Windows 10: Windows explorer is using alot of ram for nothing . I dont understand why

Discus and support Windows explorer is using alot of ram for nothing . I dont understand why in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I notice when i restart my laptop it slowly buildup more RAM . Normally when i play 1080p videos it uses minimal ram on K-Lite ... But my explorer is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Shahzeb Ashar, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Windows explorer is using alot of ram for nothing . I dont understand why

I notice when i restart my laptop it slowly buildup more RAM .
    Normally when i play 1080p videos it uses minimal ram on K-Lite ... But my explorer is using more ram than that why ?

i m using windows 10 version 1903
    Specs
    Asus ROG STRIX SCAR 2
    16gb RAM
    Intel i7 8750H processor
    512gb ssd

And i've tried all solutions available on youtube such Such as disable superfetch disabled + Reg ND changing value to 4 instead of 2 Windows explorer is using alot of ram for nothing . I dont understand why [​IMG]
    Nvidia rtx 2070 8gb

:)

Shahzeb Ashar, Apr 30, 2020

2. Internet Explorer uses a lot of RAM

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your description, I understand that internet explorer is consuming more ram space. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may arise due to:

• Opening multiple tabs at a time.
    • Using add-on.
    • Virus.
    • Multiple internet explorer opens in Task manager.
    I suggest you to follow the steps below and also check whether multiple Internet explorer process are running at the same time.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del
    • Open Task manager.
    • Click on Detail Tab.
    • You will see MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe file.
    • Right Click and End Task.
    • Restart the computer.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to perform virus scan by using Windows Defender Offline Beta from the below link and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/what-is-windows-defender-offline

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, May 23, 2020
  3. MicroZo Win User
    Internet Explorer uses a lot of RAM

There is no MicrosoftEdgeCP.exe file in the details list.

MicroZo, May 23, 2020
  4. Windows explorer is using alot of ram for nothing . I dont understand why

Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows explorer is using alot of ram for nothing . I dont understand why

1. Windows explorer is using alot of ram for nothing . I dont understand why - Similar Threads - explorer using alot

2. "Quality Windows Audio Video Experience" using alot of RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Quality Windows Audio Video Experience" using alot of RAM: I just recently upgraded my computer with most of my part but no my problem is that "Quality Windows Audio Video Experience" is using up to 12000MB of my ram. When I start my pc its around maybe 1000-2000MB max but the more time that goes on it just ramping up until my...
  3. "Quality Windows Audio Video Experience" using alot of RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Quality Windows Audio Video Experience" using alot of RAM: I just recently upgraded my computer with most of my part but no my problem is that "Quality Windows Audio Video Experience" is using up to 12000MB of my ram. When I start my pc its around maybe 1000-2000MB max but the more time that goes on it just ramping up until my...
  4. My laptop is using alot of ram for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is using alot of ram for no reason: My laptop is using 4-5 GB ram and I dont know why. If i close chrome it still uses 4 gb ram. I tried restarting my laptop but it didnt help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-using-alot-of-ram-for-no-reason/ebdbaec8-5fc7-43bc-a1fe-2bc046c8d2d6
  5. My laptop is using alot of ram for no reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is using alot of ram for no reason: My laptop is using 4-5 GB ram and I dont know why. If i close chrome it still uses 4 gb ram. I tried restarting my laptop but it didnt help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-using-alot-of-ram-for-no-reason/ebdbaec8-5fc7-43bc-a1fe-2bc046c8d2d6
  6. My laptop is using alot of ram for no reason

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Alot of options in my window dont work all of a sudden i dont know why.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alot of options in my window dont work all of a sudden i dont know why.: So my settings instant closes, my windows update will malfunction then revert back to normal, my mic and camera doesn't work because privacy settings randomly changed and I can't access it because my settings is not working, I also don't want to factory reset my pc because I...
  8. my pc uses alot of memory and ram

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my pc uses alot of memory and ram: Hello, i have an issue my pc uses alot of memory and ram while i dont have anything on and in the background apps everything is off and startup i only have Update.Github on why does it, use alot of memory and ram background apps dont use that much...
  9. Why is alot of my ram always in use?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is alot of my ram always in use?: I don't have any applications that run in the background that I have downloaded, And I have 8 Gb of ram. Shouldn't this be enough to not have a ton of ram in use all the time? The ram usage sits at around 58% - 59% Is this normal? submitted by /u/Bug_Brave [link]...
  10. RAM being used on nothing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RAM being used on nothing?: [ATTACH] Basically, I checked task manager and it says 50% of my RAM is being used, I calculated all the apps running and in total it should only be taking like 4GB. I got 16gb of RAM, also like 7GB of the RAM is being cached and it does not decrease even when my RAM is at...