Windows 10: windows explorer keeps freezing

Discus and support windows explorer keeps freezing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; windows explorer keeps freezing i do not have firefox installed i use chrome as my web browser. any time i use windows explorer to view files/folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by fred40fl, Dec 10, 2018.

1. fred40fl Win User

windows explorer keeps freezing

i do not have firefox installed i use chrome as my web browser.

any time i use windows explorer to view files/folder on my computer it keeps freezing.

:)

fred40fl, Dec 10, 2018

2. Chrome keeps freezing on Windows 10

Hi Pat,

There may be a few reasons why your Google Chrome keeps on freezing. One reason is the browser that you're using. For us to further isolate your concern, we need you to answer the following:

• Is this happening on other browsers as well (e.g. Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox)?
    • Does the issue persist only on a specific website or it occurs on all websites?

Let us know if you're still getting the same error after performing our suggested troubleshooting step so we can assist further.

Aldwin Ale, Dec 10, 2018
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Dec 10, 2018
  4. Erika Aro Win User

window file explorer freezes while black strip comes above the explorer window

Hi Sunny,

Windows Explorer freezes may be due to third-party programs or virus infection. As an initial troubleshooting step, temporarily disable your antivirus programs. After that, replicate the issue if it will freeze. You can enable your antivirus program after
    we troubleshoot.

If the issue persists, you can try refreshing/restarting Windows Explorer by following these steps:

• Open Task Manager by typing it in the Cortana search bar, then press Enter.
    • Look for Windows Explorer, then right-click it and select End task.
    • The taskbar will disappear at the bottom of your screen.
    • On the Task Manager, look for any installed application like your browser.
    • Right-click it and select the Open file location. A new window will appear.
    • Click the File tab and select Open Windows Powershell, then select Open Windows Powershell as administrator.
    • Type in explorer.exe and press Enter.

It should put the taskbar back at the bottom of your screen. Check if it will freeze again.

Keep us posted after performing the troubleshooting steps.

Erika Aro, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

1. windows explorer keeps freezing - Similar Threads - explorer keeps freezing

2. Programs and explorer keeps freezing on usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs and explorer keeps freezing on usage: Hello, I am having issues with my Windows lately. There are occurrences of programs freezing when I try to access the disc or use file manager.I have two hard drives 1x SSD with system + 1x HDD for other things, which occurs on bothFew examples:1 Browser - When trying to...
  3. Programs and explorer keeps freezing on usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs and explorer keeps freezing on usage: Hello, I am having issues with my Windows lately. There are occurrences of programs freezing when I try to access the disc or use file manager.I have two hard drives 1x SSD with system + 1x HDD for other things, which occurs on bothFew examples:1 Browser - When trying to...
  4. Programs and explorer keeps freezing on usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. why does my windows explorer keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why does my windows explorer keeps freezing: when I open my folders, explorer keeps freezing. I have restarted the computer several times, but this does not seem to help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-windows-explorer-keeps-freezing/22627587-a7cd-4399-aff6-20675c71f0b9
  6. why does my windows explorer keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my windows explorer keeps freezing: when I open my folders, explorer keeps freezing. I have restarted the computer several times, but this does not seem to help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-windows-explorer-keeps-freezing/22627587-a7cd-4399-aff6-20675c71f0b9
  7. why does my windows explorer keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. FIle Explorer keeps freezing

FIle Explorer keeps freezing: This morning Windows Update applied 3 updates, KB4484126 for Office, KB4484238 for Office, and KB4549951 for WIndows 1909. Since then File Explorer has repeatedly locked up. It will quit displaying file previews in the preview pane, sometimes it won't even show the files in...
  9. File Explorer keeps freezing

File Explorer keeps freezing: When I open the File Explorer, I can see my folders and files. However a few minutes later File Explorer freezes. So I have to close the File Explorer then start it again...
  10. Windows file explorer keeps freezing and crashing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows file explorer keeps freezing and crashing.: Hi. It's been more than one month that I'm having this problems with Windows 10 Enterprise. I don't know what's causing it, but here's whats happening: When some program, game or similar needs to open "open file" and even sometimes "Save file as", the windows from File...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows Explorer freezes if I attempt to move it.

2. windows explorer keeps freezing

3. windows 10 explorer.exe keeps freezing

4. windows explorer in windows 10 constantly freezing