Windows 10: Windows explorer keeps refreshing whenever there is a file in folder

Discus and support Windows explorer keeps refreshing whenever there is a file in folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a new i5 desktop with the latest Windows 10 and everything works fine except 1 thing: When I open windows explorer and browse to a folder that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pleersni, Dec 17, 2017.

1. pleersni Win User

Windows explorer keeps refreshing whenever there is a file in folder

I have a new i5 desktop with the latest Windows 10 and everything works fine except 1 thing:
    When I open windows explorer and browse to a folder that has a htm or html file in it, all desktop icons and taskbar and the folder itself keeps refreshing. As soon as I change the name of the htm file to htm1 or something else, the refreshing stops.
    Has anyone any idea?

:)

pleersni, Dec 17, 2017
  2. gudiya#1 Win User

creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Thanks, the step you mentioned

Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.
    • Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

It's working for me. But my new folder option is not working anywhere not in desktop as well as not in file explorer. Whenever I am placing my cursor on new folder option, its first spinning for few seconds then goes to close the file
    explorer and refresh the desktop once.

gudiya#1, Dec 17, 2017
  3. Windows File Explorer keeps refreshing

Using Windows 10,

So i browse to a folder on my Computer.

i see a list of files.

I scroll down and select a file. (just selected, didn't do anything else)

i try to continue scrolling and computer is frozen for a second or two.

Windows file explorer refreshes the window I'm in and scrolls up to the top again.

This happens every 5-10 seconds, it just keeps refreshing the folder and scrolling up to the top.

Part of the same problem:

i browse to a folder

i scroll down.

i find the file i want to open, and i double click

windows explorer refreshes and opens up the wrong file.

what I've noticed, : If i scroll down and double click on the third file from the top (in my current view)

Once it refreshes, it scrolls back to the top and opens up the third file from the top once refreshed.

But if i scroll down, select a file, and press enter to open instead of double clicking.

Windows explorer still refreshes, but opens up the correct file.

This is driving me crazy!!!

Also, When posting this topic, the only "Windows Topics" it gave me the option to select was "Upgrade Reservations"

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

DavidGutnik, Dec 17, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, this sounds like explorer crashing. Which program is associated with htm or html?

Does the same thing happen in Safe Mode?

If you launch that program, and then, using that program, browse to an html file and try to open it, what happens?

What happens if you change the association of html files and launch explorer?

History: was this ok once, and then the problem started to occur? How long ago?

What does Reliability History show? There may be a red X to the crash- click on it and examine the brief report. Likewise see your event log- Event viewer.

dalchina, Dec 20, 2017
  5. pleersni Win User
    Hi,
    It did not happen in safe mode.
    The problem started after I installed many programs in my new PC. Assosciation of htm(l) files changed, but got same problem.
    Event viewer showed several problems, but nothing seemed to be related.
    I installed reimage repair and run it. When I selected to repair the found problems, I had to pay for this, which I didn't want, because I don't know if this would solve the problem (no cure no pay). I uninstalled reimage repair. Then I checked my problem again and it was solved. Seems reimage repair has done something good.
    regards
    Peter

pleersni, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows explorer keeps refreshing whenever there is a file in folder - Similar Threads - explorer keeps refreshing

2. Onedrive folders doesn't refresh in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive folders doesn't refresh in File Explorer: File Explorer doesn't refresh automatically in my Onedrive synchronized folders. This is very annoying and it is happening exactly the same in both my home and my office computer, which are similarly configured. If the folder is not synchronized by Onedrive, File Explorer...
  3. Onedrive folders doesn't refresh in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive folders doesn't refresh in File Explorer: File Explorer doesn't refresh automatically in my Onedrive synchronized folders. This is very annoying and it is happening exactly the same in both my home and my office computer, which are similarly configured. If the folder is not synchronized by Onedrive, File Explorer...
  4. Windows 11 keep refreshing file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 keep refreshing file explorer: My windows explorer file explorer is constantly refreshing at indefinite intervals, how can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-keep-refreshing-file-explorer/fc38d53b-4737-4554-8423-c4c1b2c88f4c
  5. Windows 11 keep refreshing file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 keep refreshing file explorer: My windows explorer file explorer is constantly refreshing at indefinite intervals, how can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-keep-refreshing-file-explorer/fc38d53b-4737-4554-8423-c4c1b2c88f4c
  6. Certain folder in File Explorer keeps refreshing upon opening

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Certain folder in File Explorer keeps refreshing upon opening: I have a particular folder in my PC that I open frequently, which contains 20GB of large-sized DSLR photographs. Every time I open the folder, the photos are sorted to a default arrangement before taking a few seconds to refresh and revert back to the sorting arrangement I...
  7. Start Menu not opening, Explorer refreshes whenever folders are opened and said folders...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu not opening, Explorer refreshes whenever folders are opened and said folders...: Genuine Windows 10, came with Asus Zenbook. Since yesterday, I can't save anything, as the "save" browser box doesn't open. As soon as I open any folders, explorer refreshes and said folder is closed instantly. Also, the Start Menu doesn't open. Tried running MalwareBytes...
  8. File Explorer keeps crashing - Cannot Transfer Files; Desktop keeps refreshing

File Explorer keeps crashing - Cannot Transfer Files; Desktop keeps refreshing: Hi Windows community, The problem described in the subject title recently emerged on my desktop computer. I tried a few things found on this forum but I still can't quite solve the problem. I hope some of you can troubleshoot for me. Symptoms: 1. Whenever I use file...
  9. Windows explorer keeps refreshing

Windows explorer keeps refreshing: I was working on my Surface Pro 3 when my battery went flat. I plugged in my charger and waited for a while. Then I booted up. The Windows Explorer keeps refreshing ever since. I can only access my files on the desktop, not in any folder. When I rebooted in safe mode, it...
  10. File Explorer Windows 10 - screen keeps refreshing to the top

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Windows 10 - screen keeps refreshing to the top: After opening File Explorer in Windows 10 and scrolling down the navigation pane, after a few seconds the navigation pane returns to the top of the page. This happens even if an item is selected (not opened). Occurs with the preview pane open or closed. Very frustrated. 24424