Windows 10: Windows explorer is behaving very strange

Discus and support Windows explorer is behaving very strange in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; A few weeks ago I started having problems with the explorer. One day it started lagging a lot, freezing and stuff. Then, every time I selected a file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlexLaredo, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Windows explorer is behaving very strange

A few weeks ago I started having problems with the explorer. One day it started lagging a lot, freezing and stuff. Then, every time I selected a file it would completely freeze but not showing "Not responding". Later, I stopped having this problem but after a few days I had it again. Now it just freezes, most of the time it doesn't open, when I open file from a program it freezes and I can't use the program either, because the windows is stuck, it freezes when I click anything, it lags in general and it slows down my computer when I try to use it. Overall, I just have perfomance problems with it.

I've tried everything. I restarted my computer, I hard reset it many times, I did the sfc /scannow and dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth, I checked for viruses, I killed explorer.exe, but nothing works. It may be because it's already 3 years old but my other computers don't have this problem.

It's very annoying, at least not all the time the open file freezes, but everytime I want to open something, I have to open a program, open a file, and right clicking from there. I'm worried because I might need to start backing up files and this is annoying to do that.

:)

AlexLaredo, Dec 12, 2020

2. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Dec 12, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 12, 2020
  4. Windows explorer is behaving very strange

Keyboard behaves strange on windows 10

Hi.

I'm using Windows 10 and today I noticed that when I press the alt button it behaves very strange. For example when I press alt button when chrome is active windows first time it types "\ g" and in address bar activates google search. Second time I press alt
    button it writes "0\ " band makes chrome full screen. If I press the alt button two times in row it opens a Ctrl+alt+delete menu, but when I press Ctrl+alt+delete system doesn't react. Sometimes it opens a new chrome windows or opens "Save as..." dialog box.

When I click on desktop and press left alt button start menu opens, but right alt button does nothing.

When i press left alt button on "File Explorer" sometimes it opens Ctrl+alt+delete menu, sometimes makes "File Explorer" full screen, when pressing the right one steps on folders, or opens new "File Explorer" window.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards Andranik

AndranikAghabekyan, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

Windows explorer is behaving very strange

1. Windows explorer is behaving very strange - Similar Threads - explorer behaving very

2. My file explorer is running very slowly, behaving strangely, and when I try to open image...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My file explorer is running very slowly, behaving strangely, and when I try to open image...: So starting today, my File Explorer has started running slowly and acting strangely. It is displaying a lot of thumbnails for images and videos as blank/white and when I try to open image files, it freezes completely. I have tried everything I can find to try to fix it myself...
  3. My file explorer is running very slowly, behaving strangely, and when I try to open image...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My file explorer is running very slowly, behaving strangely, and when I try to open image...: So starting today, my File Explorer has started running slowly and acting strangely. It is displaying a lot of thumbnails for images and videos as blank/white and when I try to open image files, it freezes completely. I have tried everything I can find to try to fix it myself...
  4. My file explorer is running very slowly, behaving strangely, and when I try to open image...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 terminal behaving strangely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 terminal behaving strangely: Windows 11 terminal keeps writing this non stop then goes away automatically and starts again in a bit, MATPE 25932 with x = 4 A[0]= A[1] A[2] = A[3] = A[4] = A[S] = PX+1-PX = 612 with x = 1 10284 with x = 3 25932 with x = 4...
  6. Windows 11 terminal behaving strangely

Windows 11 terminal behaving strangely: Windows 11 terminal keeps writing this non stop then goes away automatically and starts again in a bit, MATPE 25932 with x = 4 A[0]= A[1] A[2] = A[3] = A[4] = A[S] = PX+1-PX = 612 with x = 1 10284 with x = 3 25932 with x = 4...
  7. Windows Mail behaves strangely?

Windows Mail behaves strangely?: Hi, I use windows mail but over time it's got weirder and weirder! I use Win Insider build 21277. 1 Sometimes when I start the app it close unexpected 2 I can't add more than 2 google accounts Please help me! Poul Erik Rasmussen...
  8. Windows 10 Calculator behaves strange!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Calculator behaves strange!!!: I just found out something strange regarding the windows 10 calculator and am posting a video regarding it: https://youtu.be/JLMJXajzkw0 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-calculator-behaves-strange/ce0ecd87-6fc4-4c59-8b8c-f1b182fc8ac2
  9. Windows everything is behaving strangely.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows everything is behaving strangely.: So after installing a Windows 10 update, my computer started behaving strangely. Namely, the taskbar is unresponsive, all my applications on it are gone, and it literally doesn't work. The start menu, wifi, and other utilities wont open and they won't even be highlighted when...
  10. Left Shift Behaving Strangely

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left Shift Behaving Strangely: hi, I have a Asus VivoBook s15 510UA that i purchased 7 months back. But from the last 1 week i am having a really strange issue with my K/B. let me explain this a bit. this Laptop doesn't have any number pad/ numeric key set. So when i am talking about number keys i am...