Windows 10: Windows Explorer keeps acting weird, desktop keeps going black, can not access start menu,...

Discus and support Windows Explorer keeps acting weird, desktop keeps going black, can not access start menu,... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I am having a problem with windows where every about 2 hours whether I use my computer or don't use it, all my desktop icons disappear, and goes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by sincereglasses, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Windows Explorer keeps acting weird, desktop keeps going black, can not access start menu,...

Hi, I am having a problem with windows where every about 2 hours whether I use my computer or don't use it, all my desktop icons disappear, and goes fully black, sometimes I am on another window and I want to access my desktop, use the start menu, or do alt+tab and its just black! When I do ALT+TAB I get a windows XP themed ALT+TAB window, my start won't open, and my desktop is gone, when I try to restart windows explorer in the task manager, I can't find it! The only way to fix this for me is to restart, which just pains me because my computer takes some time to start up... Please help, this

:)

sincereglasses, Apr 4, 2022
  2. Chewy Win User

windows explorer keeps rebooting

I took my comp out of the case yesterday because I wanted to get started on painting/modding the chassis.. on first boot I had this issue but after I restarted my comp it went away. Today I go to turn it on and when it gets in windows it just constantly says windows explorer stopped responding and just keeps rebooting windows explorer non stop.

I tried starting windows in safe mod but than it still keeps rebooting and even faster since the system is faster in safe mode.. well when I force shutdown last message that pops up before it turns off is like this.

"0000-00000- something something - cannot read memory" something similar to that.

the mobo is on top of the mobo box I plugged everything back in perfectly but ofc as usual my comp gives me problems.. or just vista lol I dont think my computer likes vista for its always given me problems but this is the software I want to use and wil not go back to xp since it has no dx10.

my mobo has a little bend in it from my zalman 9500 cpu cooler backplate, but I would think that if the memory/ram does not have perfect contact than he comp would not work...

Anyone have suggestions they will be appreciated, I have a headache now lol.

Chewy, Apr 4, 2022
  3. Ang6666 Win User
    Desktop keeps flashing

I tried finding someone else with this problem and solution with no luck.

Windows 10 installed with no issue but when I sign in the cursor just acts as tho it is thinking and will not let me do anything. Also the desktop keeps flashing. Only way out is to task manager out and start over. But it it repeats again.

Any suggestions to fix this.

Ang6666, Apr 4, 2022
  4. Windows Explorer keeps acting weird, desktop keeps going black, can not access start menu,...

Screen keeps going black for a second

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to check if that helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems: Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Apr 4, 2022
Thema:

Windows Explorer keeps acting weird, desktop keeps going black, can not access start menu,...

1. Windows Explorer keeps acting weird, desktop keeps going black, can not access start menu,... - Similar Threads - Explorer keeps acting

2. PC keeps going black on desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps going black on desktop: Hello, Recently when I turned on my pc, it gave me a black desktopblack background with no icons and taskbar. Programs like command prompt and task manager worked properly. Explorer.exe was running too. I had to use system restore to get it working but as I didn't had a point...
  3. PC keeps going black on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps going black on desktop: Hello, Recently when I turned on my pc, it gave me a black desktopblack background with no icons and taskbar. Programs like command prompt and task manager worked properly. Explorer.exe was running too. I had to use system restore to get it working but as I didn't had a point...
  4. PC keeps going black on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Explorer keeps acting weird, desktop keeps going black, can not access start menu,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer keeps acting weird, desktop keeps going black, can not access start menu,...: Hi, I am having a problem with windows where every about 2 hours whether I use my computer or don't use it, all my desktop icons disappear, and goes fully black, sometimes I am on another window and I want to access my desktop, use the start menu, or do alt+tab and its just...
  6. Background keeps going black

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Background keeps going black: Hello all so I just built this PC yesterday and am having this problem that keeps cropping up I was wondering if I can get some help with this. You know how when you click whatever icon it gets the light blue highlight behind it? Lets use the Recycle Bin as an example....
  7. Screen Keeps Going Black!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen Keeps Going Black!: Whenever I get on my computer, the screen would go black then back to normal, this would repeat forever basically. I'm not sure how to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-keeps-going-black/29843711-87ae-48cc-8963-d392e2dc6114
  8. display keeps going black

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display keeps going black: Hello. My display randomly does black but the computer is still on. Also windows randomly close or applications randomly close and stop working. I have updated and the most common error that shows is a display driver error. How do i fix?...
  9. Win10 64bit. Start menu acting weird, as is file explorer and 'Photos' viewer.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 64bit. Start menu acting weird, as is file explorer and 'Photos' viewer.: For example, when I have a folder full of photos, right click > open with > Photos, the photos instantly start scrolling to the end, like an extremely fast slide-show, as if the right arrow key is being held down. Same in the start menu, the highlight seems to scroll to the...
  10. Start menu keeps going weird! Still no solution to my problem!

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu keeps going weird! Still no solution to my problem!: Hey guys I've literally asked on every forum i can think of about this problem and still haven't found a solution *Sad Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet Some screenshots of my problem! I've tried Run /sfc...