Windows 10: Windows Explorer Issues getting very frequent Thumbnails / Copy Paste / Folder Refresh

Discus and support Windows Explorer Issues getting very frequent Thumbnails / Copy Paste / Folder Refresh in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Since months now, I am having troubles with Windows Explorer. It seems explorer is getting very buggy. I have the same issues on separate machines,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by WalterHildebrand, Dec 5, 2021.

1. Windows Explorer Issues getting very frequent Thumbnails / Copy Paste / Folder Refresh

Since months now, I am having troubles with Windows Explorer. It seems explorer is getting very buggy. I have the same issues on separate machines, both in Windows 10 Pro. Here are the most common issues:1. My thumbnails are not refreshing or take a long time to refresh cache solution not working, tried it2. Cut and paste between apps suddenly stops working for no apparent reason!3. My folder views do not refresh at all after adding or deleting files - this is a persistent issue and not resolved after restarting windows explorer4. Many files cannot be deleted even though no app is ac

:)

WalterHildebrand, Dec 5, 2021
  2. Callender Win User

Video Thumbnails Don't Display Unless I Refresh Explorer Window

Suggest: Move the problem video files to an external drive then disconnect it and reboot to test.

Set folder options to not show thumbnails and use details view with preview pane enabled for all folders.

Windows Explorer Issues getting very frequent Thumbnails / Copy Paste / Folder Refresh [​IMG]
    Turn off Automatic Folder Template Discovery.

For viewing multiple thumbnails use a third party image viewer instead of file explorer.

Leave problem video files on external drive and try converting one or more of them to a different format then copy the converted files back to your HD to see if you get the same issue with the newly created files.

Callender, Dec 5, 2021
  3. jsmin Win User
    Windows Explorer crashes and thumbnails problem

Hi, I hope you can help me.
    Windows Explorer is no longer showing thumbnails on files played by Windows Media Player. I've run cmd and regsvr32 shmedia.dll and regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. That seemed to solve the problem...but it created a different one. Now when I try to open a folder on an external hard drive it crashes. I read in an old 2008 post it was an avi file causing the problem and suggested the run cmd regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. That solved the opening problem but recreated the thumbnail problem. Any help to achieve both functions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jsmin, Dec 5, 2021
  4. Terrypin Win User

Windows Explorer Issues getting very frequent Thumbnails / Copy Paste / Folder Refresh

Thumbnails frequently fail to refresh

Win 10 File Explorer thumbnails frequently do not refresh after changes such as cropping in an image editor. Despite much googling I've still not found a reliable fix.

For example, Falcon-12 has an AR of 16:9, despite itswide thumb, which looks identical to that of the 2:1 alongside it.

Windows Explorer Issues getting very frequent Thumbnails / Copy Paste / Folder Refresh [​IMG]

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Terrypin, Dec 5, 2021
Thema:

Windows Explorer Issues getting very frequent Thumbnails / Copy Paste / Folder Refresh

1. Windows Explorer Issues getting very frequent Thumbnails / Copy Paste / Folder Refresh - Similar Threads - Explorer Issues getting

2. Copying and Pasting from Photos to a Windows Explorer folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copying and Pasting from Photos to a Windows Explorer folder?: When viewing pictures in Photos the stock editing app that comes with Microsoft, I have always been able to copy the picture I have open and then paste it into a Windows Explorer folder. It looks like the app updated recently view is a bit different and now...even though I...
  3. Copying and Pasting from Photos to a Windows Explorer folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copying and Pasting from Photos to a Windows Explorer folder?: When viewing pictures in Photos the stock editing app that comes with Microsoft, I have always been able to copy the picture I have open and then paste it into a Windows Explorer folder. It looks like the app updated recently view is a bit different and now...even though I...
  4. Copy and paste issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy and paste issue: I have been dealing with this issue for quite some time now and have not come across any fixes for it so I'm at a loss at what to do. What is basically happening is I try to copy and paste anything, then a few moments later the paste is blank, I open up the clipboard history...
  5. Windows Explorer Issues getting very frequent Thumbnails / Copy Paste / Folder Refresh

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer Issues getting very frequent Thumbnails / Copy Paste / Folder Refresh: Since months now, I am having troubles with Windows Explorer. It seems explorer is getting very buggy. I have the same issues on separate machines, both in Windows 10 Pro. Here are the most common issues:1. My thumbnails are not refreshing or take a long time to refresh cache...
  6. Windows Explorer Issues getting very frequent Thumbnails / Copy Paste / Folder Refresh

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer Issues getting very frequent Thumbnails / Copy Paste / Folder Refresh: Since months now, I am having troubles with Windows Explorer. It seems explorer is getting very buggy. I have the same issues on separate machines, both in Windows 10 Pro. Here are the most common issues:1. My thumbnails are not refreshing or take a long time to refresh cache...
  7. copy paste issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    copy paste issue: hi, some of our users not able to do copy and paste in windows 10, we check all possible solutions, updating windows system disk check from safe mode but non of these work please help. after restart the computer it fix for while thanks....
  8. Thumbnails frequently fail to refresh

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails frequently fail to refresh: Win 10 File Explorer thumbnails frequently do not refresh after changes such as cropping in an image editor. Despite much googling I've still not found a reliable fix. For example, Falcon-12 has an AR of 16:9, despite itswide thumb, which looks identical to that of the 2:1...
  9. Refresh very very low on desktop or folder when copy or move files

in Windows 10 Support
    Refresh very very low on desktop or folder when copy or move files: Is some time that when i copy or move files on different folders or also files from folders to desktop, the file copied or moved appear after time, not immediately also if the dimesion is very little. Sometime i must select refresh on desktop or F5 on folder to see files...
  10. Windows Explorer doe's not refresh on copying, moving, pasting, ect.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer doe's not refresh on copying, moving, pasting, ect.: I know many Threads are already started for this problem but none of them couldn't help in my case. Windows Explorer doe's not refresh on copying, moving, pasting, name changing and so on ... i tried to reset folder views, made changes in the registry buy adding new DWORD...