Windows 10: Windows Explorer is in High Contrast Mode and cannot be changed

Discus and support Windows Explorer is in High Contrast Mode and cannot be changed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am running WIndows-10 Pro version 2004. I experimented with Display High Contrast then cancelled it. All programs went back to normal display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GavrielRaanan, Jul 21, 2020.

1. Windows Explorer is in High Contrast Mode and cannot be changed

I am running WIndows-10 Pro version 2004.

I experimented with Display High Contrast then cancelled it.

All programs went back to normal display colors but Windows Explorer remained in Hi Contrast and whatever I do it remains so. I restarted the application' restarted the computer, set High Contrast on and off, but Windows Explorer remains in High Contrast.

Anybody can help me to restore Windows Explorer to normal colors?

:)

GavrielRaanan, Jul 21, 2020

2. File Explorer Selective High Contrast mode

Hello Kacson, my name is Paul one of the community experts. I am sorry that you are having issues with your visual settings that is stuck in High Contrast Mode.

Kindly try these steps to check if it can resolve the issue.

Way 1: Turn High Contrast off via keyboard shortcut.

Press left Shift+left Alt+Print Screen to instantly turn it off.

Way 2: Turn off High Contrast through changing the theme.

Step 1: Enter theme in the search box and click Change the theme in the result.

Step 2: Choose a new theme from the offered themes excluding the High Contrast themes.

Way 3: Turn High Contrast off in High contrast settings.

Step 1: Type high contrast in the search box and tap High contrast settings in the result.

Step 2: Click the High Contrast theme (i.e. High Contrast #1, High Contrast #2, High Contrast Black or High Contrast White), choose None in the pop-up list and then hit Apply.

Please let me know if that above information's helped or not.

Regards,

Paul_Mykel, Jul 21, 2020
  3. High Contrast Mode in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to apply the changes from the settings option in Windows 10 and check if it helps.

1) Type High contrast settings in the search box and then click on High Contrast settings.

2) In the right pane select the level of contrast choose a theme and check.

I also recommend you to update the graphic drivers of the computer and check if it helps.

• Open Device Manager.

• Expand ‘Display Adapter’.

• Locate the display driver.

• Right-click on the display card listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’
    Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jul 21, 2020
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

Windows Explorer is in High Contrast Mode and cannot be changed

High Contrast Mode

Hi Jordan,

If you cannot see anything from your screen, you can try to use the keyboard shortcut to turn off high contrast mode. To do this, press the
    left Alt + left Shift +
    Print Screen.

For more information about High contrast mode, please refer to this support article:
    Turn high contrast mode on or off in Windows.

Please update us with results for further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Jul 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows Explorer is in High Contrast Mode and cannot be changed

1. Windows Explorer is in High Contrast Mode and cannot be changed - Similar Threads - Explorer High Contrast

2. high contrast mode, file explorer navigation issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    high contrast mode, file explorer navigation issues.: Hello all,I am having trouble with the high contrast mode, when turned on File explorer navigation partially adjusted. The upper bar adjusts, but the navigation part stays unchanged.When changing Default App Mode from light to dark it work fine, but when turning on high...
  3. high contrast mode, file explorer navigation issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    high contrast mode, file explorer navigation issues.: Hello all,I am having trouble with the high contrast mode, when turned on File explorer navigation partially adjusted. The upper bar adjusts, but the navigation part stays unchanged.When changing Default App Mode from light to dark it work fine, but when turning on high...
  4. high contrast mode, file explorer navigation issues.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. High contrast colors appearing when high contrast mode is off

High contrast colors appearing when high contrast mode is off: High contrast colors keep appearing in file explorer and many other windows apps, but things like taskbar and edge don't have these colors. High contrast mode is off. Sometimes when I reboot it disappears, but not always. It's really annoying and it seems to only happen on my...
  6. High contrast changed to cmd

High contrast changed to cmd: High contrast shortcut Alt + Left Shift + Print screen changed to cmd when I typed this in cmdadmin "reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\sethc.exe" /v "Debugger" /t REG_SZ /d "C:\windows\system32\cmd.exeI...
  7. Stuck in high contrast mode!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in high contrast mode!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/5150-5150 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/h16bam/stuck_in_high_contrast_mode/
  8. High Contrast Mode(Bug?)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High Contrast Mode(Bug?): I turned on high contrast mode a while back thinking it would work like dark mode on my phone, I quickly realized I didn't like it so I turned it off. Now all of my search bars and my folders still display in HCM. How do I fix this? I have restarted my computer (probably...
  9. EXCEL high contrast mode

EXCEL high contrast mode: I I turned on high contrast by mistake. FOund out onw to und this and it sor of worked. In my EXCEL worksheet it is still high contrast... and unuseable. RIght here I cannot see what I am typing as the font is white and I cannot change it. What can I do?...
  10. High Contrast Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    High Contrast Mode: I turned on high contrast mode. Now it won't change back to normal mode no matter what I do. I tried selecting None in the dialog box for high contrast mode and all the other modes. Nothing works. Help please! 9661