Windows 10: Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing

Discus and support Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing Why I think it's not working I'm on a vacation in a different country Downloaded a app titled CC Cleaner to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BiskeTurtle, Jun 22, 2019.

1. Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing

My Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing

Why I think it's not working

• I'm on a vacation in a different country
    • Downloaded a app titled CC Cleaner to get rid of duplicate photos
    • Downloaded a app titled Duplicate Photos Fixer to get rid of duplicate photos (10 gigabyte of photos and videos have been erased from hard drive

Current Situation:

I have to move photos and videos from my iphone to my hard drive via my toshiba notebook but my windows explorer keeps crashing.

I have opened task manager, went to files located above the processes, typed in explorer.exe and ran task manager using administrative privilages. Turned off the computer and turned it back on. Windows explorer worked for about 10-20 minutes but the problem persists.

Can someone help me find a solution? Thanks for Reading!

:)

BiskeTurtle, Jun 22, 2019
  2. Harvy Win User

Windows explorer crashing

Hi,

I am having the same problem as the OP in this thread.
    Windows Explorer crashes whenever I open my external HDD or thumb drive in explorer..

I have tried the fixes listed in the above thread and I am getting the same error message as 'ktadie' (post 16). I think this is because I am running Windows 7 Professional. Windows explorer crashes when I open my 'Films' folder on my brand new 2tb external HDD. I have about 300 .avi files in this folder and some of the .avi files are several years old.

In short I believe I need the same fix given by 'Wile E' (post 7) but updated for Windows 7 Professional.

Thanks in advance.

Harvy, Jun 22, 2019
  3. jsmin Win User
    Windows Explorer crashes and thumbnails problem

Hi, I hope you can help me.
    Windows Explorer is no longer showing thumbnails on files played by Windows Media Player. I've run cmd and regsvr32 shmedia.dll and regsvr32 shimgvw.dll. That seemed to solve the problem...but it created a different one. Now when I try to open a folder on an external hard drive it crashes. I read in an old 2008 post it was an avi file causing the problem and suggested the run cmd regsvr32 /u shmedia.dll. That solved the opening problem but recreated the thumbnail problem. Any help to achieve both functions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

jsmin, Jun 22, 2019
  4. peach1971 Win User

Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing

1. Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing - Similar Threads - Explorer Keeps Crashing

2. Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing.: When I click on the file explorer icon in the quick bar all the icons on my desktop vanish and the same for my quick bar for a couple of seconds then it looks like it reboots file explorer but doesn't open the folder.If i get a folder open and i left or right click on a...
  3. Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing.: When I click on the file explorer icon in the quick bar all the icons on my desktop vanish and the same for my quick bar for a couple of seconds then it looks like it reboots file explorer but doesn't open the folder.If i get a folder open and i left or right click on a...
  4. Explorer keeps crashing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer keeps crashing.: I am currently running on Windows 11 Insider Beta channel with the 22621.160 updated days ago and it went fine until this happen.So I was booting up my laptop normally and when I got through the lock screen, the explorer keeps crashing over and over.Task manager can be...
  5. Explorer keeps crashing.

Explorer keeps crashing.: I am currently running on Windows 11 Insider Beta channel with the 22621.160 updated days ago and it went fine until this happen.So I was booting up my laptop normally and when I got through the lock screen, the explorer keeps crashing over and over.Task manager can be...
  6. explore keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    explore keeps crashing: Dear Microsoft Community. i've run into a nasty explore crash every time i'm "too fast" working it crash, especially when right clicking.. tried every fix i could find but nothing helps! yesterday i got enough of it and made a clean reinstall of windows just to discover it...
  7. explore keeps crashing

explore keeps crashing: Dear Microsoft Community. i've run into a nasty explore crash every time i'm "too fast" working it crash, especially when right clicking.. tried every fix i could find but nothing helps! yesterday i got enough of it and made a clean reinstall of windows just to discover it...
  8. Explorer keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer keeps crashing: I'll be using my computer then every once in a while explorer will crash and then display the message below and then restart explorer. I'm not sure what is causing it or how to make explorer quit crashing. Error Message: The instruction at 0x0000000002930FD8 referenced...
  9. Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer Keeps Crashing: I am trying to sort several photos from one folder to other folders and while in the process of doing this Explorer keeps restarting. What is causing this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explorer-keeps-crashing/c9e3a5ba-6589-4b59-a0a3-0a2768ff7857
  10. Windows explorer keeps crashing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows explorer keeps crashing: Hi, for about the past month my windows explorer in windows 10 keeps crashing. If I right click in explorer it crashes, or if I simply open the videos library it also crashes. It also crashes whenever I try to create a new folder, and it crashes frequently whenever a save...