Windows 10: Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing Windows 10

Discus and support Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing Windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HelloI have run to an issue lately with my Windows Explorer that keeps on crashing. It usually keeps crashing after I use alt tab to change from one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MiguelDemanuele, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing Windows 10

HelloI have run to an issue lately with my Windows Explorer that keeps on crashing. It usually keeps crashing after I use alt tab to change from one application to another frequently Excel to Google Chrome. What could be the issue. Windows and all drivers are upto date. I tried uninstalling the vga driver, Run CHKDSK and SFC Scans, Run Netsh Winsock Reset.I do not know what to do. Anyone can help?Thank you

:)

MiguelDemanuele, Oct 21, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 21, 2021
  3. Harvy Win User
    Windows explorer crashing

Hi,

I am having the same problem as the OP in this thread.
    Windows Explorer crashes whenever I open my external HDD or thumb drive in explorer..

I have tried the fixes listed in the above thread and I am getting the same error message as 'ktadie' (post 16). I think this is because I am running Windows 7 Professional. Windows explorer crashes when I open my 'Films' folder on my brand new 2tb external HDD. I have about 300 .avi files in this folder and some of the .avi files are several years old.

In short I believe I need the same fix given by 'Wile E' (post 7) but updated for Windows 7 Professional.

Thanks in advance.

Harvy, Oct 21, 2021
  4. mixa Win User

Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing Windows 10

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing Windows 10 wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

Thema:

Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing Windows 10

1. Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Explorer Keeps Crashing

2. Window 10 Explorer Keep Crashing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Window 10 Explorer Keep Crashing: Hi,Just wondering if I am the only one encounter this issue. Whenever I tried to download / attach a document to Gmail / Word or Excel document to save as, the prompt windows explorer will hang. It seem like there are something wrong with it but I am not too familiar with...
  3. Window 10 Explorer Keep Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 10 Explorer Keep Crashing: Hi,Just wondering if I am the only one encounter this issue. Whenever I tried to download / attach a document to Gmail / Word or Excel document to save as, the prompt windows explorer will hang. It seem like there are something wrong with it but I am not too familiar with...
  4. Window 10 Explorer Keep Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing Windows 10: HelloI have run to an issue lately with my Windows Explorer that keeps on crashing. It usually keeps crashing after I use alt tab to change from one application to another frequently Excel to Google Chrome. What could be the issue. Windows and all drivers are upto date. I...
  6. Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing Windows 10: HelloI have run to an issue lately with my Windows Explorer that keeps on crashing. It usually keeps crashing after I use alt tab to change from one application to another frequently Excel to Google Chrome. What could be the issue. Windows and all drivers are upto date. I...
  7. Windows 10 explorer keeps crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 explorer keeps crashing: My computer has been experiencing explorer crashes since yesterday. I tried all kinds of methods found on the Internet, and they didn't work. My other software is fine, but in fact, anything that involves a file can cause the system to get stuck. I don't want to reinstall my...
  8. Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing: I am trying to sort several photos from one folder to other folders and while in the process of doing this Explorer keeps restarting. What is causing this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-keeps-crashing/c9e3a5ba-6589-4b59-a0a3-0a2768ff7857
  9. Windows Explorer 10 keeps crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer 10 keeps crashing: My Windows explorer keeps crashing. This has been happening since the update that took place about three months ago. Here is some info from my error report from the last hour I've been trying to work. Is there a fix?? svchost (14532,R,98) TILEREPOSITORYS-1-5-18:...
  10. Explorer keeps crashing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer keeps crashing Windows 10: Hello, I have a peculiar problem. Every time I click (left & right) on a file, the cursor starts looping and explorer crashes. This does not happen with folders. I have tried everything on the internet, ran SFC and DISM repair, and updated. I have disabled all third-party...