Windows 10: Windows explorer jumping to top

Discus and support Windows explorer jumping to top in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When using windows explorer to search for a file, after a few seconds the screen will suddenly jump to the top, meaning I either then have navigate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JCDubya, Jul 27, 2021.

1. JCDubya Win User

Windows explorer jumping to top

When using windows explorer to search for a file, after a few seconds the screen will suddenly jump to the top, meaning I either then have navigate back to where I was or end up clicking on the wrong folder. Before you say anything: I don't have Automatically Pick and Accent Colour turned on, neither do I have a Slideshow as a background. This used to happen all the time with Windows 7, since then I have used Windows 10 for years without this happening, then after an update in 2020 it started happening again.

:)

JCDubya, Jul 27, 2021
  2. Thormalu Win User

Windows explore jumps to top

Will i am in a folder an i am scrolled down it jumps back to the top of the current folder with out warning and a random times constantly. It only started doing this after I upgraded from windows 8.1 to 10.

How do i stop explore jumping to the top of the current folder on its on?

Thormalu, Jul 27, 2021
  3. l_turn9 Win User
    Win Explorer - Cursor jumps to bottom or top of file

When I open Win Explorer with the intention of searching/browsing my files, the cursor will jump to the bottom of the list of files within 10 seconds of opening Explorer. Also, if I enter a previously opened Explorer and if I am near the bottom, the cursor
    will often jump to the top. In either case, I must relocate the cursor to the correct area and start browsing again. I wish you could fix this with a update instead of waiting for a next issue of Windows.

Thx

l_turn9, Jul 27, 2021
  4. Windows explorer jumping to top

Jump list File Explorer items not opening program

thanks for all suggestions have carried out most and found no difference so far. Will check out the clean boot tomorrow. John

barbershopjohn4, Jul 27, 2021
Thema:

Windows explorer jumping to top

1. Windows explorer jumping to top - Similar Threads - explorer jumping top

2. File Explorer Jumping to Top Again in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Jumping to Top Again in Windows 10: As has happened on occasions in the past, in Windows 10 the File Explorer is jumping on its own from however far down I might be looking to the top as sorted of a folder.I have tried a fix suggested in the past selecting "Launch folder windows in a separate process" in File...
  3. File Explorer Jumping to Top Again in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Jumping to Top Again in Windows 10: As has happened on occasions in the past, in Windows 10 the File Explorer is jumping on its own from however far down I might be looking to the top as sorted of a folder.I have tried a fix suggested in the past selecting "Launch folder windows in a separate process" in File...
  4. File Explorer Jumping to Top Again in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. windows explorer jumps to top

windows explorer jumps to top: This seems to be an ongoing problem. I have folder hierarchies of up to 20 main folders with over 30 sub-folders in some cases. The cursor jumps to the top on many occasions leading me to choose the wrong folders. I have done away with a slideshow, changed the background...
  6. windows explorer jumps to top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows explorer jumps to top: This seems to be an ongoing problem. I have folder hierarchies of up to 20 main folders with over 30 sub-folders in some cases. The cursor jumps to the top on many occasions leading me to choose the wrong folders. I have done away with a slideshow, changed the background...
  7. windows explorer jumps to top

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. How to jump to the top in file explorer in Windows 10

How to jump to the top in file explorer in Windows 10: Hi all, I usually click and drag email attachments from outlook to file explorer to save them. They are sorted by "file name" or "date modified" depending on how the folder is set to sort. Therefore, the dragged file doesn't always go to the top but i wanted to see them...
  9. Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder

Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder: Win10 - File Explorer "jumps" to top of folder I've been using Windows 10 since it came out in 2015 and this issue just started yesterday October 6, 2019. I found an old thread concerning this issue but my current windows settings are the same as those recommended in that...
  10. File Explorer keeps jumping to the top!

File Explorer keeps jumping to the top!: I have multiple files in many folder. Sometimes, when I am scrolling down (Details view with Preview) the list will jump back to the top....this is really annoying as I can have several pages to review file names before I get to the item I need. Before you ask, I do use...