Windows 10: Windows explorer in Windows 10 not loading up; finally shows a BSoD

Discus and support Windows explorer in Windows 10 not loading up; finally shows a BSoD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, After I login to windows 10, windows explorer doesn't load. In fact nothing does. Moving the mouse even a little, makes the 'loading wheel' to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sangram.takmoge, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Windows explorer in Windows 10 not loading up; finally shows a BSoD

Hello, After I login to windows 10, windows explorer doesn't load. In fact nothing does. Moving the mouse even a little, makes the 'loading wheel' to start rolling. This most probably happened after recent restart after automatic OTA windows 10 update. It finally shows a BSoD. BSoD errors are varying.
    e.g. Stop code : kmode exception not handled, IRQL not less or equal, etc.
    After many failed attempts, I could somehow use task manager to run regedit.exe as admin, only to see that the winNT>winlogon>shell value was already set to explorer.exe. Task manager cpu shows 100% usage. Just like regedit.exe, later I also ran explorer.exe from task manager, to no avail as it too went to BSoD after showing error pop-up: Server execution failed.
    Later, after doing a restart while pressing F2 key, in advanced troubleshooting options> system restore, initially, didn't show any system restore points, as it said 'You need to login with administrator privilege'.
    Later trying again, restore point worked. So, after I unlocked my bitlocker protected harddrives with recovery codes from Microsoft.com, it showed 2 restore points but restore failed with 'the parameter is incorrect' error for both of them; still later, it now shows only one restore point but fails with same error too.
    Earlier SFC.exe run using command prompt, was done 100%, but it too errored out with: windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation.
    Yet earlier, Safe mode with networking showed Windows 10 Build 17134.rs4_release.180410-1804
    Here in Safe mode too, It was no use trying to use system restore.
    I can provide the photos for each of these errors.

Update:

Advanced troubleshooting reboot into command line starts (after asking bitlocker key) as X:/Windows i.e. Boot drive. C: drive is something else. On the boot drive, dir command listing hidden files didn't find memory.dmp file. Repair command too isn't recognised as internal or external one. Could this be bitlocker issue? Thanks for looking into this..

I have these details, if it's relevant:
    Its Lenovo ideapad z580
    BIOS VERSION: 5FCN34WW
    CPU: i7-3612QM 2.10 ghz
    RAM: 16 gb
    Windows 10 Build 17134.rs4_release.180410-1804
    1 tb HDD is bitlocker protected.

Troubleshooting command mode did not help either:

X:/Windows > dir -s -h -r /s /d *.dmp did not return anything

At this point I'm not sure what can be done, I just don't yet want to reset windows, lest I lose all my apps and settings. Please guide.

:)

sangram.takmoge, Oct 10, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 10, 2018
  3. mixa Win User
    Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows explorer in Windows 10 not loading up; finally shows a BSoD wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

4. Windows explorer in Windows 10 not loading up; finally shows a BSoD

Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

Windows explorer in Windows 10 not loading up; finally shows a BSoD

1. Windows explorer in Windows 10 not loading up; finally shows a BSoD - Similar Threads - explorer loading finally

2. Linux not showing up in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Linux not showing up in Windows Explorer: I was going to do my reanalysis for Hurricane Sandra of 1985 but I couldn't find Linux in Windows Explorer and that's where the data for the storm is located in can someone help....
  3. Linux not showing up in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Linux not showing up in Windows Explorer: I was going to do my reanalysis for Hurricane Sandra of 1985 but I couldn't find Linux in Windows Explorer and that's where the data for the storm is located in can someone help....
  4. Video thumbnails not showing up in Windows Explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video thumbnails not showing up in Windows Explorer.: So I've been having this problem for several months now..One day some of my video thumbnails weren't showing, so I deleted the thumbnail cache, and then they were all gone and never returned. It was like Windows lost the ability to create thumbnails for videos, and as I moved...
  5. Windows loading Circle Doesn't show up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows loading Circle Doesn't show up: Hello everyone! I have just upgraded my computer's ram to 16GB from 8GB. But after (Before working fine with 8GB) updating the computer keeps showing the Windows 10 icon but not the circle that shows loading and after few restart the computer goes to Preparing Automatic...
  6. Microsoft finally fixes broken File Explorer on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft finally fixes broken File Explorer on Windows 10: Windows 10’s November 2019 Update, also known as version 1909, is a service pack like-update with fixes and improvements, but even the November 2019 Update isn’t perfect for many consumers. Many people are seeing annoying problems with File Explorer’s search box after...
  7. Microsoft is finally working a modern Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is finally working a modern Windows 10 File Explorer: In the past few years, Microsoft focused a little bit more on updating the existing experience of traditional File Explorer. Windows 10 November 2019 Update, for example, will make significant improvements to the File Explorer’s built-in search functionality. Similarly, the...
  8. loading up windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    loading up windows 10: I'm not sure exactly what happened with my laptop but I will try and explain my issue as best as I can, I purchased a refurbished laptop from a website I used in the past back in May this year, when it arrived I followed the instructions on how to start windows 10 and for the...
  9. Windows explorer in Windows 10 not loading up; finally shows a BSoD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows explorer in Windows 10 not loading up; finally shows a BSoD: Hello, After I login to windows 10, windows explorer doesn't load. In fact nothing does. Moving the mouse even a little, makes the 'loading wheel' to start rolling. This most probably happened after recent restart after automatic OTA windows 10 update. It finally shows a...
  10. Windows explorer in Windows 10 not loading up; finally shows a BSoD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows explorer in Windows 10 not loading up; finally shows a BSoD: Hello, After I login to windows 10, windows explorer doesn't load. In fact nothing does. Moving the mouse even a little, makes the 'loading wheel' to start rolling. This most probably happened after recent restart after automatic OTA windows 10 update. It finally shows a...