Windows 10: Windows Explorer Keeps Popping Up On Top - why?

Discus and support Windows Explorer Keeps Popping Up On Top - why? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Trying to compute and a windows explorer screen would suddenly pop up on top of what I was looking at (web pages on firefox browser, or opera).... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abrogard, Mar 28, 2019.

1. abrogard Win User

Windows Explorer Keeps Popping Up On Top - why?

Trying to compute and a windows explorer screen would suddenly pop up on top of what I was looking at (web pages on firefox browser, or opera).

Sometimes two of them - one pops up and then another on top of it.

I just hovered over the icon on the task bar and saw two instances were shown there so I closed both and it hasn't ocurred since then, so that's alright.

But it seems to mean I minimise an explorer screen, as I often do, and it is likely to pop up on top at any time.

Not good. So is there some setting I can change to make sure that doesn't happen?

:)

abrogard, Mar 28, 2019
  2. Chewy Win User

windows explorer keeps rebooting

I took my comp out of the case yesterday because I wanted to get started on painting/modding the chassis.. on first boot I had this issue but after I restarted my comp it went away. Today I go to turn it on and when it gets in windows it just constantly says windows explorer stopped responding and just keeps rebooting windows explorer non stop.

I tried starting windows in safe mod but than it still keeps rebooting and even faster since the system is faster in safe mode.. well when I force shutdown last message that pops up before it turns off is like this.

"0000-00000- something something - cannot read memory" something similar to that.

the mobo is on top of the mobo box I plugged everything back in perfectly but ofc as usual my comp gives me problems.. or just vista lol I dont think my computer likes vista for its always given me problems but this is the software I want to use and wil not go back to xp since it has no dx10.

my mobo has a little bend in it from my zalman 9500 cpu cooler backplate, but I would think that if the memory/ram does not have perfect contact than he comp would not work...

Anyone have suggestions they will be appreciated, I have a headache now lol.

Chewy, Mar 28, 2019
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Mar 28, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 28, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Explorer Keeps Popping Up On Top - why? - Similar Threads - Explorer Keeps Popping

2. Window keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window keeps popping up: Whenever i open a microsoft app like excel or word, a window tries to open too. It disappears as soon as it appears so i could never see what's actually trying to open. It only affects microsoft apps nothing else. I've scanned the laptop but nothing is wrong....
  3. Window keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window keeps popping up: Whenever i open a microsoft app like excel or word, a window tries to open too. It disappears as soon as it appears so i could never see what's actually trying to open. It only affects microsoft apps nothing else. I've scanned the laptop but nothing is wrong....
  4. Windows file explorer keeps popping up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows file explorer keeps popping up: The windows file explorer keeps on opening automatically. I have tried the sfc/scannow, after DISM.exe/Online /Cleanup-Image/Restorehealth. I have tried clean booting the PC but nothing has worked. I keep closing it from task manager, then do that run new task and run...
  5. My File explorer keeps popping up for no reason

My File explorer keeps popping up for no reason: The File explorer keeps popping up every 10-12 minutes without reason when connected to charger. 1 No external hard disks connected neither usbs.2 Antivirus Scan done3 Explorer.exe restarted4 Autoplay turned off5 Checked for corrupted System files that sfc / scannow nonsense6...
  6. File Explorer keeps popping up

File Explorer keeps popping up: File Explorer keeps continuously popping up. Will open an infinite numbers of windows. Have tried the following and they haven't worked: 1. Closed explorer in task manager and restarted the process 2. Removed autoplay 3. Ran sfc /scannow in command prompt 4. Scanned...
  7. The explorer folder keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The explorer folder keeps popping up: Hi, my windows explorer keeps popping up even though I followed the steps on this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system My cmd told me that it corrected the corrupt files, I did a quick...
  8. Pop up menu keeps popping up!

Pop up menu keeps popping up!: [ATTACH] Help! What the heck is this pop up menu on the left? It keeps popping up randomly and I cannot work out how to stop it. Have I enabled something so that key presses trigger it - or what? I just don’t know....
  9. file explorer keeps popping up - windows 10 (home)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    file explorer keeps popping up - windows 10 (home): This is a new PC with Windows 10 home, version 1803, OS build 17134.619. When an USB external drive is connected as d:\ drive, the file explorer keeps reporting problem (with the drive) and then opens the file explorer. This keeps going on and on by itself. Each time a...
  10. Window Keeps Popping Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Window Keeps Popping Up: Every once in a while, at random intervals, the detail page of my Backup (D:) drive pops up, filling the monitor and overriding whatever is on the monitor at the time. The display can be instantly removed by hitting the "X" in the upper right hand corner of the monitor. 61889