Windows 10: Windows explorer keeps restarting on some folders or at indexing and some times it restart...

Discus and support Windows explorer keeps restarting on some folders or at indexing and some times it restart... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Important note the explorer doesn't restart because of memory or an insufficient computer resources or due to an hardware problem because I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mostafa mahmoud web, Jan 15, 2022.

1. Windows explorer keeps restarting on some folders or at indexing and some times it restart...

Important note the explorer doesn't restart because of memory or an insufficient computer resources or due to an hardware problem because I have checked and here is what i have found on event viewer First type of logsFaulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.19041.1415, time stamp: 0x2d7da47fFaulting module name: QtCore_Ad_SyncNs_4.dll_unloaded, version: 4.8.2.0, time stamp: 0x50d3fca7Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x00000000000265feFaulting process id: 0x38f

:)

mostafa mahmoud web, Jan 15, 2022
  2. techbuzz Win User

MBR keeps corrupting after restart

I have a machine that when restarted or allowed to go into hibernation, I receive a missing/corrupted master boot record message and Windows doesn't boot. I am able to successfully repair the MBR each time using Windows recovery console, but I'm unable to determine what keeps making it happen.

Dell Latitude E6420
    Windows 7 64bit

Steps performed so far: -besides fixing the MBR after each restart or hibernation
    -ran system file checker sfc /scannow
    -ran chkdsk
    -verified that ACHI was enabled in the bios

If I can't figure this out I will end up just reinstalling the operating system, but I worried that the issue with just reoccur later down the line. Any advice/recommendations would be much appreciated.

techbuzz, Jan 15, 2022
  3. IzWebUsr Win User
    OneDrive no longer in list of folders to index in "Indexing Options"

Ref: Windows 10 Pro Version 1803 (OS Build 17134.48)

Dear All,

After an Windows update today, OneDrive folder is no longer listed as a folder available for indexing in the "Indexing Options" control panel.

I have tried restarting, deleting the index, unlinking PC from OneDrive and relinking.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

By the way, why is the OneDrive Category locked when posting questions?!

IzWebUsr, Jan 15, 2022
  4. Arrakis9 Win User

Windows explorer keeps restarting on some folders or at indexing and some times it restart...

Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Jan 15, 2022
Thema:

Windows explorer keeps restarting on some folders or at indexing and some times it restart...

1. Windows explorer keeps restarting on some folders or at indexing and some times it restart... - Similar Threads - explorer keeps restarting

2. Windows explorer keeps restarting on some folders or at indexing and some times it restart...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows explorer keeps restarting on some folders or at indexing and some times it restart...: Important note the explorer doesn't restart because of memory or an insufficient computer resources or due to an hardware problem because I have checked and here is what i have found on event viewer First type of logsFaulting application name: explorer.exe, version:...
  3. Windows explorer keeps restarting on some folders or at indexing and some times it restart...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer keeps restarting on some folders or at indexing and some times it restart...: Important note the explorer doesn't restart because of memory or an insufficient computer resources or due to an hardware problem because I have checked and here is what i have found on event viewer First type of logsFaulting application name: explorer.exe, version:...
  4. Windows 10 keeps restarting saying some error occured

Windows 10 keeps restarting saying some error occured: My windows 10 keeps on restarting , saying some error occured.My laptop is totally updated , n i have disabled the automatic restart option too , but still its happening !!Can i pls know the reason of it and how to fix it causes its getting so annoying !!...
  5. Windows Explorer keeps restarting

Windows Explorer keeps restarting: I get this error: Application: explorer.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: exception code c00000fd, exception address 00007FFBFA0517B8 <Event...
  6. Folders with videos sometimes freeze Explorer. Is there some kind of indexing or caching...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folders with videos sometimes freeze Explorer. Is there some kind of indexing or caching...: I have a folder on my hard drive where I store movies & TV shows (which I rip from my own discs etc.), and often when there's a new video in the folder or one of its subfolders, Explorer often freezes up for a minute or so when I have the folder open. I'm wondering if Windows...
  7. pc keeps freezing and i have to restart it to fix it for some time

pc keeps freezing and i have to restart it to fix it for some time: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID Windows.SecurityCenter.WscDataProtection and APPID Unavailable to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID S-1-5-18 from address LocalHost Using LRPC running...
  8. Wi-Fi Connection that Keeps Dropping After Some Time, Requiring Restart

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wi-Fi Connection that Keeps Dropping After Some Time, Requiring Restart: For a week my Wi-fi has been kicking out seemingly when I don't use my laptop for a while. My computer is set to not go to sleep ever. I've tried: Turning router/modem on and off Release/renew IP and flushing DNS Uninstalling and auto-reinstalling the wifi driver...
  9. Windows service keeps restarting after some time / after reboot. Cannot remove.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows service keeps restarting after some time / after reboot. Cannot remove.: I have this unknown service called 'NDE4OWM5Z' which keeps starting up again after some time, and even after rebooting my computer. The service is presumably some kind of adware, because for every Google search which I do, the first 5 results are ads which lead to malicious...
  10. Explorer Keeps Restarting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Explorer Keeps Restarting: I think I have some registry conflicts. The battery/audio systray icons are no longer appearing, and the screen keeps flickering which causes applications to hang. Sometimes programs will even switch on their own. Any advice on this? This is really weird guys. If I use...