Windows 10: Windows Explorer keeps crashing when attempting move or copy files

Discus and support Windows Explorer keeps crashing when attempting move or copy files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: APPCRASHApplication Name: Explorer.EXEApplication Version:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KeithEngle, Aug 6, 2021.

1. Windows Explorer keeps crashing when attempting move or copy files

Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: APPCRASHApplication Name: Explorer.EXEApplication Version: 10.0.19041.1110Application Timestamp: e86d289eFault Module Name: KERNELBASE.dllFault Module Version: 10.0.19041.1110Fault Module Timestamp: 4809adf2Exception Code: 0eedfadeException Offset: 0000000000034ed9OS Version: 10.0.19043.2.0.0.768.101Locale ID: 2057Additional Information 1: e9e2Additional Information 2: e9e222d4e2dfa6495959c3f0f2983ad

:)

KeithEngle, Aug 6, 2021
  2. Gencijs Win User

File explorer keeps crashing in Win 10

Hello,

I did the steps you wrote. All the settings were as you suggested. The File Explorer keeps crashing.

Gencijs, Aug 6, 2021
  3. Jaune Bel Win User
    Windows explorer (File explorer) Keeps crashing

Hi,

For us to know more about this issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you getting any error messages whenever the File Explorer crashes?
    • Are you experiencing other issues aside from this after the update?

We suggest that you check on this article on
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    and try to open the Windows File Explorer again. If the issue still persists, you can check on this

link
    and try the second method given by ThofikAhamad.

Let us know how it goes.

Jaune Bel, Aug 6, 2021
  4. Harvy Win User

Windows Explorer keeps crashing when attempting move or copy files

Windows explorer crashing

Hi,

I am having the same problem as the OP in this thread.
    Windows Explorer crashes whenever I open my external HDD or thumb drive in explorer..

I have tried the fixes listed in the above thread and I am getting the same error message as 'ktadie' (post 16). I think this is because I am running Windows 7 Professional. Windows explorer crashes when I open my 'Films' folder on my brand new 2tb external HDD. I have about 300 .avi files in this folder and some of the .avi files are several years old.

In short I believe I need the same fix given by 'Wile E' (post 7) but updated for Windows 7 Professional.

Thanks in advance.

Harvy, Aug 6, 2021
Thema:

Windows Explorer keeps crashing when attempting move or copy files

1. Windows Explorer keeps crashing when attempting move or copy files - Similar Threads - Explorer keeps crashing

2. Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.: I am trying to clean up my computer and whenever I try to copy or move any elements from one directory to another it suddenly gets stuck after a couple of files or even at the very beginning. Just like so:This makes me unable to organize any of my folders on my computer. I...
  3. Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.: I am trying to clean up my computer and whenever I try to copy or move any elements from one directory to another it suddenly gets stuck after a couple of files or even at the very beginning. Just like so:This makes me unable to organize any of my folders on my computer. I...
  4. Explorer freezes when moving or copying files.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File explore keeps crashing will move files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explore keeps crashing will move files: File explore keeps crashing will move files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explore-keeps-crashing-will-move-files/45397164-6893-4315-9cec-f5937e17c943
  6. File explore keeps crashing will move files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explore keeps crashing will move files: File explore keeps crashing will move files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explore-keeps-crashing-will-move-files/45397164-6893-4315-9cec-f5937e17c943
  7. File Explorer crashes when attempting to copy files from camera

File Explorer crashes when attempting to copy files from camera: I have been trying to copy files from my digital camera but when I attempt to paste in a local folder, File Explorer crashes and refuses to allow me to make the transfer. This has happened several times recently over multiple days I have restarted the computer several times....
  8. File Explorer crashing when moving files

File Explorer crashing when moving files: File explorer keeps on crashing when I move files. I've tried the clean boot already, and it didn't work. This was the info I got about the problem: Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application...
  9. Windows Explorer crashes when moving/opening files

Windows Explorer crashes when moving/opening files: Hi, I've been having a lot of trouble opening and files in windows explorer. Nearly every time I try to open or move a file, the folder it is in stops responding and eventually causes Windows Explorer to crash. With small files or at certain times, it doesn't happen. But it...
  10. Network File Copies and Moves Crash File Explorer

Network File Copies and Moves Crash File Explorer: Everytime I try to move or copy any files from a mapped network share, it crashes out the file explorer. Anyone have any ideas on what can be causing this? The OS is Windows 10 Pro, the network share is on a Synology NAS box. Thank you 70147