hide the file or folders icon displayed in windows explorers detail pane. Here's a picture to show what I mean. I want windows not to show the icon of a file or folder in the details pane submitted by...
  6. make Large Icon the default in Windows 10 File explorer

make Large Icon the default in Windows 10 File explorer: Hello, I would like to make Large Icon the default view mode in Windows 10 File Explorer. And I have tried these steps: 1 Open File Explorer 2 Open a folder and on the Home Tab, in the Layout section, choose Large Icons or whatever is your preferred view 3 Then click the...
  7. Keep Explorer Icon a plain folder at all times in the taskbar

Keep Explorer Icon a plain folder at all times in the taskbar: I find it very annoying that the icon for Explorer in my taskbar changes depending on what folder I am in. No other application that I know of does this. Regardless if I am in documents, downloads, my music, etc, I always want the Explorer app to appear as a default plain...
  8. Windows Explorer taskbar icon issue.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer taskbar icon issue.: Just set Windows 10 up and i'm looking to make a few modifications. One that's bugging me is this. When you open Windows Explorer, the built in file/system browser, in Windows 7 and earlier, the icon for the window button that appears on the taskbar always showed a tan file...
  9. How to delete thumnail tab edge chromium in "explorer icon" ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delete thumnail tab edge chromium in "explorer icon" ?: Hello, Since I upgraded to the 20H2 version (19042.572) I realized that there was something strange. Edge Chromium browser tabs appear in the thumbnail of the Windows Explorer icon. [ATTACH] Is there an option to disable this feature? Thank you. :) 167225
  10. pdf files on desktop or in open Explorer windows cause Windows icons to flash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pdf files on desktop or in open Explorer windows cause Windows icons to flash: This is a repeat problem: When there is a .pdf file on my desktop or in an open Windows Explorer window, any visible icons flash i.e. in the folder, taskbar, etc.. In addition, CPU and power usage byWindows Explorer is extremely high. I previously diagnosed this to be...