Windows 10: Windows Explorer keeps restarting

Discus and support Windows Explorer keeps restarting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I get this error: Application: explorer.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DustanKorte, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Windows Explorer keeps restarting

I get this error:

Application: explorer.exe​

Framework Version: v4.0.30319​

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.​

Exception Info: exception code c00000fd, exception address 00007FFBFA0517B8​

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

-<System>
    <Provider Name=".NET Runtime" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1026</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreatedSystemTime="2020-12-19T17:56:54.2073986Z" />
    <EventRecordID>33061</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation/>
    <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>WiKiDDesktop</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    -<EventData>
    <Data>Application: explorer.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: exception code c00000fd, exception address 00007FFBFA0517B8</Data>
    </EventData>

</Event>

Then this follows:

The shell stopped unexpectedly and explorer.exe was restarted.

-<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    -<System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Winlogon" Guid="{DBE9B383-7CF3-4331-91CC-A3CB16A3B538}" EventSourceName="Winlogon" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="16384">1002</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>4</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreatedSystemTime="2020-12-19T17:56:54.2413085Z" />
    <EventRecordID>33062</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation/>
    <Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>WiKiDDesktop</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    -<EventData>
    <Data>explorer.exe</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

What could be causing this?

:)

DustanKorte, Dec 19, 2020
  2. Chewy Win User

windows explorer keeps rebooting

I took my comp out of the case yesterday because I wanted to get started on painting/modding the chassis.. on first boot I had this issue but after I restarted my comp it went away. Today I go to turn it on and when it gets in windows it just constantly says windows explorer stopped responding and just keeps rebooting windows explorer non stop.

I tried starting windows in safe mod but than it still keeps rebooting and even faster since the system is faster in safe mode.. well when I force shutdown last message that pops up before it turns off is like this.

"0000-00000- something something - cannot read memory" something similar to that.

the mobo is on top of the mobo box I plugged everything back in perfectly but ofc as usual my comp gives me problems.. or just vista lol I dont think my computer likes vista for its always given me problems but this is the software I want to use and wil not go back to xp since it has no dx10.

my mobo has a little bend in it from my zalman 9500 cpu cooler backplate, but I would think that if the memory/ram does not have perfect contact than he comp would not work...

Anyone have suggestions they will be appreciated, I have a headache now lol.

Chewy, Dec 19, 2020
  3. Windows explorer keeps closing and restarting

Hello Eileen ,

• Have you made any recent changes on your PC?
    * Last thing i did was to install microsoft silverlight before this problem , i uninstalled it but i still have the problem.

• Are you getting any specific error messages? If yes, send us a screenshot. * explorer keeps restarting without any error message
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from Safe Mode? I did update my graphic card , scanfnow and chkdsk Thank you
      for your help.

El Mehdizidani, Dec 19, 2020
  4. Windows Explorer keeps restarting

Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Dec 19, 2020
Thema:

Windows Explorer keeps restarting

1. Windows Explorer keeps restarting - Similar Threads - Explorer keeps restarting

2. File explorer keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer keeps restarting: My file explorer keeps restarting every 2 seconds. The taskbar is gone and the wallpaper and apps keep flashing. The only app I can open is cmd and I've tried just about every code I know there. When I try to factory reset it tells me it failed. I don't know what to do. I'm...
  3. File explorer keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer keeps restarting: My file explorer keeps restarting every 2 seconds. The taskbar is gone and the wallpaper and apps keep flashing. The only app I can open is cmd and I've tried just about every code I know there. When I try to factory reset it tells me it failed. I don't know what to do. I'm...
  4. Windows explore in windows 7 keeps needing to be restarted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explore in windows 7 keeps needing to be restarted?: How do I fix this issueWindows explore in windows 7 keeps needing to be restarted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explore-in-windows-7-keeps-needing-to-be/e5864e56-c5a5-403e-8bb6-e088ec5da985
  5. Windows explore in windows 7 keeps needing to be restarted?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows explore in windows 7 keeps needing to be restarted?: How do I fix this issueWindows explore in windows 7 keeps needing to be restarted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-explore-in-windows-7-keeps-needing-to-be/e5864e56-c5a5-403e-8bb6-e088ec5da985
  6. Windows 10 Explorer keeps restarting constantly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Explorer keeps restarting constantly: I am using Windows 10 20H2 version since February 2021, and everything was going smooth, until, from today morning, the explorer.exe keeps restarting itself. The start menu gets stuck and the screen goes black and the desktop shows up again. I saw many fixes on the internet...
  7. Keep having to restart windows explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keep having to restart windows explorer: Every once in a while some aspects of my laptop start lagging. When I use the volume/brightness buttons they change but it takes a while for the actual bar to show up on screen. If I try alt-tabbing or using the start or search features they take a while to respond. The only...
  8. Explorer Keeps Restarting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Explorer Keeps Restarting: I think I have some registry conflicts. The battery/audio systray icons are no longer appearing, and the screen keeps flickering which causes applications to hang. Sometimes programs will even switch on their own. Any advice on this? This is really weird guys. If I use...
  9. Explorer keeps restarting itself

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer keeps restarting itself: When I open certain folders, Windows Explorer just restarts itself. There is no "explorer has stopped working" message and the screen doesn't fade as if it's hanging. Sometimes, it just closes the explorer window instantly when opening a folder and reloads the taskbar,...
  10. File explorer keeps restarting

in Windows 10 Support
    File explorer keeps restarting: Hay guys. I have windows 10. And i have a problem. I installed windows 10 several months ago on one partition of my hard drive. This partition was just intended for testing windows 10, and i had another partition with my usual windows and one more with another (backup)...